The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

+14
Troublezone
exo
Hardcore Christian
Tobi Elektrik
Airola
Kerrick
messiaen77
deathisgain
Candlemass
lhversaw
Galations6.7
My Awesome Timothy
bodachi
Ted Kirkpatrick
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

Post by lhversaw Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:Thanks for the article Candlemass! Here's my post for NO SOUL... 

http://www.openbible.info/topics/animal_cruelty - 32 verses about animal cruelty

Track 6 – NO SOUL – featuring Dug Pinnick and Bruce Franklin
Hear the track: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/…/no-soul-featuring-dug-pin…
Buy the CD: http://www.tourniquet.net/audio.html

The music: No Soul is another song I wrote to best suit and compliment Dug Pinnick's amazing vocals. Dug really made the words come alive as only he can. No Soul needed vocals with soul, and Dug just has that talent and cool voice to do it. I really was blown away by the great harmonies he added too. Bruce Franklin's lead guitar goes great with the vibe. Bruce is a good friend and an awesome guitarist in his band Trouble. He came up to my studio to record and we always have a great time. I never get tired of hearing his signature tone and playing style! We even had a wildlife rescue that day as a small bird was sitting in the middle of the road, apparently slightly hit by a car. We brought to my house, where it soon revived and flew away! How metal is that – haha!

The lyrics: Do animals have a soul? If you mean – are they capable of sinning and therefore have a need to seek forgiveness? Do animals have a need to do something to insure they spend their eternity in heaven? Absolutely not. Animals are innocent. Although it may sometimes appear so – they do not covet in a sinful way, they are not vindictive in an evil way, they don’t do things merely for selfish gain – they don't lie, cheat, and steal for personal gain. They don't cut others down and build themselves up to make them feel better - all those behaviors and more are reserved solely for fallen man. However, animals often show much more of what a soul is than humans do. Pathetically, animals are often much better parents than many humans are – or get along better and show kindness to each other, for example.

I have no doubt that animals – ALL animals – will be in heaven: yes, the same, one-and-only heaven that humans go to. Not just your beloved family pet, but pig #3785 that was born, lived and died at a factory farm, never having been shown any affection or real care whatsoever - or the squashed armadillo along Highway 96 in east Texas that was no match for a car. As Edgar Allan Poe wrote in his short story Berenice, “Convinced myself, I seek not to convince.” I know God loves his creation, I know he sees all things, and I know he is just and loving. Think about it for a second – would God consider one animal important and another not worthy of afterlife? We now know pigs are extremely intelligent, like dogs. Because one looks different and was fortunate enough to interact and live with a family, only that animal gets to cross “the rainbow bridge” to heaven? I know I will see his entire creation of animals – restored in a way only God could dream of doing – and I'll be overjoyed to see them there.

So – as the lyrics say – can they not feel the warmth of the sun upon their faces? And do they not love and guard their young? And do they not fear violence? And... can they not suffer? I call these “soulish” behaviors. Feel free to merely call them “instinct” if it makes you feel better. (And no – I am not dismissing “instinct” in animals) Animals share so much of what we humans call “living”, although animals often have their “living” taken from them to suit humans. Many animals, like Canada geese, mate for life, elephants mourn the death of one of their own, gorillas have been seen to protect their young to the death. Animals do silly things – just for fun. And cows for example - often cry for days as their newborn calves are taken from them so we can drink the mother's milk instead of their babies.

The sad truth is that humans often feel a strong need to dismiss these things, as it makes it easier to use animals for whatever need we feel we have. And proudly declaring “they have no soul” is part of that. Here you go – rock out to this bluesy, doomy, soulful track... Ted

P.S. – I’m occasionally asked “Why write about animals when humans are going to hell unless we share the gospel with them?” I could write a lot about this – one aspect is that a very unique group of Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, atheist, even Wiccan – are exposed to a Christian’s view of how God not only cares about people, but cares about animals too – just as they do. My other “no brainer” answer: I’ve written dozens of songs about the gospel, from day one of Tourniquet to today. It’s not hard to do BOTH. Kind of like saying “I can’t go to work today, I have to eat”…

NO SOUL
Hung up on semantics - what’s in a word 
Draw a hard line in the sand I have heard 
Take the word “soul” we all know what it means 
But maybe, just maybe it ain’t what it seems

Humans the master race that's what we are 
Animals and creatures, beneath us by far 
Souls, they don't have one, so I’ve been told 
Subservient to us cuz that is their role

So much we share with them, easy to see 
Like they all long, long to be free 
To seek out the things we all want to live by 
Their freedom we should 
never deny, never deny

Can they not suffer 
Do they not want to live 
Are they so different – are we being fair 
To exclude them from care

Can they not feel the warmth of the sun upon their faces 
And do they not love and guard their young just as we do 
And do they not fear violence, like human beings do

Can they not suffer 
Do they not want to live 
Are we so different – are we being fair 
I must ask have you ever actually watched animals?   They DO STEAL.  I have seem animals steal the food right off of peoples plate, Bears steal food out of people cabins and tents all the time.  They steal food from each other.  Animals KILL not only other animals but people as well, had a Bear maul someone 2 miles away when camping as a kid. Sharks Kill people all the time and they are doing so more often all the time.  Now it is getting food for Sharks much of the time and with Bears and other animals it is territorial much of the time and both of which fall under FOR PERSONAL GAIN. This is just an example of placing animals equal or above humans and that is NOT what God intended not according to the bible.  I have watched animals a TON and seen a lot of stuff that is personal gain to them in one way or another.  There are many species of animal who have more "mates" " partners" what ever you want to call it than many humans have in fact some have a new mate each year of their lives if not more often.  That would fall under adultry and personal gain.  Many will fight to the death for a mate, falling under murder and personal gain.

So to say that animals DON'T do that shows a total lack of knowledge of animals right from the start.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:13 am

You're all wrong! Milky Way is the best candy bar!

Wait, this isn't the Argument Thread!? My bad ... carry on.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:37 am

BearDad wrote:You're all wrong! Milky Way is the best candy bar!

LOL! Has to be a vegan candy bar.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 am

lhversaw wrote:
Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:Thanks for the article Candlemass! Here's my post for NO SOUL... 

http://www.openbible.info/topics/animal_cruelty - 32 verses about animal cruelty

Track 6 – NO SOUL – featuring Dug Pinnick and Bruce Franklin
Hear the track: https://tourniquet.bandcamp.com/…/no-soul-featuring-dug-pin…
Buy the CD: http://www.tourniquet.net/audio.html

The music: No Soul is another song I wrote to best suit and compliment Dug Pinnick's amazing vocals. Dug really made the words come alive as only he can. No Soul needed vocals with soul, and Dug just has that talent and cool voice to do it. I really was blown away by the great harmonies he added too. Bruce Franklin's lead guitar goes great with the vibe. Bruce is a good friend and an awesome guitarist in his band Trouble. He came up to my studio to record and we always have a great time. I never get tired of hearing his signature tone and playing style! We even had a wildlife rescue that day as a small bird was sitting in the middle of the road, apparently slightly hit by a car. We brought to my house, where it soon revived and flew away! How metal is that – haha!

The lyrics: Do animals have a soul? If you mean – are they capable of sinning and therefore have a need to seek forgiveness? Do animals have a need to do something to insure they spend their eternity in heaven? Absolutely not. Animals are innocent. Although it may sometimes appear so – they do not covet in a sinful way, they are not vindictive in an evil way, they don’t do things merely for selfish gain – they don't lie, cheat, and steal for personal gain. They don't cut others down and build themselves up to make them feel better - all those behaviors and more are reserved solely for fallen man. However, animals often show much more of what a soul is than humans do. Pathetically, animals are often much better parents than many humans are – or get along better and show kindness to each other, for example.

I have no doubt that animals – ALL animals – will be in heaven: yes, the same, one-and-only heaven that humans go to. Not just your beloved family pet, but pig #3785 that was born, lived and died at a factory farm, never having been shown any affection or real care whatsoever - or the squashed armadillo along Highway 96 in east Texas that was no match for a car. As Edgar Allan Poe wrote in his short story Berenice, “Convinced myself, I seek not to convince.” I know God loves his creation, I know he sees all things, and I know he is just and loving. Think about it for a second – would God consider one animal important and another not worthy of afterlife? We now know pigs are extremely intelligent, like dogs. Because one looks different and was fortunate enough to interact and live with a family, only that animal gets to cross “the rainbow bridge” to heaven? I know I will see his entire creation of animals – restored in a way only God could dream of doing – and I'll be overjoyed to see them there.

So – as the lyrics say – can they not feel the warmth of the sun upon their faces? And do they not love and guard their young? And do they not fear violence? And... can they not suffer? I call these “soulish” behaviors. Feel free to merely call them “instinct” if it makes you feel better. (And no – I am not dismissing “instinct” in animals) Animals share so much of what we humans call “living”, although animals often have their “living” taken from them to suit humans. Many animals, like Canada geese, mate for life, elephants mourn the death of one of their own, gorillas have been seen to protect their young to the death. Animals do silly things – just for fun. And cows for example - often cry for days as their newborn calves are taken from them so we can drink the mother's milk instead of their babies.

The sad truth is that humans often feel a strong need to dismiss these things, as it makes it easier to use animals for whatever need we feel we have. And proudly declaring “they have no soul” is part of that. Here you go – rock out to this bluesy, doomy, soulful track... Ted

P.S. – I’m occasionally asked “Why write about animals when humans are going to hell unless we share the gospel with them?” I could write a lot about this – one aspect is that a very unique group of Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, atheist, even Wiccan – are exposed to a Christian’s view of how God not only cares about people, but cares about animals too – just as they do. My other “no brainer” answer: I’ve written dozens of songs about the gospel, from day one of Tourniquet to today. It’s not hard to do BOTH. Kind of like saying “I can’t go to work today, I have to eat”…

NO SOUL
Hung up on semantics - what’s in a word 
Draw a hard line in the sand I have heard 
Take the word “soul” we all know what it means 
But maybe, just maybe it ain’t what it seems

Humans the master race that's what we are 
Animals and creatures, beneath us by far 
Souls, they don't have one, so I’ve been told 
Subservient to us cuz that is their role

So much we share with them, easy to see 
Like they all long, long to be free 
To seek out the things we all want to live by 
Their freedom we should 
never deny, never deny

Can they not suffer 
Do they not want to live 
Are they so different – are we being fair 

Can they not feel the warmth of the sun upon their faces 
And do they not love and guard their young just as we do 
And do they not fear violence, like human beings do

Can they not suffer 
Do they not want to live 
Are we so different – are we being fair 
I must ask have you ever actually watched animals?   They DO STEAL. 
Proof

messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:12 am

lol and no Butterfinger is the best and it also totally describes the album of the topic.  It is a butterfinger move to try to slap Tourniquets name onto this PETA pushing Ted SOLO album by trying to deceive Tourniquet fans into thinking this is a Tourniquet album.  Someone said not enough thrash?  Umm MORE LIKE No thrash at all.  People That I know who have the album have said the album is just plain Garbage and a very obvious attempt at trying to fool Tourniquet fans into thinking it a Tourniquet album so as to sell more and push the PETA thing more.  But many of us are smart enough to see through it and call Him out on it.  Creating a SELF PROCLAIMED solo album with Guest artists and then slapping a band name on it doesn't make it a band album.  AND it is a butter finger move to do so,  That is why I "SNICKERS" at it so. As what I have heard on samples has "zero" tourniquet and belongs out of the "MILKY WAY"   Now it's time to get get a "MOUNDS" so that we can all have some "ALMOUND JOY" while enjoying some "REESES" and then give Ted a "HERSHEY'S KISS" even though this album is full of lyrical nuts.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 am

Dripping with sarcasm to prove a point and to attempt humor to lighten the mood as well yet failing with every step I take.  Razz
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:20 am

So animals don't murder right?  Or cheat?   So if she murders her mate then gets a new one the next year that is adultry right?  And Adultry is Cheating right?
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 am

And according to that song of Ted's they don't steal for personal gain right?

Has Ted seen this?

lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

Way off topic now
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

Way off topic now
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:33 am

Where are the Human right to live activists when you need them

Ok I know I am beating this over the head so to speak but really I am trying to make a humorous point in regards to Ted's post about how animal DON'T do this stuff when if he had actually ever really watched animals he would know that his post is clueless.  I do watch animals in my own backyard I see Squirrels steal food from Birds and I have seen foxes kill rabbits and much more.  saying that they don't do this stuff in an attempt to make the PETA album OTF MORE FRIENDLY is simply purposely misleading your fans TED.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 am

Galations6.7 wrote:Way off topic now
Not really when Ted posted saying that one of his songs talks about how animals DON'T steal or cheat or murder etc.  His attempt to disguise this solo agenda pushing album as a Tourniquet album is quite frankly frustrating and I and others see through it.  Put out a LEGIT Tourniquet album I'll buy it disguise a solo album as such or put out a solo album NO I will pass on those as I am not into PETA nor their disgusting attempts as placing animals above humans and turn them into something other than what the bible tells us about them.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:41 am

Ok my failed attempt at a humorous yet sarcasm laced disagreement over this solo album and it's being labeled as something it obviously is not is now over.  Next time Ted please just honestly call it what it really is instead of tryin to fool your Tourniquet fans. We are smart enough to know better.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:42 am

I don't want to get involved in all this, but Ted's statement about animals not stealing made me think of this video, so I'll just share it and be on my way.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:51 am

Talking about animal cruelty, I think you guys are just beating a dead horse now.
Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 2 Dead-horse
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 am

deathisgain wrote:Talking about animal cruelty, I think you guys are just beating a dead horse now.
Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 2 Dead-horse

But if it's dead it's not feeling it ... so is it really cruelty?    Shocked

Oops! I wasn't going to say anything else!   Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:38 am

lol!  All logic would say, "Kerrick, it is now nigh time to lock this thread" and yet... it is far too entertaining.  Carry on all.  rendeer

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Kerrick wrote:lol!  All logic would say, "Kerrick, it is now nigh time to lock this thread" and yet... it is far too entertaining.  Carry on all.  rendeer
lol! Metal 1 Thumbs up Guitar guy Rolf 2 Angry Slap
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm

I aim to please.  sunny

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Logic!?  You dare equate CMR discussions with LOGIC!? 

face palm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:17 pm

It's ok, I'm denying all logic and thus keeping consistent with the ways of CMR.  flower

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:34 pm

lhversaw wrote:I agree that each Tourniquet album is a little different but you can see that they all have a similar sound and are very much Thrash, with the exception of Crawl to China which has it's moments and Carry The Wounded which is still at least very much a band effort.  Then I go and read the lyrics which are over the top PETA like in the making animals more important than mankind and that we should starve.......

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 2 E31

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 pm

WOW. Just WOW!

Omnivores can be so weird.... Shocked
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:22 pm

deathisgain wrote:

LOL! Has to be a vegan candy bar.
lol!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Guys be nice we may have scared Ted off thats not very nice of you all Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next