The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and worst of Def Leppard

+9
MikeInFla
Guitar Noir
sentient 6
Black Rider
WildWorld
Staybrite
metaldude
TheChosenOne
alldatndensum
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best and worst of Def Leppard - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and worst of Def Leppard

Post by MikeInFla Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 am

New song from new album:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:07 am

Didn't they go through kind of a country phase too?  Or did I just see them doing some of those Crossroads things on CMT.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 am

messiaen77 wrote:Didn't they go through kind of a country phase too?  Or did I just see them doing some of those Crossroads things on CMT.

Country star, Tim McGraw, did some guest vocals on the song "Nine Lives" off their 2008 album "Songs from the Sparkle Lounge."  Was it Def Leppard doing county or Tim McGraw doing rock?  You decide. Smile I don't recall much country influence on the rest of the album, though it's been years since I listened to the whole thing.

Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I've checked out a few of their albums.  Of course, I started with "Pyromania" and then "Hysteria".  While "Hysteria" has some cool songs, it wasn't as great as I thought it was back in the late 80s.

I also listened to "Adrenalize" which was pretty cool to me.  "X" was just horrid as it is a lot of acoustic pop songs.  Did they bring in Casting Crowns to help with this album?  It stinks and will be promptly deleted.  I didn't even like the couple of rockers that are on the album.  Seriously?  This is what they bacame later on?

I dont mind Adrenelized theres a few good songs on there, havent spun it in eons though

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:45 pm

d@v!d wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:Im sure your speaking of the albums of Hysteria on up ? Cuz then, I would have to agree.

But the first three albums ( well at least the first two ), are hard rock classics right up there with AC/DC, Rainbow and early Scorpions. ( at least in my humble opinion Cool )
You know I never heard much of their earlier stuff. But, if it's in the vein of the mentioned bands...
I like Rainbow, mostly on account of Dios voice, Blackmore's quirky playing end the epicness of their hits.
I don't care much for AC/DC or the Scorps as they are too plodding. They have a few fun riffs, but generally bore me. Rainbow plods, but gets a pass for the aforementioned reasons.
When i think "plodding", i think real slow stuff with no real power behind it , and while I can see where AC/DC would be "plodding" (though they have plenty of faster songs too), I cant see why Scorpions or Leppard would fit that. Do these songs sound "plodding"?:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2