The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luminaria and Goth Metal

5 posters

Go down

Luminaria and Goth Metal Empty Luminaria and Goth Metal

Post by eatbugs Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:39 am

I stumbled across Luminaria recently.  They have a goth-metal sound similar to Saviour Machine.  I'm not sure if they're Christian or not but there's nothing unchristian about them and I like their sound.  Anyone know anything about them?

Also, what other bands have a similar sound?  I know about Wedding Party, I-Dragon-I and Batzz in the Belfry, who else am I missing?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Luminaria and Goth Metal Empty Re: Luminaria and Goth Metal

Post by Candlemass Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:40 am

Virgin Black
Undish
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 am

If you like Luminaria you will like These guys http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ikarian/93146  As well as visionaire.  I am not sure if Luminaria is Christian or not but I certainly play them.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:18 pm

lhversaw wrote: I am not sure if Luminaria is Christian or not but I certainly play them.

I guess if they came out and said they were, if you can't tell from the actual content, you still get the same result.

....they don't sound bad though.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:24 am

I had the Luminaria EP [got it free with an order from Divine Metal Distro I think] and it was ok but I got bored of it pretty quick.  Their EP was released on Bombworks which is generally a Christian label but not always so I don't know about their faith.

I second Ikarian and Visionaire though!  Also Century Sleeper.  I don't think James necessarily considers those to be "Christian" releases per se, but they're all very good.  He's a member here and posts occasionally.  The latest Ikarian is really really good and it gets very regular play for me.  Within The Arcanum Hall by Visionaire is a classic and would be a great starting point for those bands.

Virgin Black is one of my absolute favorite bands and I recommend getting all their albums!  Requiem - Mezzo Forte was my introduction to the band and I think a good starting point for them.  Each album is very different than the last (which I think is awesome).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 am

Kerrick wrote:

I second Ikarian and Visionaire though!  Also Century Sleeper.  I don't think James necessarily considers those to be "Christian" releases per se, but they're all very good.  He's a member here and posts occasionally.  The latest Ikarian is really really good and it gets very regular play for me.  Within The Arcanum Hall by Visionaire is a classic and would be a great starting point for those bands.

I find these to be all boring and mediocre. Save for the first Visionarie lp, sounded like they had promise, but rather quickly went downhill...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 am

Any soundclips from Luminaria?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 am

Luminaria album link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2lzxr0apjk

I forgot about Visionaire.  Good pick: like Candlemass I prefer the first one.  I haven't heard his Ikarian stuff but I'll have to check it out.  Another one I forgot to mention is Batzz in the Belfry.  More goth than metal but I like them.

There are vague references to "god" in Luminaria's lyrics but nothing specifically "Christian" about them.  As I said nothing unchristian though.  Maybe "Christian friendly" is the best term for them?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 am

Candlemass wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

I find these to be all boring and mediocre. Save for the first Visionarie lp, sounded like they had promise, but rather quickly went downhill...

Really?  I think the second Visionaire album is much better than the first (which is still quite enjoyable).  I also think the second Ikarian album is a lot better than the first.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Sleep
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down