The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014

4 posters

Go down

irish - Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014 Empty Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:51 pm

I am assuming they are an 80s band..definitely sound and look like it

Anyway, they released a digital only greatest hit package last year. Really great stuff.

Google Play    (Google Play is 5.99, iTunes is 9.99)

Their Page

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

irish - Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014 Empty Re: Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014

Post by Staybrite Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:54 am

That does sound good.  The dates on the songs in their media player (from their website) indicate 1987, 1989 & 1990.  Definitely an 80's band.

It's also for sale on Amazon for those that don't do Google Play or Itunz.

Irish @ Amazon

I will say they picked a horrible name.  Not that the word "Irish" is bad, just seems like a terrible name for a band.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

irish - Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014 Empty Re: Irish - 80's (?) metal band issued a greatest hits package in 2014

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:That does sound good.  The dates on the songs in their media player (from their website) indicate 1987, 1989 & 1990.  Definitely an 80's band.

It's also for sale on Amazon for those that don't do Google Play or Itunz.

Irish @ Amazon

I will say they picked a horrible name.  Not that the word "Irish" is bad, just seems like a terrible name for a band.

It really is..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:23 pm

I kept asking myself "what is the name of this Irish band"?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 pm

metaldude wrote:I kept asking myself "what is the name of this Irish band 

lol!

drunken drunken drunken  

I had to wade through one page after another talking about beer and/or priests to find any info on them

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:09 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

lol!

drunken drunken drunken  

I had to wade through one page after another talking about beer and/or priests to find any info on them

I bet you did, took me a good 5+ minutes to find their album at Amazon too.  Certainly not a good name for the internetsearch age, but they would have had no idea that would even be an issue back in 1987.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

lol!

drunken drunken drunken  

I bet you did, took me a good 5+ minutes to find their album at Amazon too.  Certainly not a good name for the internetsearch age, but they would have had no idea that would even be an issue back in 1987.

True enough....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:12 am

The more I listen to this... The more I love it.

If they could have gotten some proper label support, Feels Like Love could have been a big hit back then

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:02 pm

It might not have ever been a big hit on the radio, but it will be a big hit on my MP3 player.  I am gonna have to buy this one!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 am

I am always up about meeting 80's bands. I must check them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:41 pm

While most of their songs are simply clean tunes..this one to me sounds outright like a praise song (lyrically..musically it still rocks)..

Now I don't think they wrote this about God/Jesus..but I am not sure they didn't. It sure sounds like it could go either way. Especially the fire reference.

Anyway...some beautiful lyrics 

"Call Your Name"
Play undercover, feeling unsatisfied
I saw your face shining like a Sunday morning
It's now showing that you're tangled up inside

Are you lonely?
I know it hurts when you walk away
I can't believe it
I know you want to be beside me

I'll pick you up, when you're down
When you're lost, you'll be found
I'll fill your day, ease your pain
When you're gone, I'll call your name

It's always on your mind
No matter how you try I'd never leave you
You're always out of place and there's no one to feel close to
Do you know that you've been blinded by your pride?

Are you lonely?
I know it hurt when you walked away
I'm with you even in the fire, fire

I know what you're looking for tonight
I know what you're dreaming of alright

Yeah

I'll pick you up, when you're down
When you're lost, you'll be found
I'll fill your day, ease your pain
When you're gone, I'll call your name

Back to top Go down

Post by pastorbrad Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 pm

TOTALLY my cup of tea!  Loved this!  Thanks for sharing!
pastorbrad
pastorbrad
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.guitarjams.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:27 pm

pastorbrad wrote:TOTALLY my cup of tea!  Loved this!  Thanks for sharing!

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 am

One of the band members responded to me via email (Darryl), he said that they were toying with the idea of doing some new music.

So if you like what you heard, support them by buying the music from Google Play, Amazon or iTunes and then take a moment to stop by their page and send them a message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:34 am

They are all Christians by the way, that is straight from one of the members. He also said "If you listen to our lyrics I think it will become clear where we stood and still stand."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:54 am

They posted a bunch of videos  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down