The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

+13
seth
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Drawnsword
zelote
Pethead
Guenther321
TZ75
L8T
Black Rider
Kerrick
P86ninja
KaramKaram
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk - Page 2 Empty Re: P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

Post by Black Rider Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:08 pm

They weren't black like inner African black but definitely not European white. I've read he may have looked somewhat Asiatic with good reasoning but we don't know definitely.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk - Page 2 Empty Re: P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

Post by TZ75 Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:They weren't black like inner African black but definitely not European white. I've read he may have looked somewhat Asiatic with good reasoning but we don't know definitely.

It’s one of those trivial things people are curious about (and argue over). 

We don’t know for sure, but common sense helps.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:17 am

I was disappointed in this song. I feel like they really didn't use her to her best abilities vocally.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:49 am

Jesus was "whitified" when the planet was colonized. Just the facts. Not wanting to argue. Jesus did not have beautiful long blonde hair and sky blue eyes lolz, unless you don't believe your own book!!! Christianity as we know it today was forced into the modern world and ingrained into our systems, such as legal systems and constitutions. Though now it is losing it's grip.

As for the song...well I never was a POD fan. BUt it's ok for what it is and the genre it fits.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:15 am

Its OK. I thought that with Tati coming on board the song would sound a little less POD-y and more Jinjer-y. But its clear its not. She adds a little bit to whats an otherwise by-the-book song.

But then again, I really like Jinjer. Imagine if the inverse happened... Sonny singing with them on a progressive metal song, hopefully injecting Christian lyrics in. That would be incredible.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Baylon Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:26 am

Kerrick wrote:I listened to the first bit but it is just not my style at all.  Is POD still a Christian band?  For some reason I thought I heard that they were not, but admittedly I don't keep very close tabs on them.
So I’m here to set the story straight the band is very Christian the name is literally payed on death P.O.D. In the song we are talking about afraid to die he says ever since my rebirth which if you know scripture that is clearly apart of the Christian faith. He just sneaks them in there to avoid being to religious as they are a mainstream band.

Baylon
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:00 am

Baylon wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I listened to the first bit but it is just not my style at all.  Is POD still a Christian band?  For some reason I thought I heard that they were not, but admittedly I don't keep very close tabs on them.
So I’m here to set the story straight the band is very Christian the name is literally payed on death P.O.D. In the song we are talking about afraid to die he says ever since my rebirth which if you know scripture that is clearly apart of the Christian faith. He just sneaks them in there to avoid being to religious as they are a mainstream band.

They're a "Christian" band...but have to "sneak"...avoid being too "religious"....because they are mainstream?
scratch

OK man  drunken
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2