The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan

+5
MikeInFla
Blake
XenonLion
eatbugs
*static*
9 posters

Go down

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan Empty Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 am

[img]Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan ATRwCZR[/img]

No, the greatest gift is Jesus. The salvation He provides us from the wrath of God is of a worth immeasurable.

When Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, thats when things started to go downhill.

Back to top Go down

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan Empty Re: Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan

Post by *static* Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

Time to play the devil's advocate (heh).

The US is not a theocracy, so the government can't put one religion above another. Like it or not, if they allow Christian displays but not displays from other religions, that's discrimination.
*static*
*static*
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan Empty Re: Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 am

*static* wrote:Time to play the devil's advocate (heh).

The US is not a theocracy, so the government can't put one religion above another. Like it or not, if they allow Christian displays but not displays from other religions, that's discrimination.

Alot of these "displays from other religions" are nothing more than discrimination themselves.

And they are trying to disguise them as religion and free speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 pm

There's a little more to it than that.  There is a Nativity display next to it and to avoid the supposed "separation of church and state" issue it was both or neither.

That said, the Satanists/athiests/etc who pull stuff like this do it to act like little kids "If they get one than I want one too!"  They don't care about freedom of expression or religion.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 pm

That's interesting I guess. This is a country that will accept anything when it comes to religion it philosophy. Some countries would have it taken down.
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I think most of the people who push for satanic monuments and stuff are really just trolls

Same way that intolerance is just an excuse to attack Christians. And I'm pretty sure those "Coexist" bumper stickers are targeted at Christians too.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 pm

They have several in Florida.

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/12/22/satanic-display-goes-up-at-florida-capitol/

This one is there too. Beyond rediculous.

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan Screen-Shot-2013-12-18-at-1.28.42-PM
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 pm

And, they are trying to get these plates approved apparently.....

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan Fsm_florida_plate1
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Here's another one in Florida... The beer can holiday display

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan 3080721_G

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan 993822_10201981404669497_951588906_n
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:53 pm

*static* wrote:Time to play the devil's advocate (heh).

You would have to admit then that the US is not very consistent. The US has Christmas and Thanksgiving as national holidays that are recognize officially. Wheres the petitions to remove these days all together ? Or, have Muslim and Jewish ( etc ) holidays off ?

The truth is that maybe US was not founded with a State Church in mind ( in some states they tried it ), but it was founded on the principles of Christian theism. The secularists need to admit that, and then admit that they have a desire to move us a away from the State recognition of Gods hand in this world.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

From a Christian theist POV, these people hate God and simply desire to express that sentiment in what ever forum that will allow it.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:46 am

So they have essentially turned the Florida Capitol into a joke, a ground for griefing and anti-religion trolling
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:08 am

Wow, referring to the first image posted. It make what I saw last night at Christmas in the Park in San Jose. The was a tree wrapped with a big snake of similar color but with a 4 horned dragon head. It beat the homo pride tree I saw last year for ugliness.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:12 am

Adam wrote:No, the greatest gift is Jesus. The salvation He provides us from the wrath of God is of a worth immeasurable.

When Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, thats when things started to go downhill.
Right on bro!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 am

Haha, this kind of stuff is whatever to me. We don't live in a Christian world, we live in a world full of people of different religion, cultures and race. I respect that fact and think that all is fair when it comes to a certain religion or culture when trying to build a statue to represent themselves, like us Christians are so free to do and have been doing for a long long time now. We should stop acting like it's the end of the world when another party wants to have an equal opportunity to do the same.

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan But-thats-none-of-my2
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Apparently a woman was arrested for damaging the Florida satanic display:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/24/satanic-temple-holiday-display-damaged-at-florida-capitol-woman-in-custody/
She had to do it.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:47 pm

ParaNormaN wrote:Haha, this kind of stuff is whatever to me. We don't live in a Christian world, we live in a world full of people of different religion, cultures and race. I respect that fact and think that all is fair when it comes to a certain religion or culture when trying to build a statue to represent themselves, like us Christians are so free to do and have been doing for a long long time now. We should stop acting like it's the end of the world when another party wants to have an equal opportunity to do the same.

Satanic display on the capitol lawn in Michigan But-thats-none-of-my2
Good call Norm. The guys at BadChristian said the same in their blog at Halloween. This stuff is against what we believe as Christians but it takes absolutely zero power away from Jesus.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I was thinking about this situation, and it got me thinking that the satanic group really didn't have a valid reason for doing this. Christmas is national holiday, and Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ. So a nativity scene is completely appropriate to put out on Gov property. But what " satanic " holiday does the nation celebrate to justify their display at the same time of year, let alone any time of the year ?

I wish the secularists and pluralists would be more consistent and simply call for a stop of any federal recognition of religious holidays.

.....lets just all go to work and get paid regular pay.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down