The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

+18
messiaen77
Blake
Jessrox
HOTDOGS AND MUSTARD
ramreb
exact33
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Friday13th
Candlemass
cliffenstein
d@v!d
Kerrick
Pershing1134
metaldude
sentient 6
Professor_Valconian
Staybrite
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions Empty Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 am

Wow.....that pretty much sums it up.

This is one incedible CD. Rob sounds as good, if not better, than he has for a long time. Chris' playing is top shelf too.

Two questions for anyone..

1...does anyone else feel that some of the quitar work is reminiscent of Bark At The Moon era Ozzy?

2... Time Machine reminds me a lot of The Trooper by Iron Maiden. (What say you, Kerrick?)

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by Staybrite Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm

I just got it today, but sadly haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions Empty Re: Impellitteri "Venom" First Impressions

Post by Professor_Valconian Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:03 pm

I've got it. Very impressed. Hard to say where it stands within the Impellitteri catalog, but after a couple listens I would say top 5 definitely.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 pm

..this sounds pretty good.

.....I may end up getting this.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am

I'm liking it. I'm a sucker for a good guitar sound and Chris definitely has one.

And yes, there is definitely a Trooper thing going on in Time Machine.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:33 am

metaldude wrote:I'm liking it. I'm a sucker for a good guitar sound and Chris definitely has one.

And yes, there is definitely a Trooper thing going on in Time Machine.

Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:17 pm

I haven't heard it so I can't say about The Trooper, but now I am intrigued!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 pm

I've given it a once through listen and find it really good.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Pershing1134 wrote:

Kerrick wrote:I haven't heard it so I can't say about The Trooper, but now I am intrigued!
Click on #5
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cliffenstein Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:35 pm

I've got it...the production and mastering are fantastic and of course the performances are as well.

I'm an unmitigated fan of this band, but those who are not will not likely be made fans by this album.

Even though Chris has the best singer fronting his band, the lyrics and vocals come across like they're just there so that Chris can have a reason to go crazy.  Also, many of the songs have VERY similar riffs and solos.  One could say the same about most of Malmsteen's catalog as well.

I wish guitar heroes were more willing to focus on the song instead of the guitar.  But...it is the way it is with these guys and I personally love it anyway.
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 pm

That wasn't really true of Malmsteen early on, but it digressed into that, never listened to much of Impellitteri...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:11 pm

cliffenstein wrote:I've got it...the production and mastering are fantastic and of course the performances are as well.

I'm an unmitigated fan of this band, but those who are not will not likely be made fans by this album.

Even though Chris has the best singer fronting his band, the lyrics and vocals come across like they're just there so that Chris can have a reason to go crazy.  Also, many of the songs have VERY similar riffs and solos.  One could say the same about most of Malmsteen's catalog as well.

I wish guitar heroes were more willing to focus on the song instead of the guitar.  But...it is the way it is with these guys and I personally love it anyway.

Have to agree with virtually everything you said.

Despite the riffs being a bit too "samey" I am really digging the record.

I do think Rob does a great job with the vocals, and think there are more than enough hooks. I also appreciate many of the lyrics.

My favorite tracks are: Venom, Empire of Lies, We Own the Night, Time Machine, Reach for the Sky.

This is a very solid release. It is in my top 3 by Impellitteri.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Venom first impressions: WELCOME TO HELLLLLLL  Twisted Evil Metal 1

...oh, Venom by Impellitteri    Wink
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 am

I didn't care for it all that much. The songs are indistinguishable from one another. And dare I say it...Rob's voice is getting old to me. He sounds the same on every song. That's why I loved the song "Move On" from the Holy Hell album...he actually just sang. I wish there was more of that. This isn't a bad album at all, but it just doesn't hold my interest very long at all.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I didn't care for it all that much. The songs are indistinguishable from one another. And dare I say it...Rob's voice is getting old to me. He sounds the same on every song. That's why I loved the song "Move On" from the Holy Hell album...he actually just sang. I wish there was more of that. This isn't a bad album at all, but it just doesn't hold my interest very long at all.

I actually disagree with every single word you wrote...   Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:29 am

sentient 6 wrote:..this sounds pretty good.

.....I may end up getting this.

This does sound really good.

I have heard about Impellitteri some years ago, but I just recently started listening to the music.

This dude is a great guitar player  Guitar guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Yeah it does sound pretty good. I'm only familiar with a bit of his music, but I'm intrigued to dig deeper.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I didn't care for it all that much. The songs are indistinguishable from one another. And dare I say it...Rob's voice is getting old to me. He sounds the same on every song. That's why I loved the song "Move On" from the Holy Hell album...he actually just sang. I wish there was more of that. This isn't a bad album at all, but it just doesn't hold my interest very long at all.

To honest, i've never really cared for Robs vocal style that much. Its kind of a an exaggerated way of singing to me. " Over " singing maybe ? But still listen to his work though, because the good still out weighs the bad.

Personally, I would rather have someone like a matt barlow ( iced earth ) or a Russell Allen ( symphony x ) singing over this great muisc.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:13 pm

While the riffs are "samey", overall it rocks!  Well worth the price of admittance, folks!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exact33 Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 am

I like it. It is a worthy addition to their catalog.
exact33
exact33
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:33 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

To honest, i've never really cared for Robs vocal style that much. Its kind of a an exaggerated way of singing to me. " Over " singing maybe ? But still listen to his work though, because the good still out weighs the bad.

Personally, I would rather have someone like a matt barlow ( iced earth ) or a Russell Allen ( symphony x ) singing over this great muisc.
ROb Rock voice's is always connected to the word "exagerated" as well as Impellitteri solos. The point is: They CAN exagerate...That is what is good about Impellitteri. Without Rob Rock's screams and the thousand notes per sec. the Impellitteri plays, what is special about the band? Nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Professor_Valconian wrote:
cliffenstein wrote:I've got it...the production and mastering are fantastic and of course the performances are as well.

Have to agree with virtually everything you said.

Despite the riffs being a bit too "samey" I am really digging the record.

I do think Rob does a great job with the vocals, and think there are more than enough hooks. I also appreciate many of the lyrics.

My favorite tracks are: Venom, Empire of Lies, We Own the Night, Time Machine, Reach for the Sky.

This is a very solid release. It is in my top 3 by Impellitteri.
Well, as I said above, there are thousands of bands that already do that. Impellitteri focus on guitar playing and they are awesome because of it...

But I can't deny, some songs are very similar indeed. Did anyone notice how The Garden of Eden is similar to the King is Rising? Chris basically ripped off himself. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Any thoughts about the song Holding On? I loved it, it is certainly the best of the album, and certainly one of the top 5 from the band ever!!!

The drummer work was simply awesome on this song!

Back to top Go down

Post by ramreb Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:08 am

Like what I hear so far. But do like the Rob Rock Solo LP's better

ramreb
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next