The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll

5 posters

Go down

Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll Empty Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:08 pm

The debut album from Peter Espevoll's project Hrada was recently released.  The album is called Mirrorland and it is quite good.  Here is a link to my review. 
https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/2023/05/27/album-spotlight-mirrorland-by-hrada/
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll Empty Re: Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll

Post by mothy Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:23 pm

Musically sounds interesting but keep hearing his theology is getting really weird
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll Empty Re: Review Of The New Album By Hrada Featuring Former Extol Singer Peter Espevoll

Post by Guitar Noir Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:31 pm

mothy wrote:Musically sounds interesting but keep hearing his theology is getting really weird
There is a good chance if we asked all of our favorite artists about their theology we would most likely disagree with a great deal of it.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:43 pm

Guitar Noir wrote:

There is a good chance if we asked all of our favorite artists about their theology we would most likely disagree with a great deal of it.
Very true actually.  Some are Universalists, prosperity gospel, NAR, Woke, etc.
Others seem to have wandered away from the faith and who knows what they believe any more.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:14 pm

I get that but if they put things out there I don't agree with its really hard to get into the music
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Frozen Fire and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:00 am

Peter is the last member of Extol whose solo work would interest me, especially if he's not growling, barking, or shrilling.  This reminds me that Ole Borud threads probably deserve a bump.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by B Judson Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:09 pm

growling, barking, or shrilling

That's what I'm looking to stay away from! LoL!

I guess I'm an old skooL guy because I like to hear what the vocalist is saying and for songs to have some meaning!

I always wished a talented metal band with a really good singer would re-imagine some of Petra's albums and make them in to melodic metal albums.

Actually, doing covers of some of the older in your face Christian music from back in the day and making them into metal might be a great side project today's Christian musicians could collaborate on

You know, like some top guys get together and form a super group and have Rex Carrol do some lead guitar work!

B Judson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down