The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which style

+5
sentient 6
alldatndensum
Tombie
Friday13th
Kerrick
9 posters

Go down

which style Empty which style

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:31 am

So if a new Christian band were to come onto the market with an older sound would you want glam (motley crue, whitecross, quiet riot) or NWOBHM (saxon, iron Maiden, Grim Reaper) ?
also what would you look for in the lyrics...(bold christianity, a certain theological view or christian world view)

Back to top Go down

which style Empty Re: which style

Post by Kerrick Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:45 am

Maiden, of course!  afro

As for lyrics, I love how most all of As A Dog Returns by Place Of Skulls is just straight from The Bible.  There's something to be said about simple, straight-forward, and biblical lyrics.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:48 am

Definitely NWOBHM over glam. Lyrically, I like biblically-based but with a variety of topics. When I hear Christian metal described as "bold" I usually get the gospel message awkwardly crammed into every track. Definitely no vague metaphors about generic relationships either Smile
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:16 am

hmmm, love em both and no old school thrash (Metallica, Megadeth) and I do Love Maiden, Love Ratt... I'll say glam just because and I think I have heard way too much watered down candy arse Christian music these days so let's go straight up gospel.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 am

I'll go with the Glam style for sure!

As for lyrics, I want the lyrics to be bolder.  However, I want them to be thought out so they don't come off as judgmental.  Preach the gospel but season it with a lot of love.

I don't mind, however, if there are a couple of tracks about in general.  I once did a song called "Life's Just Bad" that was a humorous take on several things that had happened to me or people around me at the time.  I made it seem like it all happened to me in the song.  It was just a song to show that sometimes everyone has a bad day.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  The rest of the album carried a strong gospel message.  The song was just meant to be a fun blues rocker.

I am also working on a Christmas song now called "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!" based on the movie "A Christmas Story".  It is also meant to be a fun song without the gospel present.  However, the rest of the songs I am brewing are mostly aiming the listener back to Jesus as the answer for everything.  That is what I want to hear from other artists as well.  Exercise your freedom in Christ, but be sure to point people back to Him.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:39 pm

...NWOBHM of course.

...I would like the lyrics to reflect a understanding of the Word of God. And I wouldn't mind songs inspired by the history of the Christian Church as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Glam or NWOBHM, I don't care...actually yes I do.  I want both!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:34 pm

We need more NWOBHM. Like Iron Maiden has touched on historical moments in their music, I'd like the band to focus on historical Christian moments, both the bad and the good. I wouldn't want the band to focus on ministry and prayer since pretty much every christian band does that and a lot of it just seems to bring down the bands potential IMO.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Either.  If NWOBHM, then I want something historical, dark, apocalyptic.  If glam, then I don't really care what lyric themes they do, I want attitude.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:27 am

Glam
id love some more Retro Bride, Barren Cross lyrical style
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight