The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Live

5 posters

Go down

Saturday Night Live Empty Saturday Night Live

Post by WildWorld Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:50 am

SNL has been on the air for 40 years with this season. Is/was anyone a fan? I have to say that almost everything that John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, David Spade, Norm MacDonald, and Tracy Morgan did always made me laugh. The 40th anniversary special last night was ok too (aside from that neverending Californians sketch).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Saturday Night Live Empty Re: Saturday Night Live

Post by d@v!d Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 am

WildWorld wrote:SNL has been on the air for 40 years with this season. Is/was anyone a fan? I have to say that almost everything that John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, David Spade, Norm MacDonald, and Tracy Morgan did always made me laugh. The 40th anniversary special last night was ok too (aside from that neverending Californians sketch).
Love/hate. They have done some funny things over the years, but the early years were better. I remember it became quite offensive in the 90s. It seems to be too pleased with itself and I prefer to reject the hype.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:56 am

I haven't watched it in years.  I stopped finding it to really be funny.  Also, i don't typically stay up that late and just don't care to record it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:39 pm

I watched it regularly until the mid 90s when that batch of folks left.  I liked certain sketches and others I would rather jam a chopstick through my eye than watch (like the Mary Catherine Gallagher ones).
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:55 pm

I recorded it and watched it several days later. Glad I did. I watched with my 20 year old daughter. She realizes I used to watch this show when it debuted and into the mid-80's. She quickly noticed the funniest came from that era.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down