The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts On Each Megadeth Album

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts On Each Megadeth Album Empty Thoughts On Each Megadeth Album

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:57 pm

What is everyone's opinions on each Megadeth album?

Killing Is My Business(D Tier) - The lyrics ruin this album for me. 

Peace Sells(C Tier) - Same as Killing.

So Far, So Good... So What!(D Tier) - Same, again.

Rust In Peace(S Tier) - Some of the best lead guitar of all time. They fixed the lyrical issues on the previous albums.

Countdown To Extinction(A Tier) - This is where MD start trying to follow in Metallica's footsteps. It's a good album. The lyrics took a step back. Still not as bad as the first three though.

Youthanasia(S Tier) - This is what Countdown should've been. MD took the sound from CTE and refined it. I don't like the lyrics on Reckoning Day, but other than that it's great.

Cryptic Writings(B Tier) - It's a step down from Youth. Not much else to say.

Risk(Low B Tier) - Gets way too much hate imo. It doesn't sound like MD but it's really good for what it is. Breadline is actually a great song.

The World Needs A Hero(D Tier) - Thrash needed a hero at the time, this wasn't it. It's not good.

The System Has Failed(High B Tier) - This album is really good. Also the first MD album where Dave was saved.

United Abominations(S Tier) - The first five songs are absolutely amazing. I actually prefer this album's version of A Tout Le Monde.

Endgame(High B Tier) - Pretty good. A step back from UA, but not a huge step.

Thirteen(D Tier) - Not that good.

Super Collider(D Tier) - Same as Thirteen.

Dystopia(S Tier) - This album is freaking incredible. It might be my favorite album.(I do hate the F-bomb on Fatal Illusion though)

The Sick, The Dying... And The Dead!(High C Tier) - It's not that great. It's really carried by Kiko's solos.

I know having the first three albums that low is really controversial, but I just hate most of the lyrics.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On Each Megadeth Album Empty Re: Thoughts On Each Megadeth Album

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:36 pm

I agree with a lot of your thoughts. I’d have TSHF near the top. I too love UA. I don’t agree about Dystopia.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:18 pm

KiMBaBiG: Most of the lyrics are pretty stupid and the ones on Looking Down the Cross are straight-up bad, but the music overall is frantic and wild and I love it.
PSbWB: Musically a top-tier album, especially on songs like Devil's Island, The Conjuring, and Black Friday, but the lyrics here, especially on TC, are even worse than on the debut.
SFSGSW: The lyrics are much better here (depending on how much cussing bothers you), and overall it's a very underrated album. The riffs and rythms are top-tier. And In My Darkest Hour is their first 9/10 song.
RiP: I don't like Five Magics due to the lyrics. Other than that, this is their best album by far and in my top 4 of all time. Tornado of Souls is my favorite song from them.
CtE: Very overrated but still good. Fun album with good choruses, pretty good riffs, etc, however I don't even think it's in the top half of their albums.
Youthanasia: This one's underrated. The riffs and choruses are great, especially on Blood of Heroes and Train of Consequences. The chorus of The Killing Road might have Dave's best vocals, and I Thought I Knew it All is almost foreshadowing for what would happen to him later.
Cryptic Writings: Their second poppiest album but it's still really good. The choruses are very hooky and the riffs are good too. She-Wolf and Trust are incredible songs, and Almost Honest does the pop-metal thing rather well.
Risk: I know this one the least. It doesn't sound bad, but a little boring compared to the rest of their discography.
The World Needs a Hero: Pretty good album. Promises is a really pretty song and Dread and the Fugitive Mind and great.
The System Has Failed: Great album. Blackmail the Universe is one of their heaviest songs and I love the catchiness of The Scorpion. Also their second most Christian album.
United Abominations: Their most Christian album, and the Christian song, Never Walk Alone, has top-tier hooks. Washington is Next is also great, despite ripping off two older metal songs. One of their best albums.
Endgame: I don't know it too well, but it's a contender for their best and thrashiest of the 2000's.
Thirteen: A little weaker but still underrated. Deadly Nightshade has a great riff, the title track has great lyrics, and the Black Swan is one of my favorite MD songs, especially due to the chorus.
Super Collider: Pretty mid for metal. Kingmaker is a great song, but it wouldn't stand out on on of their other albums. The rest of the album is just decent.
Dystopia: Honestly a little overrated, but I do love the political lyrics, and the album sounds great. Still really good and should have settled and fears the last two gave that MD was beginning a fall-off.
TSTDaTD: Underrated imo. Every song shreds, most of the choruses are really good, and the lyrics are great all through. Dogs of Chernobyl is one of their best songs.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:44 pm

So, for Risk I recommend listening to Breadline, Crush 'Em, and Insomnia. I wouldn't go into it thinking "how does this compare to other Megadeth" but, "how does this compare to other stuff in this style". Overall, I prefer it over Load and ReLoad (Risk is basically MD's version of L and RL)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:54 pm

You could probably get a real good album if you combined the strongest songs on 13 and Super Collider.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:55 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:So, for Risk I recommend listening to Breadline, Crush 'Em, and Insomnia. I wouldn't go into it thinking "how does this compare to other Megadeth" but, "how does this compare to other stuff in this style". Overall, I prefer it over Load and ReLoad (Risk is basically MD's version of L and RL)
I forgot that I do like Breadline. Overall I'm kind of saving alot of these I haven't heard for my full Deth listen through unless it comes on Pandora.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:58 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:So, for Risk I recommend listening to Breadline, Crush 'Em, and Insomnia. I wouldn't go into it thinking "how does this compare to other Megadeth" but, "how does this compare to other stuff in this style". Overall, I prefer it over Load and ReLoad (Risk is basically MD's version of L and RL)
I forgot that I do like Breadline. Overall I'm kind of saving alot of these I haven't heard for my full Deth listen through unless it comes on Pandora.
I was first convinced to check out Risk(specifically Breadline) when I saw Bradley Hall's video "I listened to every Megadeth album so you don't have to". I laughed so hard when he did the impression of Marty crying over not getting to play a solo on Breadline.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:02 pm

Bradley's just a funny guy
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:03 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Bradley's just a funny guy
He's great. I love his Bands In A Nutshell series.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:05 pm

Yep and what bands sound like to people who hate them.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:09 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Yep and what bands sound like to people who hate them.
Polyphia = Elevator music lol
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down