The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best 2014 release!

+23
Drawnsword
metaldude
SpaceGuy
Zymologist
Parched Earth
Deepfriar
Hardcore Christian
lhversaw
cailen
Soundmass.com
Superjuice
Staybrite
Grindboy
My Awesome Timothy
Jessrox
Friday13th
Fundy
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
eatbugs
MadKraken
Candlemass
Kerrick
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best 2014 release! - Page 3 Empty Re: Best 2014 release!

Post by Drawnsword Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:14 pm

From what i have got i find all these are the best...

Zero+one - III
Veni Domine - Light
PŸLON - Homo Homini Lupus
Eulogium - In Hoc Signo Vinces
Teramaze - Esoteric Symbolism
A Hill To Die Upon - Holy Despair
Signum Regis - Exodus
Katumus - At the Ruins of This World
Elgibbor - The Path Of Suffering
Bloodwork- World Without End
Pantokrator - Incarnate
Hated - Comfort
Exalted Saviour // Forgotten Sorrow - Forbidden facts of solitude
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 pm

People keep saying Dalit but I can't find any evidence of a new Dalit album anywhere.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 am

Drawnsword wrote:Zero+one - III

Another good one!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

lhversaw wrote:People keep saying Dalit but I can't find any evidence of a new Dalit album anywhere.

http://soundmass.com/show_item.php?item=7318
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

lhversaw wrote:People keep saying Dalit but I can't find any evidence of a new Dalit album anywhere.

It's on their facebook.  Here's a promo clip:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:51 pm

You beat me to it! I was just about to post that video. The video although simple is a very elegant touch I think
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, so the new Harmony album gets my pick. Sounds like Kamelot and Seventh Wonder, maybe Fates Warning too.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:You beat me to it! I was just about to post that video. The video although simple is a very elegant touch I think

What a Face

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:11 am

Man.  After 27 years, this might be the year Christian metal died for me.  I can't say I enjoyed a single album this year by Christians.  Pantokrator and A Hill to Die Upon would have been the ones, but I was bored by them.

Pylon, Saint, and Letter 7 all would have knocked me off my feet in the 80s, but I just have a hard time listening to that sound now without feeling embarrassed.  Even if nobody is around.

Looking forward to that new Dalit album, though.  Maybe it will be my one and only contender to even get on a "best of" list.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thisundyingfire Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Man.  After 27 years, this might be the year Christian metal died for me.  I can't say I enjoyed a single album this year by Christians.  Pantokrator and A Hill to Die Upon would have been the ones, but I was bored by them.

Pylon, Saint, and Letter 7 all would have knocked me off my feet in the 80s, but I just have a hard time listening to that sound now without feeling embarrassed.  Even if nobody is around.

Looking forward to that new Dalit album, though.  Maybe it will be my one and only contender to even get on a "best of" list.

Could be because so many of the heavy-hitter Christian bands put out albums last year. I'd agree there's been very little that I got excited about in the Christian metal realm this year.
thisundyingfire
thisundyingfire
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:17 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:Man.  After 27 years, this might be the year Christian metal died for me.  I can't say I enjoyed a single album this year by Christians.  Pantokrator and A Hill to Die Upon would have been the ones, but I was bored by them.

You don't like the Pantokrator album???  Dang, I've been LOVING it, though I only got it recently.

I agree, Dalit is gonna be great.  I love their first album.  I'm hoping to hear more from their other project Cloth; that EP was fantastic.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:26 pm

It may have been a down year for Christian metal, at least depending on taste but it was an UP year for Christmas Christian metal with Metal Blessing Radio, Sanctus Gladius, and Solid State all putting out Christmas comps this year.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Best 2014 release! - Page 3 Gxproject14 Best 2014 release! - Page 3 Harmony14Best 2014 release! - Page 3 Empire2114Best 2014 release! - Page 3 Chaoticresemblance14

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:39 am

Kerrick wrote:

You don't like the Pantokrator album???  Dang, I've been LOVING it, though I only got it recently.

I gave the new Pantokrator another listen and I'd say that tracks 1, 3 and 4 are flat-out fantastic.  The rest of the album is more complex and varied and just not my thing.  Really quality stuff, but just not what floats my boat.  I also really love their earlier albums and was expecting more of the same, but this is quite different.  Regardless of the track, though, he's got one of the best death metal voices in the world.  Hands-down.  Menacing, full, dynamic -- he's a beast.  The album deserves a place in a best of 2014 list.

Super solid lyrics too -- poetic but clearly Christian and full of power and encouragement.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:12 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

I gave the new Pantokrator another listen and I'd say that tracks 1, 3 and 4 are flat-out fantastic.  The rest of the album is more complex and varied and just not my thing.  Really quality stuff, but just not what floats my boat.  I also really love their earlier albums and was expecting more of the same, but this is quite different.  Regardless of the track, though, he's got one of the best death metal voices in the world.  Hands-down.  Menacing, full, dynamic -- he's a beast.  The album deserves a place in a best of 2014 list.

Super solid lyrics too -- poetic but clearly Christian and full of power and encouragement.

Gotcha.  Indeed he's got a great death metal voice.  Millennium In Chains is definitely my favorite song on there but I really like Revolution and Icarus Burning too.  And yes, the lyrics are fantastic as well.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Nice Guy Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:22 pm

HAH!

I just took a moment to pick all this year releases from my collection, and I almost started to laugh (or cry, I don`t know...) I found only three cd`s, Demon Hunter, Michael Sweet and Timo Tolkki`s Avalon. And what can I say? DH rrrrocks, MS is very good too and TT....well, it just sucks! Tolkki`s first Avalon album from last year was thousand times better than this one, and not even only because mr. Rob Rock is not singing on it like in the first record. Even Rob could not save this one. Don`t ever buy it. It`s only a waste of money. (Rob, please make some new music soon....). 

But only three albums I have bought and that`s not much. I wonder, what have happened? Doesn`t bands make any music anymore (or is it only because of my taste?). Let´s hope next year brings a lot more options.
Mr. Nice Guy
Mr. Nice Guy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3