The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD

+11
seth
Ammocas
MagnusPrime
Luke Easter
Superjuice
BaleMaster
Constantine
strangerhoncho
bodachi
TZ75
GACatmandu
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD Empty Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD

Post by GACatmandu Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:49 pm

The Galactic Cowboys are raising money through Kickstater for a new CD/LP release. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/galacticcowboys/galactic-cowboys-a-new-mission?ref=thanks-copy

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD Empty Re: Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD

Post by TZ75 Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:21 pm

I had told Monty they should do this a while back! 

I’m glad they are interested in doing another album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD Empty Re: Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD

Post by bodachi Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:02 pm

I just listened to some of there stuff over yonder on the youtube, sounds pretty grungy to me 
I never gave them a chance before because I think the band name is...ridiculous, but it fits the grunge pastiche 
What do y'all call their stuff? I sure wouldn't call it metal
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:23 am

bodachi wrote:I just listened to some of there stuff over yonder on the youtube, sounds pretty grungy to me 
I never gave them a chance before because I think the band name is...ridiculous, but it fits the grunge pastiche 

You must have been listening to the later stuff… the first three albums are heavy and thrash influenced.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:51 am

It's prog groove metal with harmonies like King's X.  First 3 albums are the best.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:55 am

I wonder why they need $70,000 o record an album though?   That seems like a lot to me.

Isn't a lot of recording done on software now?   Maybe some indie musicians / artists here can chime in and explain this to me, as I've yet to be involved with any significant recording project.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:05 pm

I was contemplating supporting this, but this is one seriously onerous Kickstarter campaign.  No tier between the $110 and $200? Dang.  Not all of us are millionaires.  Think I'll just wait until the album is released and (Lord willing) pick up the CD and vinyl.  Too rich for my blood.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:57 pm

bodachi wrote:I just listened to some of there stuff over yonder on the youtube, sounds pretty grungy to me
The Cowboys are one of the greatest bands of the 90's.  Listen to Machine Fish and Space In Your Face stuff for your metal fix hybrid with harmony vocals.  They only might sound like grunge is on The Horse That Bud Bought, which is not very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAE96si6EE0
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:45 pm

Monty explained on his podcast the reason for the $70k. 

They are renting a studio and need to pay the engineer and producer. They need to pay for lodging and other assorted things that a record label would have paid for. 

They are no longer using record labels because they are a big let down on many levels. The last label was a joke! They got zero promotion and basically forgotten immediately. 

This kickstarter is a gift from the band to the fans. They don’t need to do it, but they know the fans have been asking consistently for years for them to make more music. And if you know how kickstarter works… they either reach the set goal, or they get nothing. They can simply retire. They’re not going to sell a bunch of albums and get rich. It’s for the fans. And it’s all a matter of how bad do they want a new quality record. 

It’s not gonna be recorded in a bedroom on a Mac computer. LOL

There is also four guys in GC. It’s not something like Ted K’s Tourniquet with just him and Aaron doing the majority of everything themselves. 

I am a big fan of GC and I really enjoyed their last comeback album. I gave them $50. I get the digital album when it’s finished, and a physical CD. I kicked in an extra $3 for some GC guitar picks. 

I gotta say I was disappointed there wasn’t an option for just a CD and a shirt… but I don’t think I would go up to $100 to get it either. So I’m fine with just helping out with the amount I gave.

Overall, it’s not so bad… I once paid an absurd $30 for the first Martyrs Shrine album. It was basically a polished demo with their autographs. Plus the insane cost Australian shipping. 

Once in a while I do things like this! LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:43 pm

Constantine wrote:I wonder why they need $70,000 o record an album though?   That seems like a lot to me.

Isn't a lot of recording done on software now?   Maybe some indie musicians / artists here can chime in and explain this to me, as I've yet to be involved with any significant recording project.

You get what you pay for, and making an album isn't an inexpensive endeavor. And recording digitally vs. to tape really has nothing to do with it. Studio time costs money. Paying an engineer and/or producer costs money. Mixing costs money. Mastering costs money. Artwork, photos, and layouts cost money. Manufacturing costs money. Are you starting to see the pattern?

You can make an album for a lot less money, yes; but that doesn't mean that that's possible for everyone. Home setups are more affordable than in the past, but a home setup can't always meet the requirements of a full blown album project, especially one as sonically challenging/demanding as a proggy, thrash record. 

It's always amusing to me when people question/challenge bands' budget goals for crowdfunding campaigns. Then again, it's also a bit insulting as well, in my opinion.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:07 pm

Luke Easter wrote:

It's always amusing to me when people question/challenge bands' budget goals for crowdfunding campaigns. Then again, it's also a bit insulting as well, in my opinion.
I asked a few simple, honest questions.  I asked for someone who knows more than I do to explain a few things because I was being honest by saying I did not know the answer.  It was a simple case of lack of knowledge and a desire to learn more.  

Nowhere in my tone can it be construed that I intended to be insulting. The fact that you are insulting me now for asking questions seems over the top to me, but we all have our trigger issues so I get it.  But thanks for at least giving some sort of explanation before that.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:12 pm

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD Star-trek-star-trek-tos
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:34 pm

Galactic Cowboys? ✅
New album? ✅
Kickstarter?  ✅
Heck yeah…I’m in! ✅

Price a little steep? ✅ 
( No biggie, I’ll skip a few meals) ✅

Last edited by Ammocas on Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:37 pm

Well you see, some people call them the Galactic Cowboys, but some people call them Maurice
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:45 pm

Constantine wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:

I asked a few simple, honest questions.  I asked for someone who knows more than I do to explain a few things because I was being honest by saying I did not know the answer.  It was a simple case of lack of knowledge and a desire to learn more.  

Nowhere in my tone can it be construed that I intended to be insulting. The fact that you are insulting me now for asking questions seems over the top to me, but we all have our trigger issues so I get it.  But thanks for at least giving some sort of explanation before that.

I did not insult you. I expressed a general opinion. I find it inappropriate when anyone questions anyone else's budgetary concerns without having been asked. But like you said, we all have our trigger issues, so I guess I hit one of yours. It wasn't intended.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:56 pm

Luke Easter wrote:

I did not insult you. I expressed a general opinion. I find it inappropriate when anyone questions anyone else's budgetary concerns without having been asked. But like you said, we all have our trigger issues, so I guess I hit one of yours. It wasn't intended.
So now you are trying to gaslight me as well.  Sorry but the trigger was your own - you just admitted it now when you said  I find it inappropriate when anyone questions anyone else's budgetary concerns without having been asked."
What an arrogant response.   And no, I don't need your permission to ask a question.  I asked a perfectly reasonable general question and asked for input.  I do not apologize for that.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:58 pm

The saying “there’s no such thing as a stupid question” comes to mind
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:08 pm

Constantine wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:

So now you are trying to gaslight me as well.  Sorry but the trigger was your own - you just admitted it now when you said  I find it inappropriate when anyone questions anyone else's budgetary concerns without having been asked."
What an arrogant response.   And no, I don't need your permission to ask a question.  I asked a perfectly reasonable general question and asked for input.  I do not apologize for that.

Dude. I doubled down on what I'd already said in my post. Something not meant in any way to be insulting. At all. Which you took offense at. Which you're being increasingly aggro about. But somehow I'm gaslighting you? Wow....
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:12 pm

Kerrick, I am requesting that you consider locking this thread at this point.  

This has gotten completely out of hand and is doing no one any good.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:50 pm

Oy.  We'll keep it open for now, but please get back to the topic at hand.  If you two want to discuss any more, please do so over private message.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:44 pm

And not to stir this pot further, but is GC still considered a Christian band?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:50 pm

Nope.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:25 pm

Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd3z4ltpz41zmnkvh0lfb2o9k6ckn1d13gq8pkk9p0q&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Galactic Cowboys-Kickstarter for New CD 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd370skby08evuanz8fsjn4zv2jaoskdad66dttafx2&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:42 pm

Man with the budget they are going for, I wish they would use my favorite producer/engineer: Terry Date!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:18 am

Black Rider wrote:Nope.

Does this need to be moved to the appropriate forum then?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next