The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carman given 3-4 years to live

+17
messiaen77
alldatndensum
Gandalf the White
Through The Dark Radio
Candlemass
skeezix_dude
Staybrite
stepcousin
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
TheDarkShadowRising
Black Rider
sentient 6
guilty/forgiven
unworthy
oldschooldoom
bjorn agin
deathisgain
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Carman given 3-4 years to live Empty Carman given 3-4 years to live

Post by deathisgain Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:16 am

I haven't listened to him in a while, but just came across this on Facebook:

I have delayed writing this but those of you I call friends and supporters, who have prayed for me and this ministry need to know about this new battle that lies ahead. One week ago I was diagnosed with Myeloma Cancer. It is incurable and I've been given a 3-4 year window of time. Tomorrow I go in for my first bone biopsy and the process will start. I used to go to movies in the afternoon, now I go see doctors. I write these things for a few reasons. First, I want to put an end to all the rumors. Second, I ask for your prayers. And 3rd, I want you all to know that I will continue to minister and win souls until I can't do it any longer. My life has always been about ministry. I have a call of God to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what I will do until the Lord calls me home. Please, do not allow this facebook site to be an ongoing blog for cancer treatment remedy's. That would be depressing to everyone. If you have any insight you can message me personally. But I want to encourage you, if you can, to please come see me the next time I'm in your area. Bring someone who doesn't know the Lord or who needs to be healed. I will always pray for the sick and I'm also going to step up the intensity of my message at these events. I will not leave this world quietly and I want the devil to know that he put cancer on absolutely the wrong Italian. I have a few good years and before it's too late I want to see your faces, shake your hands and hug your necks. But mostly I want to see one of you get healed of what threatens your future and I really want to see someone you love come to Christ. Now lets get back to business, we have to work while its day for soon the night comes.
I love you all -C

I used to like a few of his songs that got a lot of play. I also liked the fact that he used to take a love offering at concerts instead of making people play. Love him or hate him, he was a big name in the music scene. I will be praying for him.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Carman given 3-4 years to live Empty Re: Carman given 3-4 years to live

Post by bjorn agin Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 am

Funny. He talks about praying for healing for the sick, yet by the tone of his message it sounds like he's taken the incurable diagnosis to heart and doesn't believe God can heal him.

I'm reminded of the work of healing God did in Steve Rowe. Certainly he can do the same in Carman. I'll be praying.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing this. I wouldn't have known otherwise. LOL, I was just thinking about him yesterday.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by unworthy Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

I grew up on his music and I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for him.
unworthy
unworthy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:41 am

Wow. The sad but inevitable course of life. Heartbreaking for us, scary for him, but ultimately a job well done - Glory will be a lot better than this present world.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 pm

bjorn agin wrote:Funny. He talks about praying for healing for the sick, yet by the tone of his message it sounds like he's taken the incurable diagnosis to heart and doesn't believe God can heal him.

Oh, i'm sure he " believes " God has the power to do. He probably just doesn't believe God is obligated to do it.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:45 am

sentient 6 wrote:
bjorn agin wrote:Funny. He talks about praying for healing for the sick, yet by the tone of his message it sounds like he's taken the incurable diagnosis to heart and doesn't believe God can heal him.

Oh, i'm sure he " believes " God has the power to do. He probably just doesn't believe God is obligated to do it.

Funny thing that. We read examples in the Gospels of people practically chasing down Jesus for healing. And then today we see people who believe it's not God's will to heal them. I'm not saying that's what Carman believes. Just making an observation about people in general.

You see this a lot with cancer. People act like it's too "big" for God to heal. Yet, we see Jesus restoring people who were blind, lame, deaf, mute etc. He can grow out limbs, grow new eyes, but he can't kill a bunch of malignant cells? Hmmm....

Okay, okay. Before I get run out of town by a lynch mob for being callous. I'm not trying to be. Let me preface what I said above. I totally understand there have been many who fully believed God could heal them, but it didn't happen. I completely understand that. The point I'm trying to get across is, don't sell yourself short by believing that God doesn't want to heal you.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Carman conversation...
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Remember, Jesus didn't heal everyone. We live in a fallen world under a curse and each of us will die. God can heal and does heal but he also has decreed that death, which is part of the fall, and all that goes with it is now man's lot. I never see people asking for prayer that they, what used to be called, suffer well.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkShadowRising Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

I never have liked his music. Still it is sad to hear he is sick.

He has done his share.. I hope light days and peace while he prepares himself to see his master.
TheDarkShadowRising
TheDarkShadowRising
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

I was never a real big fan growing up, but I was exposed to his music nonetheless (my sis really liked him and played him all the time round the house), so its sad nonetheless. Hopefully God will work the same miracle on him as he did Steve Rowe.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

bjorn agin wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Funny thing that. We read examples in the Gospels of people practically chasing down Jesus for healing. And then today we see people who believe it's not God's will to heal them. I'm not saying that's what Carman believes. Just making an observation about people in general.

You see this a lot with cancer. People act like it's too "big" for God to heal. Yet, we see Jesus restoring people who were blind, lame, deaf, mute etc. He can grow out limbs, grow new eyes, but he can't kill a bunch of malignant cells? Hmmm....

Okay, okay. Before I get run out of town by a lynch mob for being callous. I'm not trying to be. Let me preface what I said above. I totally understand there have been many who fully believed God could heal them, but it didn't happen. I completely understand that. The point I'm trying to get across is, don't sell yourself short by believing that God doesn't want to heal you.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Carman conversation...

" Thy will be done.....on earth as it is in Heaven. "

Its sad that certain movements within Church history have done so much to cause confusion on the nature and purpose of miracles in scripture.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stepcousin Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

unworthy wrote:I grew up on his music and I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for him.
+1

stepcousin
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkShadowRising Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 am

sentient 6 wrote:
Its sad that certain movements within Church history have done so much to cause confusion on the nature and purpose of miracles in scripture.

Do we agree on something Shocked

I feel it sad that so many christian movements seem to live by miracles. Like there has to be healings in every single meeting and if there is not happening healing then the faith is week or something. Jesus underlined his divinity and His purpose by miracles. They were proof of Him being the Son of God. The gift of healing does not belong to everyone.. there are also other gifts.

God is not a healing automatic. If healing happens it happens only by God. Some teachers are acting like they are the healers and are going on around the world promising there will be healings on their meetings.

This has turned me away from many teachers and preachers.

TheDarkShadowRising
TheDarkShadowRising
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 pm

How old is Carmen?
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Amen Darkshadowrising.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezix_dude Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 am

wow, really sad to hear this.... I always found his early stuff very powerful... I will be praying for him..... "Spirit Filled Pizza" and "Lazarus" were always my favorites....
skeezix_dude
skeezix_dude
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 am

Staybrite wrote:How old is Carmen?

Something like 452...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am

bjorn agin wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Funny thing is, we read in the epistles that Paul preyed three times for his "thorn in the flesh" to be removed, and it was not. We also read where Paul told Timothy to take some wine for his stomach, instead of asking God to heal him. The real funny thing is, some people actually think the kind of miracles and healings that took place in the gospels and in the acts of the Apostles are the norm for the entirety of Church history, and this false idea has led to the despair of many! Twisted Evil
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am

fragile wrote:
Staybrite wrote:How old is Carmen?

Something like 452...

He's 57 . . . close enough Wink
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

fragile wrote:
bjorn agin wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Funny thing is, we read in the epistles that Paul preyed three times for his "thorn in the flesh" to be removed, and it was not. We also read where Paul told Timothy to take some wine for his stomach, instead of asking God to heal him. The real funny thing is, some people actually think the kind of miracles and healings that took place in the gospels and in the acts of the Apostles are the norm for the entirety of Church history, and this false idea has led to the despair of many! Twisted Evil

But just to flip it a little, why wouldn't miracles happen now? Isn't God the same yesterday, today and forever? SOrry but I just don't buy cessasionist theory.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

I gave no such theory, just don't believe they are the norm now, nor were they before the time of Christ.
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't think God can't or doesn't do miracles but many seem to demand them from God. God was ushering in a new thing, the changing of the law to a system of grace under Jesus and to show this we see him pointing to Himself with miracles. It was like: look at what Jesus and the apostles are doing through the power of God, now listen to the message. Jesus even chastised people for wanting to see signs and have their bellies filled but not listening. And lest we forget, the early church was grown through fire, persecution that we can barely imagine and yet we see them glorifying God on the way to the grave.
Miracles are awesome but do not assure that people will follow God. A quick read of Exodus shows us this. As Jesus said to Thomas: you believe because you see, blessed are those who believe and do not see.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm

threadkiller wrote:But just to flip it a little, why wouldn't miracles happen now? Isn't God the same yesterday, today and forever? SOrry but I just don't buy cessasionist theory.

They can, if its God will and its according to His plan and purpose. I believe the main purpose of the miracles of the Prophets and Apostles were for a " sign " that God was with them. Of course, there was a secondary ( a very loving and grace filled one ) practical purpose as well.

Ephesians 2:19-21

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

Great " signs " were more necessary at the start of the Church because the " foundation " was not laid yet. Our faith is built on the person and work of Christ, and the works of the Apostles, and the main witness of the Holy Spirit comes through the scriptures. They are not just words on a page, but the Spirit-filled Word of God.

Plus, you just don't see those kinds of miracles anymore. You just don't. When you see someone supposedly doing " healings " its always someone with horrible theology scamming the Body.

God is the same, but does that mean He is parting seas and lakes now ? When scripture says God doesn't change, that context is referring to His attributes - His nature.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Callmethebreeze wrote:I don't think God can't or doesn't do miracles but many seem to demand them from God. God was ushering in a new thing, the changing of the law to a system of grace under Jesus and to show this we see him pointing to Himself with miracles. It was like: look at what Jesus and the apostles are doing through the power of God, now listen to the message. Jesus even chastised people for wanting to see signs and have their bellies filled but not listening. And lest we forget, the early church was grown through fire, persecution that we can barely imagine and yet we see them glorifying God on the way to the grave.
Miracles are awesome but do not assure that people will follow God. A quick read of Exodus shows us this. As Jesus said to Thomas: you believe because you see, blessed are those who believe and do not see.

Carman given 3-4 years to live 631737971
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 pm

...I always thought the bigger miracle happened everytime a wretched, selfish heart turns and serves the One True God.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next