The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

+13
seth
MagnusPrime
Constantine
Drawnsword
zelote
Pethead
Guenther321
TZ75
L8T
Black Rider
Kerrick
P86ninja
KaramKaram
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk Empty P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

Post by KaramKaram Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am

Last edited by KaramKaram on Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Drawnsword, P86ninja and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk Empty Re: P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

Post by P86ninja Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:52 pm

I'm digging it! Song is solid and the video makes it even better! Love the old school vibe!

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk Empty Re: P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:12 pm

I listened to the first bit but it is just not my style at all.  Is POD still a Christian band?  For some reason I thought I heard that they were not, but admittedly I don't keep very close tabs on them.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:55 pm

Kerrick wrote:I listened to the first bit but it is just not my style at all.  Is POD still a Christian band?  For some reason I thought I heard that they were not, but admittedly I don't keep very close tabs on them.

I'm pretty sure that they are even though many of their songs do not have blatantly Christian lyrics. Also, Sonny (the singer) is still very active in different types of ministry including The Whosoevers.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:01 pm

The band itself does not adhere to Christian beliefs, but its members individually follow the Christian faith; two different things. Nice article from 2020
https://hmmagazine.com/feature/sonny-sandoval-of-pod/
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:03 pm

Right on, thanks!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:30 pm

Are they still mixing Rasta beliefs in there? I never understood why they got a pass to use Jah and have pictures of Rasta Jesus in the mix.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:44 pm

Black Rider wrote:Are they still mixing Rasta beliefs in there? I never understood why they got a pass to use Jah and have pictures of Rasta Jesus in the mix.
To the best of my knowledge, they have abandoned their Rasta beliefs.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:57 pm

It sounds like P.O.D. to me, so, I like it.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:01 am

Not my favorite band, but I enjoy some of their tunes. Their albums “Brown” and Satellite are probably still the best (in my opinion).

I think the new song is good.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:07 am

I have only seen POD once in concert. They opened for Primus.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:50 pm

Black Rider wrote:Are they still mixing Rasta beliefs in there? I never understood why they got a pass to use Jah and have pictures of Rasta Jesus in the mix.
Depending on the translation you use, Psalms 68:4 has "Jah".  It's in the KJV.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:00 pm

Ja.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:38 pm

I like POD but don't like this song a lot; it is repetitive. Just my opinion.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:50 am

Guenther321 wrote:
Depending on the translation you use, Psalms 68:4 has "Jah".  It's in the KJ.
POD defended using it, saying Rastas believe in the same God as Christians which is categorically false. The KJV was most likely using this in poetic form.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:08 am

Black Rider wrote:
Guenther321 wrote:
Depending on the translation you use, Psalms 68:4 has "Jah".  It's in the KJ.
POD defended using it, saying Rastas believe in the same God as Christians which is categorically false. The KJV was most likely using this in poetic form.
I wouldn't call that a Rasta belief...to my knowledge they don't believe they worship the same God.  

Also, poetic or not, it is given as a name for God in the Chriatian Bible and predates the entire Rasta religion, so I see no issue with a Christian using it.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:18 am

Using Jah and having Rasta Jesus in your artwork is syncretism. Obviously Rastas don't believe they worship the same God but POD was defending mixing Rasta beliefs by saying they do. I'm not going to talk about this anymore but it's crazy how Christians will turn a blind eye to to this kind of thing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:03 am

Black Rider wrote:Using Jah and having Rasta Jesus in your artwork is syncretism. Obviously Rastas don't believe they worship the same God but POD was defending mixing Rasta beliefs by saying they do. I'm not going to talk about this anymore but it's crazy how Christians will turn a blind eye to to this kind of thing.
I agree with everything you said after "using Jah".  If it's in the Bible, Christians can use it no problem.  Other than that, there are a lot of discussions about what Jesus would have looked like historically.  Honestly I don't see Rasta Jesus as being any worse than White Medieval Jesus.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:14 am

Jesus and the true Israelites were / are black, and some grew there natural locks. The J was invented by some scribes its actually Yah (psalm 68;4) which is short for Yahua.
I've never seen any rasta beliefs with POD, they just speak a bit of the reggae lingo that's prevalent in the scene and culture there apart of.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:45 pm

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:20 pm

Must have missed this thread.  I like the "Drop" song a lot.

The new one is okay, but sounds like they're just using the song-writing blueprint from the Satellite" album.

I don't really consider them a "Christian band" though, I put them in the same category as U2 or Lenny Kravitz - i.e. there may be some degree of faith in the artist(s) but the song lyrics and image are all over the place.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Drawnsword wrote:Jesus and the true Israelites were / are black

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk 1f602
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Pethead, TZ75 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:14 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:

P.O.D. release video for new single "Afraid to Die" Jinjer vocalist Tatiana Shmayluk 1f602
I was wondering if someone was gonna comment on that...
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75, MagnusPrime and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:43 pm

Lol I thought about commenting but I have better things to do with my life than get in an argument about Jesus’s race
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:02 pm

Pethead wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

I was wondering if someone was gonna comment on that...

The majority of people from the Middle East have a similar look (olive skin to medium dark brown). 

Not European white, or African black. 

I would estimate that Jesus looked close to an Iraqi person. Of coarse I could be wrong… but most of the people alive today (in that region) probably look the same as people 2000 years ago.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next