The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled

+8
alldatndensum
TZ75
crucifyd
Pethead
mothy
Black Rider
Dustofyears
Constantine
12 posters

Go down

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled I_vote_lcap79% Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled I_vote_rcap 79% 
[ 11 ]
 Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled I_vote_lcap21% Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled Empty Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled

Post by Constantine Thu May 04, 2023 11:50 am

Which album do you prefer?

The "Socially Unacceptable" E.P. came out in 1993 and was mostly traditional thrash metal.

The self-titled album came out in 1996 and retained some thrash elements but also marked a move into groove metal and grunge.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled Empty Re: Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled

Post by Dustofyears Thu May 04, 2023 11:57 am

Wow had completely forgotten about them. From what I remember I liked them way back when. Need to check them out again.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled Empty Re: Jesus Freaks "Socially Unacceptable" VS. Jesus Freaks self-titled

Post by Black Rider Thu May 04, 2023 12:19 pm

Socially Unacceptable was so good and I was disappointed in the self titled. I saw them in concert and they bagged on the first album saying it wasn't who they were which was a bummer.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu May 04, 2023 2:37 pm

Never had heard the S/T album until recently and its wasnt as bad as I heard it was, it was good for what they wanted it to be (other than the production apparently). Love Socially Unacceptable though. With taht said Im not voting because I love both now.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 04, 2023 3:27 pm

Have never heard the s/t, but I do enjoy the debut. Not voting, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu May 04, 2023 4:54 pm

easily the debut...
but then my middle name is "thrasher" Cool
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu May 04, 2023 7:05 pm

The EP was more crossover thrash. I like that better!

Nothing against the s/t album. It’s good, but the production is muddy. I hear they are trying to remix it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 04, 2023 10:07 pm

Gotta go with the self-titled.  I am not a thrash fan but do dig some groove metal.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu May 04, 2023 11:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Gotta go with the self-titled.  I am not a thrash fan but do dig some groove metal.
I actually like the self-titled, but do prefer the debut.

Next time though I will allow the multiple choice voting, because I see that some are not willing to pick one or the other.   
I thought this would be an easier choice since the 2 albums are different.
Tried to amend the poll structure but apparently it can't be changed once there are any responses.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri May 05, 2023 12:30 am

I like groove metal and thrash. You can like both at the same time!

Pantera and Overkill mixed them together.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri May 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Socially Unacceptable
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sat May 13, 2023 2:16 am

I have both releases. I prefer the self-titled album.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat May 13, 2023 2:20 am

PlaceOfASkull wrote:I have both releases. I prefer the self-titled album.

I’m not surprised. It’s more sludgy and groove oriented. Much closer to what a fan of Place of Skulls would like.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:58 pm

I love the S/T but haven't gotten a chance to properly listen to SU. I might buy it on CD (it's on vinyl(which I prefer) but it's $40 for 6 songs). Once I've given both a proper listen I'll come back and vote.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:43 am

I got a proper listen from the CD and it's not even close, Socially Unacceptable is better for sure. It's better than half of KEA imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 am

alldatndensum wrote:Gotta go with the self-titled.  I am not a thrash fan but do dig some groove metal.

Yeah I'm not a huge thrash fan either. More of a death and doom and gothic sort of guy.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:57 pm

Killdozer Metal!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down