The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof?

+2
Constantine
TopJosh (Josh L.)
6 posters

Go down

What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof? Empty What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof?

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:05 pm

Hi guys. Have any of you guys heard of a band called, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof? I'll provide links to that band. Anyways, I would like to know what you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof. Thank you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloven_Hoof_(band)
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cloven_Hoof/780

Last edited by TopJosh (Josh L.) on Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof? Empty Re: What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof?

Post by Constantine Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:28 pm

Sure, they were a cult band back in the 80's.   Not quite popular but musically respected.
The only albums I heard from them were Cloven Hoof, Dominator, and A Sultan's Ransom.  
All were good, solid NWOBHM albums.  A Sultan's Ransom was a collector's item for a while when it was out of print.  
It is considered their best from that era.

I have not heard their later (2005 and above) albums.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof? Empty Re: What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof?

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:45 am

"A Sultan's Ransom" is a great underrated gem of USPM.

It would've been interesting if Russ North had gotten the Maiden singer gig that he auditioned for.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:07 am

I think if ASR had come out early 80s it would've gotten more traction.
Harry Conklin is on the newest one that came out recently so it sounds a lot like Jag Panzer but it's worth checking out.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:27 am

Temple of Blood wrote:"A Sultan's Ransom" is a great underrated gem of USPM.
That album might have been USPM if they were from the US, but they're from the UK.  They're originally part of the NWOBHM.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:42 am

Cloven Hoof sounds great. My kinda metal.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:58 am

Constantine wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:"A Sultan's Ransom" is a great underrated gem of USPM.
That album might have been USPM if they were from the US, but they're from the UK.  They're originally part of the NWOBHM.

But the music sounds like USPM.  It's a musical style.

Kinda like how we're from the south but don't play "Southern Metal".

That album sounds nothing like NWOBHM.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:07 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

But the music sounds like USPM.  It's a musical style.

What do you guys think of the band, Cloven Hoof? Any Christians here that likes the band, Cloven Hoof? 1f446 
This.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:54 am

Well, USPM was heavily influenced by the NWOBHM.  Same with thrash.  I personally would not refer to a UK album as USPM but if the UK album is stylistically similar I can see why someone might want to.   However, if someone asked me for a "Top 10 list of USPM albums," I personally would not put a non-US album on there, also because I'd want to give more props to US bands.  I have always felt that USPM got overlooked and underappreciated back in the day.   Especially after Euro "happy" PM came along, then it was like "who?  what?" when it came to US PM bands.

And it's a free country, so they tell me....First Amendment and all....so we're entitled to differing opinions.  
Although I am iffy about this free speech thing since YouTube censors me every single day because I speak the truth and they don't like it.  

But I digress....

But in keeping with the spirit of the thread, yes Cloven Hoof is a musically good band and ASR is a very good heavy metal album. 

If I have time I'll check out one or more of their later albums.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down