The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal)

+5
SirJahzeal
FishingD
Ashes13
Kerrick
earthday
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal) Empty The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal)

Post by earthday Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 am

Hi all,

Here's a new release (as of Jan 2013), Hour is at Hand by The Autumn League. Not sure which genre title is most appropriate, it's atmospheric black death metal type stuff.

Concept of Irony EP due out April/May.

Cheers!

Last edited by earthday on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal) Empty Re: The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal)

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Dude, I'm really digging this! Can you tell us more about your band? Is your EP available to purchase (or will it be soon)? Thanks for sharing!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal) Empty Re: The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal)

Post by earthday Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. The Autumn League is based in Sydney Australia. That track (Hour is at Hand) was written in late 2012, and mixed in Jan, i.e. it's brand spanking new. I'm just testing the waters re exposure and sending it off to a few forums.

We don't have a back catalogue, but are working on it - second track will be released in around 4 weeks. We'll probably combine those two (along with another one or two) into an EP. Difficult to state a release date at this point, at a rough guess maybe April/May.

Again, thanks for your interest!

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Very cool! Definitely keep us posted! You're posting in a Christian forum; is the band "Christian" would you say?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Absolutely.

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashes13 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Sounds great, atmospheric and such! Any news on an upcoming song/release?

Cheers,

J.
Ashes13
Ashes13
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks man...

We're getting closer to the release date. The thrid track is now due for mixing/mastering - still on track for a late April/early May release!

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Sweet man, looking forward to it! Thanks for the update; definitely continue to keep us posted!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by FishingD Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Dude!!!! I Love it!!!
FishingD
FishingD
Admin
Admin

http://www.metalpulseradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 am

I love what I am hearing here! I am looking forward to hearing more from The Autumn League!

SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks gents... appreciate the comments. Not long to go now...

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by unworthy Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:18 pm

lyrics?
unworthy
unworthy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Good question, brief but good... Well, the first words are 'Black ice...' - we'll release them along with the EP.

In summary, the lyrics to the above are biographical (not auto bio). 3 friends were involved in a motor vehicle accident... outcome was 1 physical fatality, 1 spiritual fatality - so to speak, (and the third person was fine, held steadfast). In the wake of the accident, grief and recklessness took over for one of them... backslid etc. The 2 survivours had parted ways, after years they are reunited... the one who sought comfort in Christ amid the turmoil comes back to minister to the empty one. A lyric toward the end of the track is '...the peace you crave has come your way' referring not to the friend who has returned, but to the troubled one repenting and accepting Christ into his heart.

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashes13 Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Do/did know you these people? Music always is a great way to express such stories and feelings.

All the best for your band, hope things went as prosperous as you wanted it to.
Ashes13
Ashes13
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks Ashes... no I don't know them personally. I thought it was a compelling story with a range of emotions and circumstances... the message is one of holding fast to Christ amid the trials and tribulations - we all face storms in one way, shape or form, but leaning on our own understanding or trusting in the flesh is ultimately and exercise in futility.

Anyway, thanks for your words of encouragement.

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashes13 Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes, everyone's story is unique and everyone experiences trials on its on way. And all of them can testify of the grace of Christ, whether it is our own story or not. I wouldn't have known about this if you didn't tell us.

Do you know the band Vulpecula? They are not christian but I listened to them in my (exclusively) secular days and your music reminded me of them which I thought was a nice surprise =).
Ashes13
Ashes13
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

Hi all,

Here's a sampler from the upcoming 'Concept of Irony' EP.

The Autumn League - Concept of Irony (Sampler)

Definitely keep in mind that it's unmixed, so a rough cut only. We still have studio work to do. You guys have been great, your support is appreciated, so I figured you deserved a preview - we haven't released anything along these lines anywhere else, so this is an exclusive to CMR(!)

In terms of release proper, likely to be mid May. It'll be 4 tracks.

Hope you enjoy.

UPDATE:

Sorry guys, decided to take it down... about to head into the studio again, and figure it's best to let loose the finished product - I'll release a sampler when it's all done.

Sorry again.

Last edited by earthday on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashes13 Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks for the update! It is a bit hard to really taste the atmosphere, but definitely sounds promising and something to keep an eye on.
Ashes13
Ashes13
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey Ashes, sorry for the delayed response... I hadn't heard of Vulpecula... had a quick listen. I guess we all have our influences and will hear traces of those in new stuff from time-to-time. If you were into Vulpecula, and our music reminds you of them, then great!

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashes13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Any word about the release? Listened 'Hour is at Hand' again today. It is really good.
Ashes13
Ashes13
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 am

Thanks for checking in... We've decided to do a 10 or 11 track album (rather than EP).  6 tracks are ready to go... we're in the writing phase with the others.  Unfortunately that means the release date has pushed back to later in the year, perhaps Oct/Nov.

Thanks for your interest and positive feedback

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am

Sweet!  Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to the album!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

The Autumn League (Atmospheric / Black / Death Metal) Empty Second Preview Track, Homeward from the upcoming Concept of Irony Album

Post by earthday Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi all,

Here's a second preview track, Homeward from the upcoming Concept of Irony album.  

As a word of caution for those expecting an all out metal assault, well... as you'll hear, it's a very different falvor to The Hour is at Hand... we've retained the pounding beats and guitars, loads of atmosphere, but the metal growls take a break on this one... among other things, they didn't work with the story and direction we wanted to take the track.  (Worth noting though that they feature heavily on other recorded tracks.)

In terms of the song inspiration - it's life... life and times

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 pm

DUDE.  Dude.  Wow.  I absolutely love it.  I was already stoked for your upcoming album but now I've passed that...  I just cannot wait.  Thanks for keeping us posted and please continue to do so!!!  How's the album progressing?  Any idea of a release date yet?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by earthday Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 am

Hey Kerrick, thanks man... appreciate the feedback

Album is progressing well - thanks to all for your patience and enthusiasm. We originally announced an EP, and if we stuck with that plan it'd it be out by now.  Turned out though that we had enough material to do a full length, so that's the plan.

In terms of what to expect, it'll be a mixtured of the big ambient stuff like Homeward, and all out metal similar to The Hour is at Hand.

We've finished recording 6 tracks, the others are part-way there.  Aiming for a late 2013 release.

Thanks again

earthday
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next