The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art

+8
Drawnsword
Staybrite
Kerrick
deathisgain
MegaNorm64
alldatndensum
Driven
nairtoons
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Art Empty Art

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Anyone here an artist?

What are your favorite styles? mediums? tools to work with? etc?

I draw, paint, and am a cartoonist also.

Any serious artists out there?

Back to top Go down

Art Empty Re: Art

Post by nairtoons Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Cartooning, Realistic drawing. Pen and ink,Water color, Color Pencil. Love airbrushing but haven't picked one up in years.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:41 pm

I occasionally draw cars (with a mechanical or HB pencil), but they don't look that great - they're just flights of fancy. I also like to draw road maps, again with pencils, of places that don't exist, just as a relief for boredom sometimes.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 pm

I do a little drawing, some painting, a little decoupage, and am currently building a 2nd electric cigar box guitar.  I'd say I am an artists.  I will also be stepping away from Mission Of One for a time and attempting to do a rocked out blues album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 pm

Art Legit_11Art Legit_12Art Legit_13Art Legit_14Art Legit_11Art Leesam10Art Newer_10
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 pm

I mainly do computer graphics. This year I want to get back into drawing again.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:19 pm

I love art!  Haven't done much lately though.  DIG has some AWESOME artwork - definitely check his stuff out.  Here's my attempt at computer art (via MS Paint):

Art Jack_b10

Actually I did this back in high school.  I've done some better ones since though my "masterpiece" could be found offensive by some so I won't post it here haha.  (My buddy in the Marines asked me to do a MS Paint picture of "Marines in a bar-fight killing hippies" - it's pretty over-the-top...)

I also do wire-sculpture.  Here are a couple pictures of a horse I made for my sister:

Art 10548044_10152748650876708_7785688226733666978_o

Art 149381_10152748651891708_1390915568326948983_n

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by nairtoons Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:00 pm

I would love to try my hand at Chainsaw wood carving.
Art <a href=Art Alan_alda" />
Art <a href=Art Artoo_nair-1" />
Art <a href=Art Leianair" />
Art <a href=Art Tiger_zpsad63c554" /
Sorry they are so huge, couldn't get them to resize.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow.  Those are fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

p.s. I've always wanted to try chainsaw carving as well.  Here is my attempt at Dremel tool carving:

Art Img_0210

(He's about 3" tall and my first attempt at carving anything with my Dremel.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by nairtoons Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Nice wire sculpture. That's cool never tried the dremel for a full carving. Did a 3 dimensional sign of a coffee cup and used a dremel tool. Did you ever try wood carving? I've done a couple ducks and birds back in high school. My biggest problem is finding time to do art so burned out from art at work.

Keep the art coming everyone. I'm really enjoys seeing others art so many different styles...
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:46 pm

I used to draw a little, but I haven't done it in over 20 years.  Here are few old sketches (and one ink-work piece) that I've managed to hang onto over the years.

Art Hatter_zps3fdecddb

Art 0c28efba-0574-4be0-88a0-40f87a8a3014_zpsa01df132

Art 9d07afa0-ee18-4cbe-8a77-237ab12502f6_zps0739fbb0
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 am

Nairtoons,

Do you have any cartoon characters that you created yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by nairtoons Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 am

Art <a href=Art Fishin10" />
Art <a href=Art Nair_g10" />
Art <a href=Art Nairoo10" />
Art <a href=Art Sketch10" />
Here's some but I have lots more just not scanned in.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:Wow.  Those are fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

p.s. I've always wanted to try chainsaw carving as well.  Here is my attempt at Dremel tool carving:

Art Img_0210

Reminds me of Mr. Hankey a little. Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Creating art has always been a big part of my life as I'v never stopped drawing since i could hold a pencil.
Fav mediums ... HB, 2B, 4B Graphite pencils. India ink and synthetic brush 000 scale, 04 ink pen or black ball point pen, currently enjoying a roller pen 0.5 by Recheng has a smooth flow.
I have been painting less often but lately I'v been returning too water colour, love the earthy tones and the speed of them. Also like painting with Acrylics and also in oils. I used to do a lot of water colour pencil mostly used dry.
Sci-fi fantasy and dark extreme in realism is my favorite styles.
I draw in my sketchbook mostly daily, just throwing down ideas quickly and also just have doodling jam sessions that randomly develop into things. I usually do 1 or 2 A4 pages a day for a fun jam. My sketchbooks become a treasury of ideas i use for finished illustrations. Currently I'm working on an art book and a comic book.
Heres a little sample from my various sketchbooks and finished graphite work http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/275914-Heavy-Lead

Really nice to see theres a few here into art. Do you have samples online Mortal?

Last edited by Drawnsword on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:45 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Wow.  Those are fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

Art Img_0210

Reminds me of Mr. Hankey a little. Razz

Hey!  What are you trying to say?!?  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Drawnsword wrote:Do you have samples online Mortal?

Not at the moment. 

Most of my drawings are tucked away inside my art folders. There is nothing in there that I'd really want to post online. Alot of it is just ideas that I started and never completed.

But I do want to get back into my artwork and start completing some stuff for people to see.

Perhaps I'll have some stuff completed later on.

I checked out your art, and I like it. The amount of detail you put into it is pretty cool. If I could offer you one bit of constructive criticism, it would be to study up on anatomy. Please don't be offended at that...Anatomy is something all artists need to study. I have struggles with it myself at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:18 pm

That horse is sick, kerrick.

I'm not really a serious artist but I like doing some artsy things. I'm taking CADD classes (including actual pencil sketching), which is fun, and I've done a bit of creating/editing on the computer (like my avatar here). I used to draw fantasy cars a lot, but mostly I now like tinkering with things and making them look cool in the process - so not a whole lot of art for it's own sake, but I like building things that look nice outside of their function.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:09 am

Mortal wrote:
Drawnsword wrote:Do you have samples online Mortal?

Not at the moment. 

Most of my drawings are tucked away inside my art folders. There is nothing in there that I'd really want to post online. Alot of it is just ideas that I started and never completed.

But I do want to get back into my artwork and start completing some stuff for people to see.

Perhaps I'll have some stuff completed later on.

I checked out your art, and I like it. The amount of detail you put into it is pretty cool. If I could offer you one bit of constructive criticism, it would be to study up on anatomy. Please don't be offended at that...Anatomy is something all artists need to study. I have struggles with it myself at times.
Cheers! yeah anatomy is an on-going study for every artist. I find doing comics really helps stretch the anatomy skills as with perspective, lighting and creating the most dynamic panel you can imagine.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Drawnsword wrote:Cheers! yeah anatomy is an on-going study for every artist. I find doing comics really helps stretch the anatomy skills as with perspective, lighting and creating the most dynamic panel you can imagine.

You're right. Comics stretch all sorts of different things and perspectives. Some comics more so than others. Nothing wrong with that.

I was offering a bit of advice from my own perspective. However, it is your art and you are free to do what you want with it. Don't take that the wrong way. I think you're drawings are good. You definitely have an eye for detail. I'd like to see more of your art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Um what i was saying was yeah your right it is a constant on-going study of anatomy and doing comics is a way that forces me to think about it deeply along with other areas. I am constantly studying it along with things like perspective etc, doing comics or illustrations presents the constant challange of coming up with more exciting angles, dynamics etc. I have a fair handle on drawing male and female anatomy from imagination yet just like all professionals i also use photo reference also for finished illustrations when the anatomy is not so easy to portray from memory... like how certain muscles stretch etc. When i say i jam in my sketchbook from imagination i also practice anatomy from multiple photo references. The latest anatomy study i want to do is construct sword fight scenes so thank you for your encouragement. I am very critical of my own work and always feel like the moment i finish a piece that i could re-do the entire piece better. If we wait until we are perfect to show our stuff it will never happen ha.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:59 pm

I am very critical of my own work as well. I agree that we can't wait until things are perfect before we show our stuff, but in my case, I will at least wait until it is the way I want it. I am critical about what I present.

I am also open to constructive criticism. I have learned alot through constructive criticism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah I hear you, you have to like your own stuff enough to present it. I'v found when i wait on presenting finished illustration it can grow into cringe material in just a few years, so its good to get it out quick. I think when you draw all the time you are progressing constantly to new levels.
As they say it takes another eye to finish a painting... you know someone to look over your shoulder and say 'yeah thats enough'.

Have you or any other artist here ever felt pressure or stifled and restricted in your creativity by church folk or by your own past limited understanding?
...Like its only worthy if it portrays the gospel, evangelizes in some way or its theology is correct. In other words if your art isnt some kind of glorified tract it has no value and is not a worthy pursuit.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:30 pm

I've had people ask questions about certain drawings because they didn't understand them, but I never really felt stifled or restricted.

Alot of those questions made me question myself, but again, I never felt stifled or restricted. I used it as a learning experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I guess i mean more with creating a story, probably more related with creating comics and concepts( or cartoons in 2 of you's case) though illustrations too. I used too feel tied with my creative hands even to what could be allowed theologically, being as i was interested in the sci-fi fantasy genre. Now i see that the beauty of fantasy is that it allows us to see truths by using creatures and places that are new to us. We can see the truths clearer without the baggage of what we know and expect. ...It is a powerful genre.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: