The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter

+8
Ammocas
strangerhoncho
Pethead
Dustofyears
Pro-Zak
rtz
alldatndensum
deathisgain
12 posters

Go down

Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter Empty Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:51 pm

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

BaleMaster and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter Empty Re: Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:26 pm

I am both excited and reluctant to support this.  I would love a new MATW record, but Randy always goes YEARS over his estimations for Kickstarters.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

deathisgain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter Empty Re: Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter

Post by rtz Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:43 pm

I agree, I supported the last Rose project, and it went on for years before it was completed.....I think I may sit this out and wait for the actual release....in 2028  Very Happy  Mad At the World - Love and Despair Kickstarter 1f62c

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:14 am

I wasn't all that thrilled with the last Rose album...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:08 am

Awesome! Mad at the World Back had no idea. They got some killer albums.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I am both excited and reluctant to support this.  I would love a new MATW record, but Randy always goes YEARS over his estimations for Kickstarters.

I thought their announced schedule of five months to get a CD was a little too eager. But they could already have the songs done, and maybe it's just polishing them.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:14 am

I’m tempted to back this one because those MatW rock albums are so dang good. But I’m not sure yet.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:37 am

I'd say go ahead and support.  It will get done WAY faster than the Masquerade.  Randy isn't dealing with the struggles he had during 2018-2022 (illness, death, family addiction, a PANDEMIC, no income).  All that is in the rear view, and he's been on a roll lately.  He already recorded another solo album for BEHOLD! Industries that will be released at some point, and he and Roger are recording the MATW album as we speak. 

I say support the Rose brothers.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:17 pm

I went ahead and backed this. I don’t feel like the Kickstarter campaign will linger on like Randy’s Masquerade album. Lord willing.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ccmrockman Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

deathisgain wrote:[see original post for Kickstarter link]

Looks like the second Mad At the World Kickstarter is about to get going.

One more reminder about this one.  Less than 24 hours to go, and still looks pretty chancy with ~24% still needed.  If you're still considering but haven't pledged yet, is now or never unless you want to set your phone/watch alarm for ~12:00 CST on Good Friday...for most Western catholic churches, that is.  If I could pledge more than $50 myself, I would be doing just this (checking last minute) to see if one of the remaining higher multi-hundred dollar pledge packages...besides the 5K co-sponsor option, of course...could maybe put it over the top in the last 5 minutes, but unfortunately my credit cards can't take that at this particular time, and KS does not permit Paypal pledges for pretty understandable reasons.

If anyone has not yet seen Randy's video "response" for pledge hesitation due to the extra long fulfillment of his last solo album that was alluded to in at least one previous comment, here's a link to the FB post:

[I would post the full link here, but I just registered and system says I can't post links for at least 7 days - the video can be found by going to Randy's personal FB page and searching for "time frame update" in quotes.]

I won't repeat here the long spiel I put all over FB - just hope they make it over the finish line as this is the Rose brothers' project that I've really been waiting for.

ccmrockman
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

strangerhoncho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Going to sit this one out.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 am

Looks like this one is gonna happen!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

I prefer Mad At The World to Rose overall. However, I'm not into the new wave style of the early material and didn't back that album.

This being the rock album, I'm interested. It is funded now anyway. I supported it because I'd buy it myself anyway and the cost will be the same either way. In supporting it, like any Kickstarter I expect a large delay. I'd love to take someone's word but the artists are relying on more than just themselves to get the product out. There are too many variables. They all come late. If it is here in the calendar year I will be amazed! I'm not usually a pessimist but with Kickstarters I am. I've waited years several times.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ccmrockman Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

Frozen Fire wrote:I prefer Mad At The World to Rose overall. However, I'm not into the new wave style of the early material and didn't back that album.

This being the rock album, I'm interested. It is funded now anyway. I supported it because I'd buy it myself anyway and the cost will be the same either way. In supporting it, like any Kickstarter I expect a large delay. I'd love to take someone's word but the artists are relying on more than just themselves to get the product out. There are too many variables. They all come late. If it is here in the calendar year I will be amazed! I'm not usually a pessimist but with Kickstarters I am. I've waited years several times.

Yes, I prefer MATW to Rose, too.  I've only liked MATW enough to put in my main collection.  And Kickstarter is always a roll of the dice, of course, especially albums that are not fully written yet.  I've been jilted on two Kickstarters...out of 23 completed campaigns so far, and this MATW one would be 24 if it funds.   On one of the two bad ones (a previous album reissue project), I never got all of what I pledged for, and the artist was selling extra copies online, so they obviously had some, but in effect refused to respond to my request for fulfillment when I had contacted them multiple times to say I had not received my pledged copy.  The other one was a hit and run where the artist never finished their end and appears to have slunk off with their loot after multiple years of no updates.  But nothing like that has ever been the case with a MATW or Rose KS that I've heard about...with the exception of the last Rose one that took 4 years instead of the usual ?2?.  He's probably going to have to lower his fundraising expectations for his next solo record.  And artists all know it would come back to bite them if they appear to intentionally screw over any of their KS pledgers, so those who are serious about leaving future crowdfunding options open will do whatever they reasonably can for customer satisfaction.

I'm hoping the new MATW songs are already mostly written...or perhaps they think they are almost finished being written at this point, enough to give them confidence they will complete their end on their anticipated time frame.  So long as they keep supporters updated on what's going on, usually minor delays in media preparation are not as discouraging to supporters as taking multiple month/years beyond the "expected" time frame to finish the artists' end writing, recording and finalizing of the album.

And one final reminder is that KS is not eBay, and the campaign is not technically "funded" until it's over without any major funders backing out unexpectedly.  That won't happen on this one for a few more hours from the posting of this note.

ccmrockman
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 pm

Wow.  They did something like $5000 in 24 hours.  I'm a last minute backer and I didn't think they would make it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

I have nothing to add other than to say that I also prefer MatW to Rose.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm

eatbugs wrote:Wow.  They did something like $5000 in 24 hours.  I'm a last minute backer and I didn't think they would make it.
Well, it was the one "producer but not a producer" backer for $5K that did it.  And I'm pretty sure that was them or someone they got to do that, to make it happen.  It's a way to ensure a campaign gets funded if it's not going to meet its goal.

I'm glad it's going to happen, though.  Should be good.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 pm

ccmrockman wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I prefer Mad At The World to Rose overall. However, I'm not into the new wave style of the early material and didn't back that album.

Yes, I prefer MATW to Rose, too.  I've only liked MATW enough to put in my main collection.  And Kickstarter is always a roll of the dice, of course, especially albums that are not fully written yet.  I've been jilted on two Kickstarters...out of 23 completed campaigns so far, and this MATW one would be 24 if it funds.   On one of the two bad ones (a previous album reissue project), I never got all of what I pledged for, and the artist was selling extra copies online, so they obviously had some, but in effect refused to respond to my request for fulfillment when I had contacted them multiple times to say I had not received my pledged copy.  The other one was a hit and run where the artist never finished their end and appears to have slunk off with their loot after multiple years of no updates.  But nothing like that has ever been the case with a MATW or Rose KS that I've heard about...with the exception of the last Rose one that took 4 years instead of the usual ?2?.  He's probably going to have to lower his fundraising expectations for his next solo record.  And artists all know it would come back to bite them if they appear to intentionally screw over any of their KS pledgers, so those who are serious about leaving future crowdfunding options open will do whatever they reasonably can for customer satisfaction.

I'm hoping the new MATW songs are already mostly written...or perhaps they think they are almost finished being written at this point, enough to give them confidence they will complete their end on their anticipated time frame.  So long as they keep supporters updated on what's going on, usually minor delays in media preparation are not as discouraging to supporters as taking multiple month/years beyond the "expected" time frame to finish the artists' end writing, recording and finalizing of the album.

And one final reminder is that KS is not eBay, and the campaign is not technically "funded" until it's over without any major funders backing out unexpectedly.  That won't happen on this one for a few more hours from the posting of this note.

Randy's next solo album is already done.  BEHOLD! Industries has the finished recordings.  The CDs and vinyl just need to get made.  They're just waiting for MATW to come out, so it's not competing, and also they want to put out some other albums by different bands before releasing it.  There might be a presale crowdfund at some point just to determine how many copies to make.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

ccmrockman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ccmrockman Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
eatbugs wrote:Wow.  They did something like $5000 in 24 hours.  I'm a last minute backer and I didn't think they would make it.
Well, it was the one "producer but not a producer" backer for $5K that did it.  And I'm pretty sure that was them or someone they got to do that, to make it happen.  It's a way to ensure a campaign gets funded if it's not going to meet its goal.

I'm glad it's going to happen, though.  Should be good.

Go Mr./Mrs. Executive Producer!  (I'd wild  guess it might have been Adel Meisenheimer given that the Frontline FB page was also pushing the campaign). Whatever it takes, I'll gladly applaud extra high pledges if it means a new album from them at the end of the day.

ccmrockman
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

strangerhoncho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 pm

I'm surprised.  I didn't think it was going to make it, but I had a feeling the Producer was an ace up the sleeve to get it over the hump if they could get it to the $15k mark. I'm thinking it might be the same person that helped with a large chuck of change to get Rose's last album out.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Staybrite, strangerhoncho and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:26 pm

deathisgain wrote:I'm surprised.  I didn't think it was going to make it, but I had a feeling the Producer was an ace up the sleeve to get it over the hump if they could get it to the $15k mark. I'm thinking it might be the same person that helped with a large chuck of change to get Rose's last album out.
No, different person.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

deathisgain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down