The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)

+6
Beckster13
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
Kerrick
10 posters

Go down

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) Empty Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:29 pm

Who else got Albus Mendacium yet?  What are your thoughts?  I'm not usually a big thrash guy but I'm definitely digging it!

https://ritualservant.bandcamp.com/album/albus-mendacium

Tyrant
Tyrant

PlaceOfASkull and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) Empty Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)

Post by Black Rider Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:56 pm

Only heard the early release songs but they were awesome.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album) Empty Re: Ritual Servant - Albus Mendacium (full-length album)

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:12 pm

It was released digitally on their Bandcamp page yesterday so you can hear the whole thing. Smile I pre-ordered the CD from them and got the full download. I've listened to it twice through so far; fans of the first album will certainly love this one too!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:24 pm

I'm happy to say that the unreleased tracks are sweet! Having heard 5 of the 8 before release it was also cool to hear that those songs stretched the band's sound. I really love 40 years. Great album to drive around with the windows down. Just in time for warm weather.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:13 pm

Just bought the digital. Having never heard the pre-released tracks, I have stayed spoiler-free.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:20 pm

I don't typically like thrash, but this is extremely well done.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckster13 Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:16 pm

Just ordered it!  Nice pre-order price.  Thanks for the heads up that the new album could be ordered!  

One of the best Christian metal bands out there right now.

Beckster13
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:52 pm

Lead vox reminiscent of Sacrament!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:23 am

This album SMOKES. Still maintains a lot of those Slayerish riffs from the last album, but I feel like there’s a bit more variety here. Easily an AotY contender.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:28 pm

I bought the downloads after hearing this. I wanted to like it.  Musically, it is great.  Lyrically, it is very strong.  The vocals, albeit, come off a near monotone and lost me.  I will give it another play soon, but the vocals ruined it for me.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sat May 06, 2023 9:36 am

Bought it yesterday during Bandcamp Friday and listened last night at the gym. The production difference between this and the single releases is amazing. Sound is much thicker, more crunch and a better mix. They really outdid themselves again.

My only gripe is I want another new album NOW!

Seriously this is a great release keep up the good work!

All the Glory to God.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 09, 2023 2:25 pm

Dang, I'm still digesting Albus Mendacium (and the CD isn't even released yet!) and I just heard that Ritual Servant has something NEW cooking - due this summer!  Keep your eyes peeled...   cyclops

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 09, 2023 4:07 pm

Kerrick wrote:Dang, I'm still digesting Albus Mendacium (and the CD isn't even released yet!) and I just heard that Ritual Servant has something NEW cooking - due this summer!  Keep your eyes peeled...   cyclops

Well I did tell them to start working on the next one and have it ready soon so.......... Very Happy
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 09, 2023 4:10 pm

Well in that case, would you mind telling Theocracy to hurry up and release their album already too?  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, eatbugs and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 09, 2023 4:12 pm

Kerrick wrote:Well in that case, would you mind telling Theocracy to hurry up and release their album already too?  Very Happy
Im on it! Cool
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat May 13, 2023 3:26 pm

I'm listening to this album now - much better than I expected.
I didn't care for the 1st song, but the rest of the album is a real barn-stormer.  
Very strong material, production, everything.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed May 17, 2023 9:15 pm

I'm loving this album! Every song is fantastic. Similar style to the first but really enjoy what Ryan added to this with his lead work. He is on fire! I like that Seth does a lot of little things to make the drumming unique. He is obviously not cut out of a strict metal mold and it shows in special ways. I love the forceful vocal delivery and the endless supply of killer riffs has continued.

My only issue is, because the album was recorded bit by bit, the songs have a somewhat inconsistent sound. Two Masters definitely has a different drum sound than other tracks on the album. It is fine but I have to adjust levels when I listen. I wish it were perfectly consistent start to finish. Not really a complaint but a minor quib.

Not sure if I like it better than the debut but it is at least on the same high level.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:52 pm

I listened to it for the first time a few days ago and have been loving it. The best produced Christian Thrash album I've ever heard.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down