The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do when you get a new album?

+7
MegaNorm64
eatbugs
oteis
Snert I
d@v!d
Gandalf the White
WildWorld
11 posters

Go down

What do you do when you get a new album? Empty What do you do when you get a new album?

Post by WildWorld Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:00 am

By that i mean, when you get a new cd or download or whatever, how do you listen to it? Most of the time i listen to it on my computer while surfing the net. Maybe thats basically making it into "background noise", but i dont have the time or patience to simply sit down and listen to music while doing nothing at all.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you get a new album? Empty Re: What do you do when you get a new album?

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:14 pm

When I get a new CD, I rip it to my computer and put it on my phone. Then I usually listen to half of it on the way to work, then half on the way home. If the album is longer than those two times, I'll listen on lunch break.

Also, I'll listen with headphones while cleaning house, particularly dishes.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What do you do when you get a new album? Empty Re: What do you do when you get a new album?

Post by d@v!d Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:39 pm

If CD, rip it to file server and load to phone. I listen in my car as I have a 45+ minute each way work commute. I have my own office and listen whatever all day at work. At home I have to wait until I'm alone to listen as I'm the only one there who likes rock.

Another thing I like to do at home is take a nap while listening at ultra low volumes so that at first I can barely hear it but later as I relax, my ears tune it in loud which really accentuates my joy as I rest.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Rip it to the computer; listen to those files, because occasionally the comp will screw up a song, which will have to be reripped.
Then copy them to MP3 player's microSD card.
Done. flower

Also, I always read the lyrics while listening to a new album, until I can remember them on my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:58 pm

My behaviour has changed in the past years. Usually I used to sit/lay down with the lyrics sheet in my hands, listening to the music on my headphones.
Nowadays with a family and a busy job I unfortunately don't find the time to do that anymore. So I rip the CDs to mp3s, put them on an USB-Stick and listen to it on my way to/from work (45 minutes per trip).

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Most of the times i buy vinyl nowadays. I sit down with a cup of coffee and enjoy my new record...
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Has it ever been said "I'm jealous of your long commutes"?  My drive is less than 5 minutes so no listening there.

I'm in Snert I's position.  No more just listening.  Now I'm kind of like WildWorld.  I sit at the computer or do something else low-key (laundry, dishes, etc.) so I focus on the music while still accomplishing something else.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I rip its contents to iTunes, which uploads the tunes to my GooglePlay collection.  If I have time to kill, I read the liner notes and lyric sheet right away.  When more time frees up, I will eventually delve into them on a grander scale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:16 am

I'm with you eatbugs. I used to commute between 35 and 40 minutes. Now it's about 12. I barely get into the first third of the album by then.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 pm

It doesn't work this way, but a 5 minute drive to work with a 25 minute drive home to unwind would be perfect.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

After I've listened to it once (as described above) I rip it to iTunes then put the CD in order in my rack.  Then I pull it out of the rack for another listen or two.  I only don't do this if I order several CDs at once.  I also have a rule that I only listen to an album once a day, so an album like No More Hell To Pay got listened to probably 30 times over a 30 day period.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:48 am

I listen to albums on apps like Beats Music or Spotify before buying so, when I buy an album I already know the music before it gets here (I order online). When I get the album itself, I rip it into my PC and listen to it on my way to work, on my way back home, while playing video games, or whatever.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:25 pm

..rip it to computer...

....listen to it on my hour drive to work..

....if not working...listen while I do house work or MP3 while mowing the lawn.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 pm

I always buy hardcopy only 5% of my music is digital only

I always put it on my Itunes library and then put it on my I-Pod

I usually listen to music on my computer when Im doing homework or playing video games.

I listen to it in the car on copies of the CDs or if the car has a AUX hook up I will listen to my IPOD that way

^^^^That is definetly my favorite
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 am

I like this thread. As I was recently reflecting on how I NOW listen to an album.

Now it is like most of the examples above except listening while mowing. Can't say I've ever done that.  Rolf 1

I also play most new to me albums while doing other things. I see I am not alone, we are busy people today and are able to multi-task nicely. But if that new album is stunning, then I will either re-listen immediately or stop everything and listen with undivided attention. If it is a Christian album, then I will listen even closer to the lyrical content.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:34 am

When I still had time I would listen to the CD all the way through in one sitting while looking at the lyrics and artwork. These days I'm ridiculously busy so now when I get a new CD I:

* Rip it to my music library hard drive
* Skim through all tracks and take note of any intros, interludes etc
* Add all songs to the MBR database
* Listen to some of it on the way to/from work

I also listen to stuff while I work.

There are still alot of albums I havent had the chance to thoroughly listen to yet
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down