The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

+5
StarFire
Candlemass
MikeInFla
d@v!d
nairtoons
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? Empty What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Post by nairtoons Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:24 pm

There is many but there is one that stands out the most. Been re-watching all 100 episodes.
I've picked the "Obsolete Man" I believe this could happen.

So what is your favorite?
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? Empty Re: What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 pm

nairtoons wrote:There is many but there is one that stands out the most. Been re-watching all 100 episodes.

I haven't watched any of them in many years. For me it's the foggy zone. I never seen this one. Seems powerful.

Last edited by d@v!d on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? Empty Re: What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Post by nairtoons Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

It's very powerful from start to finish. We take so much for granted with our freedoms which could be stripped away.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Cool timing on the post.  I recently scored a used copy of The Twilight Zone Companion, autographed by the author, Richard Matheson, and Buck Houghton.  *A very scintillating and compelling read, its ideas forged in the hearth of where incredulity meets opportunity.* End Serling voice, do do do do, do do do do.....

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:29 pm

I always loved "A Stop At Willoughby". I first saw it when i was about 7 or 8 years old. Also, "Little Girl Lost" used to creep me out. "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up" is also a favorite. It's hard to pick, there are not very many I don't like.

I have an original copy of Marc Scott Zicree's "Twilight Zone Companion" that I bought in 1980 or 81 when I was a kid. I still read it from time to time when I want to look up episodes.

There was one episode I never saw until last year called "The Encounter". It only aired on TV one time and was taken out of circulation. It was controversial for the time and pulled from future airings. It is on Neflix and stars George Takei.

What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? Tumblr_inline_nezdvzSeKB1rhu1vv

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 pm

I remember enjoying the one where books were banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Oh, and I also liked the 80's version of the show, particularly the episode "Word Play". Absolute great acting and misuse of the English Language. If you have 20 minutes check it out:

"A Matter Of Minutes" is also a cool episode. The basis behind this episode is that you swear you left your keys on the TV stand.... But they are not there so you look everywhere for them. 5 minutes later there they are, right on the TV stand where you left them. Well, this episode revolves around time, one minute ahead of normal time where these blue workers are building "time" one minute at a time and sometimes they forget to put things in, like your keys. They also may not build your bathroom for that minute because no one is going to see it so there is no need for it to be in that minute in time. Confused yet? Watch the episode, it is also one of my favorites from the 80's Twilight Zone.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm

I really haven't gone through and watched all of the Twilight Zone episodes. I may do that in the near future.

Here are some good episodes that I have seen.

Eye Of The Beholder
What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? 9k=

Time Enough At Last
What is your favorite Twilight Zone episode? 2Q==

The Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

nairtoons wrote:There is many but there is one that stands out the most. Been re-watching all 100 episodes.

Soon as I saw this thread I was going to post this one! Thumbs up
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:09 pm

"Words, Mr. WORDSworth!"
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Time Enough At Last -- last man on earth, as good as blind without his inch-thick glasses ... loves to read, treasure trove of books ... falls and breaks his glasses.  Yup, that's my kind of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 pm

I've always really liked the Living Doll episode.

"I'm talking Tina and I'm going to kill you."

Dolls are creepy. pale

Also liked

twilight zone nightmare at 20 000 feet

Two Serve Man

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up

The Howling Man

The Masks

The Grave

The After Hours
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Those episodes that influenced the Simpsons. The rest is garbage!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:11 am

I was too young to watch these and  I dont plan on it because of 1 episode my Dad described to me about some woman getting "beaten" up by a guy and then late at night while driving they drive by a guy that the wife says "thats him" and her husband gets out of the car and kills him and then they get back in the car and they drive by another guy and she says "thats him"

It happend to be a night we were camping in a farm field in the middle of summer so ya scarred for life pale
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:37 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:I was too young to watch these and  I dont plan on it because of 1 episode my Dad described to me about some woman getting "beaten" up by a guy and then late at night while driving they drive by a guy that the wife says "thats him" and her husband gets out of the car and kills him and then they get back in the car and they drive by another guy and she says "thats him"

It happend to be a night we were camping in a farm field in the middle of summer so ya scarred for life pale

I don't think that was a TZ episode...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 am

Hardcore Christian, I think that was an episode of The Outer Limits.  It was a pretty good show in its own right too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:00 am

Hey Twilight Zone fans, Can you help me to remember the name of this episode?

I think it's from either the 80's series...or the later 2002 series. I really can't remember which one.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but here is the synopsis as I remember it...

I remember a guy finds an earpiece that allows him to hear other people's thoughts. He puts the earpiece in and starts passing himself off as a psychic. Later on in the episode the guy finds that he can't take the earpiece out...it has latched onto him and started growing onto his face.

Anyone remember this episode?

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 am

Mortal wrote:Hey Twilight Zone fans, Can you help me to remember the name of this episode?

I think it's from either the 80's series...or the later 2002 series. I really can't remember which one.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but here is the synopsis as I remember it...

I remember a guy finds an earpiece that allows him to hear other people's thoughts. He puts the earpiece in and starts passing himself off as a psychic. Later on in the episode the guy finds that he can't take the earpiece out...it has latched onto him and started growing onto his face.

Anyone remember this episode?

Hmmm... I have the 2002 series on DVD. Funny how I got it, I was bidding on eBay for a DVD boxed set of the 80's version of the show. When it arrived in the mail it wasn't the 80's version but the series hosted by Forrest Whitaker. I had no idea it even existed. I kept it and never told them they sent the wrong boxed set because I ended up watching it anyway.

Was trying to figure out what episode you are referring to. Does it have Jeremy Piven in it? He is struck by lightning and then can hear everyone's thoughts?

One of the best ones from that series was "It's Still A Good Life" with Billy Mumy returning as an adult Anthony. Cloris Leachman reprised her role as Anthony's mother. It also stars Liliana Mumy, his daughter.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:08 pm

No...Jeremy Piven is not the guy in the episode I'm thinking of.

I looked at some episode guides and skimmed through all of the episode synopsis. I didn't see anything relating to the episode I am thinking of. I'm pretty sure this was a Twilight Zone episode, though. I'll keep searching for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 pm

I found it!

I stand corrected...It was not a Twilight Zone episode...It was an episode from the Friday the 13th series.

It's called Stick It In Your Ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Mortal wrote:I found it!

I stand corrected...It was not a Twilight Zone episode...It was an episode from the Friday the 13th series.

It's called Stick It In Your Ear.

Ah-ha! Mystery solved. This thread also had me thinking about Tales From The Darkside. My favorite episode was "A Case Of The Stubborns" featuring Brent Spiner as a pastor and a very young Christian Slater. It was the story about a very stubborn old man who had died but since he was so stubborn he didn't believe he was dead so he still walked around.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Walking Distance is a really good episode. I liked how tight they kept it with Martin meeting his past self and being able to recall the memories creating some kind of infinite time look for him and his future and past Martins. It was also a really sad episode. Watching a man trying to relive his childhood because he is so unsatisfied with his own life and having to go back to it in the end without no real solution. His talk with his past dad was a bummer.

And When The Sky Was Opened is probably my favorite episode. 3 astronauts landing back on Earth celebrating their success by hanging out in a bar when one of them realizes that "fate" had made a mistake by letting them live. So one by one they start to realize they're suppose to be dead and instantly disappear while everybody in the world forgets about them as if they never came back. It creeped me out. Especially the forgetting part. Whenever one astronaut would ask people if they have seen the other and be told they never made it or existed. Each time one would pull the newspaper and see that the picture of the other astronaut was no longer there, really good and intense episode.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:09 pm

MikeInFla wrote:This thread also had me thinking about Tales From The Darkside.

Me too. I was trying to remember that episode and I was thinking about all the different shows...

Twilight Zone
Tales From The Darkside
Tales From The Crypt
Monsters

I had completely forgotten about Friday The 13th the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Here is an interesting episode from The Twilight Zone (2002).

Azoth the Avenger Is a Friend of Mine

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:26 am

Mortal wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:This thread also had me thinking about Tales From The Darkside.

Me too. I was trying to remember that episode and I was thinking about all the different shows...

Twilight Zone
Tales From The Darkside
Tales From The Crypt
Monsters

I had completely forgotten about Friday The 13th the series.

There was also another show hosted by Henry Rollins that reminded me of The Twilight Zone called "Night Visions". This one was creepy.

There was also a show in the early 80's called The Red Room but I cannot find anything about it. The only hits are "The Red Room Riddle" which was an ABC Storybook Special.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next