The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kansas

2 posters

Go down

Kansas Empty Kansas

Post by lhversaw Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:45 am

Ok I have some questions about this band.  I had always thought that the Elefante brothers had always been in Kansas.  But after buying some of their vinyls I found out otherwise.  In some research I found out that ONLY JOHN was ever in Kansas and that although Kerry Livgren was a Christian "During the band's time with Elefante as lead vocalist, Livgren became increasingly uncomfortable with Kansas representing his Christian worldview"  So if he was also a Christian why would he be uncomfortable with Elefante representing the Christian worldview in Kansas?
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Kansas Empty Re: Kansas

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 am

The main rift in Kansas existed between KL and frontman Steve Walsh.  An avid follower of the band for years, I've never heard any complaints on KL's part of how his Christian lyrical content was compromised or tinkered with in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:The main rift in Kansas existed between KL and frontman Steve Walsh.  An avid follower of the band for years, I've never heard any complaints on KL's part of how his Christian lyrical content was compromised or tinkered with in any way.
I actually took that Quote from the wiki page and I took it to mean that KL was uncomfortable with Elefante expressing Christianity in the music they way he was.  But I could be wrong.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:26 am

If you follow the band and want to get the scoop on Kerry's time with the band read this book:

Kerry Livgren - Seeds Of Change
(You may need to hunt around for a decently priced copy. Been out of print for awhile now.)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 am

bjorn agin wrote:If you follow the band and want to get the scoop on Kerry's time with the band read this book:

(You may need to hunt around for a decently priced copy. Been out of print for awhile now.)

Actually, Rock Candy records re-issued / remastered Seeds of Change as well as the 2 Kansas /Elefante albums

http://www.rockcandyrecords.com/store/?letter=K

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 am

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:15 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
bjorn agin wrote:If you follow the band and want to get the scoop on Kerry's time with the band read this book:

Actually, Rock Candy records re-issued / remastered Seeds of Change as well as the 2 Kansas /Elefante albums

http://www.rockcandyrecords.com/store/?letter=K

Yes, but the book Seeds Of Change looks like it's out of print. It's a very worthwhile read. There was an original version released around 1983 or so and a Revised and Expanded version that contained extra chapters from Kerry about his work post-Kansas that came out in 1991.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Great book.  Owned it for many years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Sorry, missed the Book part... Lol