The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who remembers life before microwaves?

+17
StarFire
stepcousin
sentient 6
Candlemass
L8T
johnnycanuck
Staybrite
Grindboy
Gandalf the White
Xid
metaldude
d@v!d
eatbugs
MegaNorm64
Peter who was Vaak
Driven
nairtoons
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who remembers life before microwaves?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Ah, the memories of TV before this thing we call the remote control.  Cooking your food without a microwave.  Rotary-dial telephones.  Yes, I'm a fossil.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who remembers life before microwaves?

Post by nairtoons Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Ah, the memories of TV before this thing we call the remote control.  Cooking your food without a microwave.  Rotary-dial telephones.  Yes, I'm a fossil.  Razz

I know the feeling. I remember putting aluminum foil on the tv antenna. There was only 3 stations vhf 2 more if you tuned in UHF. TV went off at midnight with the National Anthem. There was no vcrs when you took pictures the film was used for the whole year Birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Relatives and Vacations. You might of only got 1or2 pics of you and your birthday cake. Telephone party lines where you shared a phone line. I'd live it all over again.

Also does any one remember the presto hot dogger?  We had one turkey franks smelt horrible.
Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 <a href=Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Presto10" />
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Rabbit ears FTW!

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:11 am

Banquet Cooking Bags

Over white bread......!!!!! Oh Man!!  I still talk about this.....but, no one listens....

About that Hot-Dog Cooker....

My roommate, in college, had a knock-of brand.  It'd cook a mess of dogs in just a few minutes...........Let it go, and, things got messy!!

Last edited by L8T on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 am

BearDad wrote:Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 History-of-tv-dinner-1
Those are fun when you put them in the microwave... Twisted Evil
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:14 am

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:59 am

Sam Taylor, producer!

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:52 pm

ParaNormaN wrote:
I wasn't even planned yet...

You were planned ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stepcousin Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:18 pm

I remember our first microwave back in the early 80's, it mustof weighed about 80 pounds and had a big ol' dial about the size of a baseball.

I remember making popcorn in a pan with oil before the microwave came along. what a mess, but it was good. Thank God for microwaves!

stepcousin
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Pan popped corn is way better than the microwave stuff.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Xid wrote:Pan popped corn is way better than the microwave stuff.

Yes it is.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:35 pm

There was life before microwaves? Shocked
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky2112 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Ah, the memories of TV before this thing we call the remote control.  Cooking your food without a microwave.  Rotary-dial telephones.  Yes, I'm a fossil.  Razz
me too Laughing
Ricky2112
Ricky2112
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:56 pm

We were poor white trailer trash and got a microwave around '83 before I started high school.

I remember rarely using it.  After I got married (1988), i learned to appreciate the concept of nuking food.

I remember rotary dial phones and all of the handsets were corded.  I remember the humongous VCR that we originally got that could record 2 shows over a two week period.  I remember when cassettes were scene as high tech.  I remember 8-tracks.  I remember Pong on my Radio Shack game system before the original Atari came out.  I remember when the Atari was king!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:41 am

alldatndensum wrote:We were poor white trailer trash and got a microwave around '83 before I started high school.

I remember rarely using it.  After I got married (1988), i learned to appreciate the concept of nuking food.

I remember rotary dial phones and all of the handsets were corded.  I remember the humongous VCR that we originally got that could record 2 shows over a two week period.  I remember when cassettes were scene as high tech.  I remember 8-tracks.  I remember Pong on my Radio Shack game system before the original Atari came out.  I remember when the Atari was king!

My brother still has his original Pong game and it still works (so does his Intellevision). We had a VCR that opened on TOP. There wasn't a slot to drop it in, you opened the top and put the tape in. It wasn't this one but looked a lot like it:

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Sanyo_4400_2_Beta_VCR_web

This was our EXACT first Microwave, when eveyone else was still using a dial we were high tech and it had a digital screen. I want to say this was 1982. I remember our pastor coming over to the house just to see it and he was amazed at the digital display. I have no idea what my parents paid for it back then.

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 59603344

The thing was a tank and I kept it well into my marriage, probably still had it into the 2000's. It didn't quit, we just got a new one. I don't even think you can get the "wood" looking ones anymore.

And speaking of Atari, at Christmas we normally got ONE game for Christmas. Prices on games have not really changed. In the early 80's they were around 30-40 bucks and are still priced around that range.

Got this one year and it was the only game I got that year:

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Demon_Attack_box_art

Who remembers life before microwaves? - Page 2 Demonattack
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:59 pm

I remember when my dad brought home the first microwave (Amana) in the early 70's. We should not have been able to afford it...he had connections pirat
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2