The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable

+3
Constantine
TZ75
Christian Thrash Rules
7 posters

Go down

Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable   Empty Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 pm

Does anyone know where I can find JF - SU EP? I like the S/T album and have heard good things about the EP and want to try it.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable   Empty Re: Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:34 pm

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable   Empty Re: Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:37 pm

TZ75 wrote:Here it is!

It’s the limited edition remaster. 

https://roxxrecords.com/products/jesus-freaks-socially-unacceptable-cd-500-units
Thanks! I've heard good things and like the album so I should enjoy this. I've heard it's a little different from the album though?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:06 pm

The E.P. came out 1st, then the S/T.  Different guitar players on both.  
The E.P. is more classic thrash (Bay Area style) than the S/T.   
I like the E.P. better, but the S/T has it's moments although the song-writing leans more toward more mid-paced, down-tuned songs.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:34 pm

Constantine wrote:The E.P. came out 1st, then the S/T.  Different guitar players on both.  
The E.P. is more classic thrash (Bay Area style) than the S/T.   
I like the E.P. better, but the S/T has it's moments although the song-writing leans more toward more mid-paced, down-tuned songs.

The s/t sounds groovy like Godfear.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:01 am

https://roxxrecords.com/products/jesus-freaks-socially-unacceptable-cd-500-units
In your opinion, is it worth it? It's $16 on CD and $40 on vinyl, it's only 6 songs.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:53 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:

In your opinion, is it worth it? It's $16 on CD and $40 on vinyl, it's only 6 songs.

Yeah!

If you like thrash, you’ll probably enjoy it. 

Plus it’s limited to only 500 copies. Who knows if it will be released again.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:10 am

It’s wild to me that vinyl seems to be becoming popular again. I grew up in the CD era, my parents have a record player but even when I was little it was considered a relic of the past, to play my dad’s old records. Now even CD’s are somewhat outdated, given that digital downloads and streaming exist. Is the comeback of vinyl due to nostalgia, or is there actually better quality in the sound? I know when I have heard my dad’s records, there’s always a slight bit of “static” that isn’t there with other formats
(Somewhat off topic but seeing how expensive the vinyl of this album is made me think of this)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:58 am

seth wrote:It’s wild to me that vinyl seems to be becoming popular again. I grew up in the CD era, my parents have a record player but even when I was little it was considered a relic of the past, to play my dad’s old records. Now even CD’s are somewhat outdated, given that digital downloads and streaming exist. Is the comeback of vinyl due to nostalgia, or is there actually better quality in the sound? I know when I have heard my dad’s records, there’s always a slight bit of “static” that isn’t there with other formats
(Somewhat off topic but seeing how expensive the vinyl of this album is made me think of this)
It's partially just for nostalgia and vinyls are good for displaying. Also when I'm listening to music in my room it feels better to use vinyl sometimes. I don't have as many cd's because I don't have an actual cd player. I have a game console that plays cd's but thats it.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:25 pm

seth wrote:It’s wild to me that vinyl seems to be becoming popular again. I grew up in the CD era, my parents have a record player but even when I was little it was considered a relic of the past, to play my dad’s old records. Now even CD’s are somewhat outdated, given that digital downloads and streaming exist. Is the comeback of vinyl due to nostalgia, or is there actually better quality in the sound? I know when I have heard my dad’s records, there’s always a slight bit of “static” that isn’t there with other formats

I might invest in a record player just to have the ability to play some vinyl. I really don’t have the room for a vinyl collection… but a few of my favorite albums here and there could be cool to have. 

I’m Gen X, so I actually started with cassettes. But for the last 30 plus years I’ve been buying CDs. And It’s still my favorite format.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:07 pm

It just arrived... HOLY COW! This is the greatest Christian Thrash I've ever heard. I would put it right up there with the first four Metallica albums. It is amazing. I really wish they kept going with this sound....
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:It just arrived... HOLY COW! This is the greatest Christian Thrash I've ever heard. I would put it right up there with the first four Metallica albums. It is amazing. I really wish they kept going with this sound....

It’s a very good EP, but it doesn’t compare to the best of Metallica. The guitar player was decent, but his rhythm playing is not in the same ballpark as Hetfield. Even Kirk’s classic solos are memorable (while I couldn’t even remember one from Zack Martinez). 

But out of all the Metallica inspired Christian bands (aside from Deliverance), Jesus Freaks were the best.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:32 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:It just arrived... HOLY COW! This is the greatest Christian Thrash I've ever heard. I would put it right up there with the first four Metallica albums. It is amazing. I really wish they kept going with this sound....

It’s a very good EP, but it doesn’t compare to the best of Metallica. The guitar player was decent, but his rhythm playing is not in the same ballpark as Hetfield. Even Kirk’s classic solos are memorable (while I couldn’t even remember one from Zack Martinez). 

But out of all the Metallica inspired Christian bands, Jesus Freaks were the best.
Unless we’re counting D’s first couple. 

Jesus Freaks is leagues ahead of Eternal Decision, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:37 pm

I saw them in concert and truthfully, they were pretty bad, couldn't hardly play the songs and were distancing themselves from it as they were getting ready for the next album. It was disappointing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

But out of all the Metallica inspired Christian bands, Jesus Freaks were the best.

Jesus Freaks is leagues ahead of Eternal Decision, though.

Yeah! That was the inferior band I was trying to think of… JF are way better than them!

As far as D, they are musical peers of Metallica. Jimmy is arguably even better than Het sometimes. Jimmy would be the perfect stand-in for Het if he ever needed to recover from another injury. 

Nothing against former Metal Church guitarist John Marshall… but Jimmy destroys him on rhythm guitar.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:41 am

TZ75 wrote:

But out of all the Metallica inspired Christian bands (aside from Deliverance), Jesus Freaks were the best.
No one's rhythm playing will ever match Papa Het. Also maybe not the first FOUR Metallica albums but definitely the first two. And I prefer this EP to most of Deliverance's stuff. But yeah the solos aren't as memorable which most Christian metal bands aren't for some reason (this includes, D, TQT, Believer, Morty, heck even some Theocracy etc.)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 am

Believer's solos are awesome. Seventh Angels solos are unique in tone and are cool too. Quite a piercing sound.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down