The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise the Lord!

4 posters

Go down

Praise the Lord! Empty Praise the Lord!

Post by Peter who was Vaak Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 pm

I went to a church retreat this weekend out in the forest in Payson. It was a great experience. A pastor from Texas came out and spoke very well. Let me rephrase that, he's the first person I've heard use the word "hype" as a description of someone and not immediately written off as an inane person. He was clear, he was funny, he was engaging, but he also spoke from experience with a real yearning to better understand God and lead others to him. It was an amazing experience.
One person, a mechanical engineering student, corrected him about the graph he drew(The pastor described it as, uh, not inversely related(I'm extremely tired so the word escapes me) and it was inverse). And I actually felt the Holy Spirit there in a real, tangible way. I felt the tingling, but also my very soul pulsated. It's hard to actually describe what that feels like without actually feeling it. It was amazing.
Also, in the cabin, there were some interesting conversations. How physics will effect Heaven and what impact that will have on what we do there. Also, we talked about what the offspring of Carmen Sandiego and Waldo of Where's Waldo? fame would look like. In case you're wondering, Waldo will take Carmen's name because he's liberal. Oh, and what a movie about Waldo would look like. Michael Bay would direct and there would be explosions everywhere with no real reason.
And I capped it all off last night by being baptized.  I had been previously, but that was back when I was younger and didn't realize the gravity of it.  I had to introduce myself before it in front of my entire church then it happened.  I couldn't stop crying.  Afterwards, people kept giving me hugs and high fives.  A friend was like "That was awesome!  Like, it was like if you were watching a movie and you're eating something, but the scene's so good, you gotta stop eating and pay attention." Laughing
This weekend was certainly amazing.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Praise the Lord! Empty Re: Praise the Lord!

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Awesome. Sometimes we need a time of refreshing in our faith.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Most excellent!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Please prepare yourself for when the dowhill ride becomes uphill. We must remember all that God has done. I read Lamentations 3 wow it was a good reminder. God is always God.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks a lot.

Also, something interesting.  When I expanded on my schizophrenia to a person at the camp, he asked if I had ever tried praying the demons out of me.  I said no, but I forgot that it had happened before.  He did it and, I kid you not, I could feel my legs being stripped.  It felt like they were being weakened and that something was being taken right off them.  It was unreal, unlike anything I had ever felt.  It was weird, but at the same time so good.  The problem persists, but not with the same frequency.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down