The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boy Admits He Didn't Go To Heaven

+2
Candlemass
MegaNorm64
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boy Admits He Didn't Go To Heaven Empty Re: Boy Admits He Didn't Go To Heaven

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:32 am

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

This is why I stay away from the "I died and went to Heaven/Hell" books no matter how popular they are among Christians. I would read fiction book with made up characters that has a Christian message in it but not one that claims to be non fiction. The only non fiction God encounter book we really need is the bible.

That kid just taught a lot of us just how gullible we can be.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:49 am

Certain Christian friends will criticize me for finding Bigfoot stories to be interesting...

...but yet they find these "I died and went to Heaven" stories interesting.

Go figure.

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 am

Mortal wrote:Certain Christian friends will criticize me for finding Bigfoot stories to be interesting...

...but yet they find these "I died and went to Heaven" stories interesting.

Go figure.
I know the feeling.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 am

Kinda makes you wonder if Heaven is for real...

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:59 am

I have a feeling that some folks will be saying...

"Who cares if he made it all up for attention? He made people think about God and Heaven, and that's a good thing."

I have heard these type of "defense" statements before.

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 am

Haha, they are the same ones who say "maybe it happened because you aren't meant to have it" when something bad happens to you for buying something you wanted to get. I remember I bought a Demon Hunter cd once and my aunt was telling me how they represent the devil because of their album covers. I wanted to show her how even christian online stores were selling their cds and the server was down. Then she says "Maybe God isn't letting the website work because I'm not meant to see the lies". I had no words.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:31 am

Well, just because a "Christian Store" is selling something doesn't make it good, or bad...but yea, I've run into that line of reasoning as well; "Your car stereo fried because you were making an idol out of it and God destroyed it!" Shocked
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Candlemass wrote:Well, just because a "Christian Store" is selling something doesn't make it good, or bad...but yea, I've run into that line of reasoning as well; "Your car stereo fried because you were making an idol out of it and God destroyed it!" Shocked
True, but I wanted to make a point to her and that websites server was down and she didn't let me show her any other sources like interviews of band members stating their beliefs. Instead I just got blown off with that comment which left me speechless.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:04 pm

^A favorite line of mine for moments like that is "I can't argue with that logic!"  Which is true!

I don't know this book, but I've always thought that the quote about putting our faith in Scripture rather than somebody's (alleged) experience made great sense.  I don't know this book, although I did read "Heaven Is for Real" and thought that it *could* be legit.  But the story of a young child is always a poor place to stake one's faith.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 am

I really wonder about those who would say...

"Who cares if he made it all up for attention? He made people think about God and Heaven, and that's a good thing."

...It makes me wonder where their reverence for God is. It seems to have flown out the window.

It is not a good thing to make up lies about the King (God/The Lord) and His Dominion (Heaven) just to get attention.

Just because he made people think about "God" and "Heaven" doesn't make it right.

And the "God" and "Heaven" he made people think about were questionable from the start...and have now been proven to be fakes.

No...It is not a good thing that he made people think about "God" and "Heaven".

It's a dangerous thing.

Thank God the boy decided to repent.

I just wish that certain folks would repent also and get their reverence for God back instead of making up silly excuses for stuff like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:22 am

I never heard of this story. I've heard about the movie 'Heaven is for Real.' I've never seen it nor wanted too. Maybe I should so that I can know it to counter argue it.

About this boy, I wonder, first of all, why anyone should trust a fantastic story by someone named Malarkey. I mean really, people are that foolish. Wink

The only good news about this story is that it seems like the boy has a reverence for God's Word. I hope he's saved and that maybe God will use his testimony to affect his wicked father.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 am

Mortal wrote:I really wonder about those who would say...

...It makes me wonder where their reverence for God is. It seems to have flown out the window.

It is not a good thing to make up lies about the King (God/The Lord) and His Dominion (Heaven) just to get attention.

Just because he made people think about "God" and "Heaven" doesn't make it right.

And the "God" and "Heaven" he made people think about were questionable from the start...and have now been proven to be fakes.

It's a dangerous thing.

I just wish that certain folks would repent also and get their reverence for God back instead of making up silly excuses for stuff like this.
Great points.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 pm

The worst thing about reading these kind of articles are the comments (Not the forum comments, but the comments on the actual source page.) Makes you want to live on a different planet.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:The worst thing about reading these kind of articles are the comments (Not the forum comments, but the comments on the actual source page.) Makes you want to live on a different planet.
Amazingly callous, huh?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Yeah, I noticed the last name.  Too perfect!

Internet comments are always -- ALWAYS the worst.  I figure that it's because the only people who care enough to write comments on internet articles/youtube vids/whatever probably just have issues.  Otherwise any faith in humanity (not where faith should be anyway!) is out the door!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Mortal wrote:I have a feeling that some folks will be saying...

I have heard these type of "defense" statements before.

Some Christians feel that the end sometimes justifies the means. But when proclaiming the Gospel we should always do so with honesty and integrity. Can God still use things done under false pretenses ? Sure, but it is usually in spite of the falsehood.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:56 pm

You simply can't wrong with giving people the simple and powerful Gospel. We are a sinners who deserves hell, and the Father sent the Son to save sinners.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

I never had much interest in these stories, nor any interest in smacking a label of "miracle" or "load of rubbish" on them or any one in particular....

Reading how the boy's parents are divorced and how this whole thing reportedly was the idea of the boy's father, I must admit I am suspicious that this whole thing is the idea of the boy's mother. If the boy was yanked in one direction by one parent, then who can say he isn't being yanked in the other direction by the other?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:38 pm

sentient 6 wrote:Some Christians feel that the end sometimes justifies the means.

If they were Christians at all, they should know better than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:The worst thing about reading these kind of articles are the comments (Not the forum comments, but the comments on the actual source page.) Makes you want to live on a different planet.
+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Mortal wrote:I really wonder about those who would say...

It's a dangerous thing.

Absolutely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 pm

LemonMouse wrote:I never had much interest in these stories, nor any interest in smacking a label of "miracle" or "load of rubbish" on them or any one in particular....

Reading how the boy's parents are divorced and how this whole thing reportedly was the idea of the boy's father, I must admit I am suspicious that this whole thing is the idea of the boy's mother. If the boy was yanked in one direction by one parent, then who can say he isn't being yanked in the other direction by the other?
I thought of that too... Assuming the story is made-up though, I wonder if the kid came up with it all by himself, or by some prompting from his parents ("it's like you were dead... did you see heaven?"). It also seems interesting that he's now saying he didn't die at all - isn't that something the doctors would have been able to confirm/deny? Although death (truly dead? or just unresponsive/dormant? what is death?) is more difficult to define than it seems. Near death experiences are interesting (both those that appear to support a particular religion or something else), though I hesitate to place much confidence in them meaning anything applicable to the actual afterlife, if there is one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 pm

A number of years ago, the Christian Research Journal ran a unique series on the entire NDE phenomenon.  Simply scintillating reading.  If you can score a link online (unsure if it's on teh Interwebz or not), it's a worthy read IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 am

Neal Morse Code wrote:A number of years ago, the Christian Research Journal ran a unique series on the entire NDE phenomenon.  Simply scintillating reading.  If you can score a link online (unsure if it's on teh Interwebz or not), it's a worthy read IMO.
http://www.equip.org/article/the-near-death-experience-part-one/

http://www.equip.org/article/the-near-death-experience-part-two/

Also the vid I posted earlier in this thread Hank reads excerpts from his book; "Afterlife."
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next