The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation

4 posters

Go down

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation Empty Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:48 pm

So, in my efforts to begin listening to more and more death and black, I picked up this comp. Can anyone confirm that these are Christian artists? Looking at the names, I think I've heard you all mention most of them here. I also seem to remember My Silent Wake as being non-Christian. Any help would be great, thanks!

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation LHiUypl

Back to top Go down

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation Empty Re: Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm really liking this Dagon track

Back to top Go down

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation Empty Re: Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Track 5 is also appealing to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:05 pm

I have this comp too.  Smile

Dagon isn't Christian but I think has a few Christian members, same with Halcyon Way.  My Silent Wake is not a Christian band but their lyrics are clean.

I don't know about Common Yet Forbidden, The Burning Issue, Kibroth Hataavah, With Faith Or Flames, or Hope Has Failed Us.

The rest are Christian bands to my knowledge.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:24 pm

I think these were bands who played at Cornerstone that year, and so they're all some level of "Christian-scene."  Which, depending on who you ask, may be very different from "Christian."  As noted, My Silent Wake wouldn't fall into "Christian," and what Kerrick says about Dagon is correct.  I believe the same for With Faith or Flames (great band).

Common Yet Forbidden would be considered "Christian" (as well as excellent, IMO, and readily available for cheap, at least as of a few years ago).  I believe Monotheist was "Christian" at the time, but may have backed off of that a couple years back.

Some of these bands (Kibroth Hattaavah) this comp is 100% of what I know about them (good song, I think the name's Hebrew, for whatever that's worth).

I think several years ago The Burning Issue had their ep "Believe the Dream" available as a free download.  I don't know if that's still a thing.

As a side note, I'd add that IMO that Dagon song is from, easily, their least enjoyable album.  Terraphobic absolutely slays PI, IMO, if you're looking into them.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:37 pm

I don't know any of the bands, and I am not into that style of music, but Bombworks (which is part of Retroactive Records) specializes in Christian music..

http://www.bombworksrecords.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm not sure how Halcyon Way got grouped in with those bands.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Grindboy wrote:I believe Monotheist was "Christian" at the time, but may have backed off of that a couple years back.

Oh?  I checked their EP's lyrics and they seem pretty Christian to me.  Although you probably wouldn't guess it from their singer's Facebook posts haha.  I've known him for years from the old Becoming The Archetype forum; he's a character for sure.  Talented band though.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Track 9 by Kibroth Hataavah is intense. Quickly becoming a favorite!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Thanks for the info so far friends, much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:53 pm

metaldude wrote:I'm not sure how Halcyon Way got grouped in with those bands.

Apparently some members are Christian

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/h/halcyonway10.html

"While not a Christian band, Halcyon Way does include several Christian members.  Primary lyricist Jon Bodan was previously in the Christian metal band Final Judgement while lyrical contributions are also made by Zane, who thanks “God (in three persons)” in the liner notes, and Steve Braun, a former member of Siloam."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:00 pm

Front cover as well!

Day of Metal 2007 - The Compilation GHF70QK

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Grindboy wrote:I believe Monotheist was "Christian" at the time, but may have backed off of that a couple years back.

Oh?  I checked their EP's lyrics and they seem pretty Christian to me.  Although you probably wouldn't guess it from their singer's Facebook posts haha.  I've known him for years from the old Becoming The Archetype forum; he's a character for sure.  Talented band though.

I haven't seen that EP, but when it came out I remember some talk around these parts about them.  And I vaguely remember (I think this is right, could be confused) an interview with him not too long after Unforsaken (which I really, really like, by the way) where he said, I think this is very close, something about how he was questioning or not sure about his previous worldview.  But I have no firsthand knowledge, the lyrics certainly can speak for themselves.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Gotcha.  Thanks for the info!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:06 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

"While not a Christian band, Halcyon Way does include several Christian members.  Primary lyricist Jon Bodan was previously in the Christian metal band Final Judgement while lyrical contributions are also made by Zane, who thanks “God (in three persons)” in the liner notes, and Steve Braun, a former member of Siloam."
I'm aware of their Christian connection,  I was referring to their musical style. They're not black, death, or core. But they are awesome.  One of my favorite bands.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:13 pm

metaldude wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

I'm aware of their Christian connection,  I was referring to their musical style. They're not black, death, or core. But they are awesome.  One of my favorite bands.

Embarassed  My bad ...

jocolor geek

(they are all on Bombworks would be why)

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:26 am

Love me some Dagon. "Terraphobic" is awesome. The album after that (Vindication) was disappointing to me. Wish they were putting out more.

They had released a free EP of cover songs, but I can't find it online. You can listen to them on Youtube.

I Ran (Flock Of Seagulls)     
Sex Type Thing (Stone Temple Pilots)    
Heartbreaker (Pat Benetar)     
Live Wire (Mötley Crüe)     
Seek & Destroy (Metallica)
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down