The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind?

+2
Kerrick
TopJosh (Josh L.)
6 posters

Go down

Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind? Empty Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind?

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:47 pm

Hi guys, I have a random question. Are there any Christians here who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind? What do you guys think of this band? I'm a guy who likes hard rock/heavy metal bands that has clean melodic vocals, including rapping (such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Mötley Crüe, Dream Theater, Deftones, Rage Against The Machine, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Symphony X, Zebrahead, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, DragonForce, Skindred, RED, etc....). Plus, I'm starting to like progressive metal and power metal because of the clean melodic version of hard rock/heavy metal. 

Anyways, here's a link to Metal Archives that shows the band called, Pagan's Mind.
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pagan%27s_Mind/3089

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind? Empty Re: Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind?

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:27 pm

I remember when their second album came out and it made quite a splash in the prog scene.  I never got into 'em myself, but I think they're generally pretty highly regarded.

Their lyrics seem pretty spiritual; does anyone know where they're coming from in that regard?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind? Empty Re: Any Christians who has heard of the band called, Pagan's Mind?

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:28 pm

Kerrick wrote:I remember when their second album came out and it made quite a splash in the prog scene.  I never got into 'em myself, but I think they're generally pretty highly regarded.

Their lyrics seem pretty spiritual; does anyone know where they're coming from in that regard?
They're from Norway.

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:20 pm

Sorry, I meant where they're coming from in the regard of beliefs/faith, since their lyrics appear to be somewhat spiritually themed.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:27 pm

Kerrick wrote:Sorry, I meant where they're coming from in the regard of beliefs/faith, since their lyrics appear to be somewhat spiritually themed.  Smile
You can look at it in the Metal Archives site here. I would like to know what you think. 

Last edited by TopJosh (Josh L.) on Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:44 pm

They're good at what they do and lyrically it's pretty generic new agey stuff.
Check out Shadow Gallery,, had Christian members and a lot of talent.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:34 pm

Yeah, it's super new age.  I have most of their stuff and they even have a song named after the new age book, Celestine Prophecy.  'Atomic Firelight' is one of the greatest metal songs ever recorded though.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:46 pm

Superjuice wrote:Yeah, it's super new age.  I have most of their stuff and they even have a song named after the new age book, Celestine Prophecy.  'Atomic Firelight' is one of the greatest metal songs ever recorded though.
So is it morally wrong for Christians to listen, like, and enjoy Pagan's Mind's music in general?

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:55 pm

TopJosh (Josh L.) wrote:
Superjuice wrote:Yeah, it's super new age.  I have most of their stuff and they even have a song named after the new age book, Celestine Prophecy.  'Atomic Firelight' is one of the greatest metal songs ever recorded though.
So is it morally wrong for Christians to listen, like, and enjoy Pagan's Mind's music in general?
That question (is it ok to listen to music that contains anti-Christian messaging) is a matter of much debate here it seems, sometimes heated. I tend to lean towards avoiding music with messages that glorify sin or promote spiritually dangerous beliefs.
I don’t personally know much about the band Pagan’s Mind, although I will say the band name is a bit on-the-nose, especially considering their alleged new-age lyrics
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:56 pm

I would for sure say if it bothers your conscience to listen to music like that, then it’s definitely best to avoid it
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:51 am

seth wrote:
TopJosh (Josh L.) wrote:
That question (is it ok to listen to music that contains anti-Christian messaging) is a matter of much debate here it seems, sometimes heated. I tend to lean towards avoiding music with messages that glorify sin or promote spiritually dangerous beliefs.
I don’t personally know much about the band Pagan’s Mind, although I will say the band name is a bit on-the-nose, especially considering their alleged new-age lyrics
Well, you can look it up in the Metal Archives site. 

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:52 am

seth wrote:I would for sure say if it bothers your conscience to listen to music like that, then it’s definitely best to avoid it
Actually, it's NOT my conscience that's bothering me. It's the convictions and conscience of other Christians that's bothering me.

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:10 pm

This question comes up all the time and a scripturally answer should just be stickied at the top of this forum.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:15 pm

TopJosh (Josh L.) wrote:
seth wrote:I would for sure say if it bothers your conscience to listen to music like that, then it’s definitely best to avoid it
Actually, it's NOT my conscience that's bothering me. It's the convictions and conscience of other Christians that's bothering me.

I think there may be a bit of a miscommunication here.  I don't believe anybody's trying to persuade you to not listen to Pagan's Mind or any other band over lyrical content here.  I asked the question about their lyrics per my own convictions: I, like Seth, try to avoid bands who are coming from perspectives in direct conflict with my Christian beliefs.  But if it's just that other folks *have* more stringent convictions than you that's bothering... well you're in for a rough go!

As TOB and Seth said, this question does come up quite often and best discussed in the Theology Realm.  TopJosh, feel free to create another thread about it where you can more clearly state your opinions.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:This question comes up all the time and a scripturally answer should just be stickied at the top of this forum.

Not a bad idea.  It always boggles my mind that folks on a Christian music forum take exception to others having convictions to listen primarily/solely to Christian music.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Kerrick wrote:
TopJosh (Josh L.) wrote:

I think there may be a bit of a miscommunication here.  I don't believe anybody's trying to persuade you to not listen to Pagan's Mind or any other band over lyrical content here.  I asked the question about their lyrics per my own convictions: I, like Seth, try to avoid bands who are coming from perspectives in direct conflict with my Christian beliefs.  But if it's just that other folks *have* more stringent convictions than you that's bothering... well you're in for a rough go!

As TOB and Seth said, this question does come up quite often and best discussed in the Theology Realm.  TopJosh, feel free to create another thread about it where you can more clearly state your opinions.
Ok, but I can't move this thread in the Theology Realm section. Is it ok if we could move this thread to the Theology Realm section?

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:26 pm

Let's just create a new thread please.  Folks can use this one to discuss Pagan's Mind as originally intended.

Tyrant
Tyrant

TopJosh (Josh L.) and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:53 pm

Kerrick wrote:Let's just create a new thread please.  Folks can use this one to discuss Pagan's Mind as originally intended.
Ok, here it is. 
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t15183-about-the-band-called-pagan-s-mind

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The Theology Realm is for discussing theology, faith, beliefs, etc.  I was suggesting you start a new thread in the Theology Realm to discuss whatever issues you have with fellow believers having differing personal convictions than you regarding what lyrical themes they find appropriate for themselves to listen to.  This thread is in the right spot to remain discussing the band Pagan's Mind.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:09 pm

Kerrick wrote:Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The Theology Realm is for discussing theology, faith, beliefs, etc.  I was suggesting you start a new thread in the Theology Realm to discuss whatever issues you have with fellow believers having differing personal convictions than you regarding what lyrical themes they find appropriate for themselves to listen to.  This thread is in the right spot to remain discussing the band Pagan's Mind.
Aw man, did I do something wrong when I made another thread regarding the discussion of the band, Pagan's Mind, in the Theology Realm section?

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:13 pm

Don't worry about it!  I don't understand what your issue is with folks having different convictions than yours over lyrics.  If you wanted to discuss that further, feel free to create a thread in the Theology Realm.  Otherwise, let's just leave this thread to discuss Pagan's Mind as originally intended.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJosh (Josh L.) Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:33 pm

Kerrick wrote:Don't worry about it!  I don't understand what your issue is with folks having different convictions than yours over lyrics.  If you wanted to discuss that further, feel free to create a thread in the Theology Realm.  Otherwise, let's just leave this thread to discuss Pagan's Mind as originally intended.
Oh ok. Well, the reason why I said that it's convictions & conscience of other Christians that's bothering me (NOT my own conscience that's bothering me), I get the impression and concern of like, conscience-binding. 

I'll give you examples of what I mean by conscience-binding. 

It’s when one or some Christians say like the following.
- “If it’s wrong and a sin for me (or us) to watch and enjoy X, Y, this, that, etc…., then it's wrong and a sin for all other Christians to watch and enjoy X, Y, this, that, etc…. because it has this, that, etc….” 

- “If listening, liking, and enjoying bands (such as Venom, Mötley Crüe, Slayer, Slipknot, Pagan’s Mind, etc….) is morally wrong and a sin for me, then it’s morally wrong and a sin for all other Christians to listen, like, and enjoy bands (such as Venom Slayer, Slipknot, Pagan’s Mind, etc….) because they contain these words, this, that, etc....”

- "These types of music & songs (by bands such as Venom, Mötley Crüe, Slayer, Slipknot, Pagan’s Mind, etc….) are all inherently evil because they contain these words, this, that, etc….”

- "Since I think that it's morally wrong for me to listen, like, and enjoy bands (such as Venom, Mötley Crüe, Slayer, Slipknot, Pagan's Mind, etc....) because they contain these words, this, that, etc...., therefore all of you Christians cannot listen nor enjoy those bands or else, you're sinning and you Christians will be lukewarm, apostates, carnal, worldly, fake, hypocritical, etc....!!"

- “If these things causes me (or us) to sin/backslide/stumble, then these things should also cause all other Christians to sin/backslide/stumble.” 

- “What I may find a stumbling block and/or a conviction for me (or us) should also be a stumbling block and a conviction for all other Christians.” 

It’s pretty similar to arguments like….
- “It may be wrong based on their own conscience for certain Christians to do certain things therefore all Christians must not do the thing.” 
- “Media X is bad for me & I cannot view it without it causing an issue with my walk with Christ, therefore all other Christians must avoid said media because it hurts me.”

So yeah, that's what conscience-binding is. What are your thoughts on conscience-binding?

Last edited by TopJosh (Josh L.) on Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

TopJosh (Josh L.)
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Gotcha.  I created a thread in the Theology Realm section for you to discuss this with anyone who so desires.  Smile
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t15185-christians-listening-to-anti-christian-music#289470

Let's keep this thread to Pagan's Mind please.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:37 pm

I think there was confusion to what a thread is, what a post is, and what a section is.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down