The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too)

5 posters

Go down

Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too) Empty Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 am

So Steve Taylor and the Perfect Foil have released a Deluxe Edition of Goliath onto iTunes. It contains 2 bonus songs, an interview and a "secret track.

I really like the two bonus songs. One is a reworked version of "Am I In Sync?" and the other is called "Foils on 45".

The secret track you can only get if you buy the entire iTunes album.

I have to say, I am very disappointed that the material was only released on iTunes. As a Kickstarter backer for the Goliath album, I would think they would offer a chance for us to buy it as a mp3 direct from them as well as the iTunes option.

Here are the tracks on Soundcloud:

Am I In sync? (MIssing Link Version)

Foils on 45

Back to top Go down

Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too) Empty Re: Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too)

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Yeah, for someone who released Goliath on cassette (?!?!? Rolling Eyes ) and not release 3 extra tracks on other formats, especially one song that cheats the fans that supported it initially out of ever hearing is not cool.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too) Empty Re: Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm also upset...and one of their Kickstarter supporters.  I'm not going to plunk down the full price simply to acquire a few bonus tracks.  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:I'm also upset...and one of their Kickstarter supporters.  I'm not going to plunk down the full price simply to acquire a few bonus tracks.  Evil or Very Mad

Agreed....I would gladly pay $2 or $3 to get the songs..but not rebuying the whole album.

I guess only Kickstarter backers who use iTunes get to buy the singles and add them to their collection. But even then, they wouldn't get the secret track unless they buy the whole album over again.

And they wonder why people do illegal downloads

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Even if you used a Soundcloud to MP3 saving program, they only save the MP3 in 128 kbps via that....

(and still no interview or secret track via Soundcloud)

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:50 pm

eatbugs wrote:Yeah, for someone who released Goliath on cassette (?!?!? Rolling Eyes ) and not release 3 extra tracks on other formats, especially one song that cheats the fans that supported it initially out of ever hearing is not cool.

Yep, exactly how I feel.

I posted a message on their Facebook page .. who knows if they will read it or answer .. but oh well

"I heard the 2 new bonus tracks on Soundcloud and I must say, it is some great stuff. I have but one complaint. As a Kickstarter backer, I find it kind of a slap in the face that the only way to buy the new songs is from iTunes. I don't use iTunes (and I never will). Can't you guys offer it for sale outside of iTunes? How about allowing Kickstarter backers to do a direct purchase from you and you emailing the song to them in mp3 format?"

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Smurf, even for a non-Kickstarter who bought the CD, this is not cool.

"Hey, fans who already bought the album!  Here's a song you can't hear unless you buy the album - AGAIN!"

I think it's safe to say the band (especially Mr. Taylor) lost a bit of their fans' esteem for this one.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:45 pm

bodachi wrote:Smurf, even for a non-Kickstarter who bought the CD, this is not cool.

"Hey, fans who already bought the album!  Here's a song you can't hear unless you buy the album - AGAIN!"

I think it's safe to say the band (especially Mr. Taylor) lost a bit of their fans' esteem for this one.

Sorry, didn't mean to exclude the people who bought the cd outside of KS. You're right, it sucks for those people also.

If it wasn't for the whole "being a Christian" thing Twisted Evil , I would have downloaded iTunes on my pc, setup a new Apple ID, buy and download the album, convert it to MP3 (supposedly easy to do) and share it with anyone here that bought the album.

But of course, that would be wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:39 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:If it wasn't for the whole "being a Christian" thing Twisted Evil

Yes... that pesky thing...  Sure does get in the way sometimes...  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:21 pm

I went ahead and voiced my displeasure for this marketing tactic on ST's Failbook page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Kerrick wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:If it wasn't for the whole "being a Christian" thing Twisted Evil

Yes... that pesky thing...  Sure does get in the way sometimes...  Razz

Foiled again....

Wait wait wait....I am already forgiven....so I can just do what I want and not worry, right? 

Rolling Eyes

(hahaha,,who needs a Theology Room) 
Just Joking Just Joking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:I went ahead and voiced my displeasure for this marketing tactic on ST's Failbook page.

Cool...

Failbook? I like that

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Unfortunately this sort of Deluxe Edition thing goes on way too often in the music world. For example, I ended up downloading Disciple's "Things Left Unsaid" as a download because it came out after I bought the album it was released on.

And for what it's worth, currently Soundcloud is not bringing up those tracks, so I'm out of luck on hearing them for now.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Hmmmm....I just checked and the SoundCloud links are still working for me.

Let me know via pm if you can't get it working. I can d/l the SoundCloud files as 128 kbps MP3 and send it to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 am

Steve Taylor just sent out a link to all Kickstarter backers for a free download of the interview and secret track from the Deluxe edition.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Still screws the non-backers.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:06 pm

I feel so ashamed...I gave in...signed up for an iTunes account and bought the whole album again...

Steve Taylor releases "Deluxe Edition" of Goliath to iTunes (bonus songs on Soundcloud too) Avoir_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:19 pm

People actually buy music from Steve Taylor?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Candlemass wrote:People actually buy music from Steve Taylor?
...And we like it, too!
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Candlemass wrote:People actually buy music from Steve Taylor?

Speaking of that....this video he made asking people if they would buy his album is hilarious. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down