The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus is born!

+3
Athanasius
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
7 posters

Go down

Jesus is born! Empty Jesus is born!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:05 am

Today is the day (though it doesn't matter which) we have chosen to recognize His day of birth. Last night we watched The Nativity Story and I cried when the character of Mary told the shepherd, "He is for all of humanity." Praise the Lord!

We can fall into a trap of keeping Him in the manger. When we keep Him as a baby in our minds, He is not our leader. He is someone to be adored and thankful for. He is not our teacher, He is our object of worship only. This is a dangerous path for we are to not only worship Him but get to know Him!

Some people keep Him as a man, a teacher, a philosopher, a healer, a son and disciple of God. When this happens, we can learn great things! CEOs write books about His leadership styles, cults and other religions write books about His earthly teachings, and humanists focus solely on His humanitarianism. And among all these things, there is some truth here and there. Though each of us is human and imperfect in our understanding of all His teachings and doings, we do glean much truth from His earthly ministry.

Some people keep Him on the cross. The King of the Jews, the Savior of the world, the God in human flesh who died so that we could escape the wrath of God because our sin and wickedness. Surely, this is a high (and equally low) point in His ministry. Since we are such vile wretches, such worms among men, such violators of His will, such despicable traitors, such lowly perverts, we needed, desperately, someone to take our place before the almighty, most Holy God, and only Jesus could do that. We are not worthy to even polish Heaven's door, much less enter in and dwell with the Holy God of light and love. And so they keep him on the cross and put it on their church walls and have pictures/statues of Him on the cross in their homes and on gold chains on their neck.

Some people keep Him in the tomb. And certainly, there are victories won by our Lord here as well. It is here where He descending lower than men, lower than angels, and stole the keys to death, Hell and the grave. Surely it is amazing that He preached to the captives of the afterlife, the residents of Abraham's Bosom, those who are waiting for their resurrection one day!

But, my dear friends, my brothers and sisters, HE IS RISEN!!! His work is fulfilled in this act! If we stop Him before this point, then His ministry is incomplete and ineffective. All those teachings and miracles and even His death on the cross are incomplete without the resurrection. He was born to die and rise again! This resurrection, according to the Apostle Paul is the foundation of our faith. It is why we too will rise one day (I Corinthians 15).

So, I challenge you to not keep him in the manger, as a man, or on the cross, but as your risen Lord. He was born, to die, to live again!

Back to top Go down

Jesus is born! Empty Re: Jesus is born!

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:29 am

AMEN!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:43 am

In my studies...I have found that December 25 was the time Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

The conception of the Holy Spirit is very important.

So while you are celebrating and thinking about baby Jesus being born, think also about how Mary became pregnant with Him.

Merry Christmas!  santa

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:19 am

Jesus was born (doesn't matter which day of the year) to save us from our sins and offer us salvation.
Today is Christmas in the Western Hemisphere. The day we generally recognize as the birth of our Savior.
The reason for the season is Jesus being born to save US from our sins.
WE are the reason for the season.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Very well said, Adam.  Merry Christmas to everyone here.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Amen!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:15 pm

I saw that movie for the first time today, and there were a few moments I shed a tear.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:14 am

Adam wrote:....
So, I challenge you to not keep him in the manger, as a man, or on the cross, but as your risen Lord. He was born, to die, to live again!
Happy Easter!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:33 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Jesus was born (doesn't matter which day of the year) to save us from our sins and offer us salvation.
Today is Christmas in the Western Hemisphere. The day we generally recognize as the birth of our Savior.
The reason for the season is Jesus being born to save US from our sins.
WE are the reason for the season.
cheers
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down