The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed)

+3
lhversaw
Professor_Valconian
My Awesome Timothy
7 posters

Go down

Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed) Empty Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed)

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:03 am

Just read on Herbie's Facebook page that he is going in the studio in 2 months time with members of Seventh Avenue but under a new name.  Awesome news!!! Very Happy
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed) Empty Re: Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Markification wrote:Just read on Herbie's Facebook page that he is going in the studio in 2 months time with members of Seventh Avenue but under a new name.  Awesome news!!! Very Happy

That is great news, but it really makes my head itch ( scratch ) considering the differences between SA's lyrics and obvious stand for Christ and SB's lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed) Empty Re: Herbie Langhans ~ (Ex Seventh Avenue / Sinbreed)

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Why change the name? Are they no longer going to be writing Christian themed songs? Did they just get tired of the name Seventh Avenue? Do they think a new name will translate into better commercial success?

Obviously they have the right to do whatever they want, I'm just curious what the rationale is.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 pm

well the lyrics to the first Sinbreed were very Christian in nature but the second sinbreed album..... the opposite
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Ya Sinbreeds lyrics concern me considering its old Seventh Avenue yet they want a different name lets hope its some good Christian Power Metal Metal 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 pm

lhversaw wrote:well the lyrics to the first Sinbreed were very Christian in nature but the second sinbreed album..... the opposite

Yeah. I have the first Sinbreed album and really like it. I passed on the second because of the lyrics.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 am

Exactly.  Seventh Avenue released some great albums with fairly solid Christian based lyrics.  The first Sinbreed album almost felt like a natural continuation from Seventh Avenue.  However, that second Sinbreed album...I am not sure what happened there with concern to the lyrics?  I (as well as a couple of others here) attempted to contact the band to see what the intent was behind the new lyrical approach and...I do not believe ANY of us received a reply?  I know that I did not.

With the former members of Seventh Avenue changing the name...it could be for any number of reasons.  Perhaps they are wanting to go a different direction musically?  I do not want to assume anything...but...I kind of wonder if they are trying to distance themselves from the "Christian" tag?
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:16 am

The drummer, Mike Pflüger, posted a comment back in 2012 in another discussion board. He said that Seventh Avenue disbanded and the other members (Herbie, Flo and Markus) will search for another drummer and found a new band, that will be more commercial and not so upfront christian.

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:52 am

The new band will be called 'Radiant' and will feature 3 former members of Seventh Avenue!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 am

Here's the 'letter' from Mike the drummer from 2012...

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.

We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.

The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.

I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down