The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident

+6
deathisgain
Black Rider
d@v!d
Kerrick
metaldude
Benny4SR
10 posters

Go down

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident Empty Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident

Post by Benny4SR Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 am

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that we report that original Four Star Revival drummer Eddie Ling has passed away due to injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident. Please pray for the family left behind, including his wife, 2 young daughters and newborn son. They need all the love, support and prayers they can get right now. Here is a GoFundMe page set up to help the family with expenses. Please give if you can and share this everywhere. Thank you for your support and God bless.

&action_type_map=["og.shares"]&action_ref_map=["undefined"]]http://www.gofundme.com/vg5p6x7f?fb_action_ids=732344840210267&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B840185922703242%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22undefined%22%5D
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident Empty Re: Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident

Post by Benny4SR Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 am

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident 1969321_556227574476927_3972408451855119118_n
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident Empty Re: Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident

Post by Benny4SR Wed May 27, 2015 9:01 am

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident 10649532_522532304513121_3846837443550425956_n
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Wed May 27, 2015 9:27 am

Original Four Star Revival drummer killed in motorcycle accident 11101252_1023310277697173_4058577294769776026_n
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 am

I saw this yesterday. Definitely a tragedy. Had Eddie left the band?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Wed May 27, 2015 9:54 am

Yes. He left the band just a few months ago after his son was born. He wanted to be able to devote more time to his family. Though he loved playing in 4SR, with the band starting to take up more and more of his time and having 2 young daughters and a brand new baby, he felt he needed to step away and give that time to his family. That's the kind of guy he was.
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am

I saw this on Facebook.  Oh my goodness, this is so tragic.  My heart and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed May 27, 2015 11:50 am

Oh, how sad. I'll pray for his family.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 27, 2015 11:55 am

I pray his family finds peace during this time.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed May 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Horrible news. So sad. Will be lifting them up in prayer.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Terrible news, feeling very sad for his wife and children.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed May 27, 2015 10:10 pm

This is very horrible. While he is with our Lord and King, his family is in great pain and I will lift them in prayer.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 am

gofundme link doesn't work, please re-post.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 am

It seems that the person that started the page took it down. I'm not sure why. I'm checking on it now and will let you know something as soon as I find out. Thank you everybody for all the prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am

Man that is sad. One more tragic reminder of the broken world we live in. We can take comfort in knowing that he is now with his Savior and is now finished with the battle against the flesh. This does not take the grief away ... especially for his wife and children, but hopefully at some point they can look to the future when they will see him again. I'm praying for them.

2 Cor. 5
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:02 am

Thank you Professor_Valconian and thank you everybody for all your prayers. We ask that you please continue to pray for the family. The outpouring of prayers and support from all over the world, as well as the vast amount of people that showed up for Eddie's Memorial Service, show just how many hearts and lives he has touched. Eddie was one of the most loving and kind hearted people I have ever known. He had a deep love for Jesus, his family and for people in general. He will be greatly missed.

Regarding the GoFundMe account, it doesn't look like they will be putting it back up. If you are interested in giving to the family to help them with expenses, feel free to private message me here,  on Facebook (either the Four Star Revival page or my personal account under Benny Bodine), or by email at 4SRband@gmail.com. Please do not send me any details of what you would like to give or anything else. I am only trying to gauge the number of people that may still want to donate to see if we should start a new GoFundMe page. We are also working on putting together a benefit concert here in Dayton, Ohio for any of you that are near by.
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down