The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024]

+14
BaleMaster
Fundy
Constantine
oldschooldoom
Temple of Blood
TZ75
zelote
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Kerrick
Pethead
eatbugs
Black Rider
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024]

Post by Black Rider Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:45 am

I thought Eternals was their peak, Terium was bloated, not bad but could be pared down. I know it's a concept album but it starts to lose me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Fundy and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024]

Post by Pethead Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 am

I like both Eternals and Terium about equally.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Fundy and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:04 am

Lex Metalis wrote:Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024] - Page 2 Img_2024

Now, with the cover art...

First single here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:08 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE: JAGGED DOCTRINE
DATE: JUNE 15, 2023

Roxx Records is ready to bring you another brand new Christian metal project this year as we are very excited to welcome JAGGED DOCTRINE to the label.

Jagged Doctrine started years ago with roots in Industrial Metal via Rod Middleton's shredding guitar work combined with Gary Baker's electronic wizardry. From their onset, the dynamic duo had ongoing success including (but not limited to) licensing tracks to MTV for use, being spotlighted on Rolling Stone Magazine's website, and composing a soundtrack for a book series by New York Times best selling author Ted Dekker.

Now they have returned after a 9 year hiatus with what may be their most complex and best collaborative songs to date - boasting the voice and well-known screams of Dove Award winning singer Dale Thompson of the band BRIDE. Along with a very special guest appearance from Sydney Rentz of the band Morella's Forest, who lends her vocals on the track ‘Liquid Sky.’ Their debut album ‘Eve Of Destruction’ is sure to be pleasing to the ears of any music seeker yearning for a harder style, excellent writing, heavy guitars, cutting- edge musicality, and professional production! 

Roxx is very excited to deliver this album to you, full release date details are forthcoming. Today we unveil the beautiful new album cover design and launch the first single. The debut single entitled ‘Breathe Your Name’ arrives at all your favorite digital and streaming platforms today. Be sure to pick it up as we prepare to bring you the debut album from… JAGGED DOCTRINE

Dale Thompson started a new band/project or release a new album/single this month? [Update 08/05/2024] - Page 2 Fb_img18
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am

I listened to this track on You Tube and it sounds like almost every other track from a Dale project.  Do these different projects actually sell?   I find it hard to believe since many of them sound so similar.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Is Jagged Doctrine in reference to Dale's?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:14 pm

LOL I thought the same thing...  The name is quite ironic, given his reputation.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:37 pm

I am going to wait on this one.  I just don't need 20 albums a year from.Dale.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider, Lex Metalis, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:29 pm

Yeah, 15 is enough.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Lex Metalis, Andreas89, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:Is Jagged Doctrine in reference to Dale's?

The project is older than his entrance, If I'm not wrong...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:43 pm

JD has been around since Ted Dekker became a household name, around 20 years ago...they performed the soundtrack to Ted's Red, White, and Black Trilogy.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:59 am

I don't mind how many albums Dale is on.  If he enjoys it, and people like buying it, that's good enough for me.  If there's stuff I don't like, then I just don't buy it.  Of the Dale projects that are available, I buy Bride, Dale's solo stuff, and The Thomas Thompson Earth Project.  I'd buy Brydesdale if that ever got an album, and maybe The Reconciled.

I like the fact that Dale wants to be so involved in the christian music scene.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

oldschooldoom, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:29 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:51 pm

To be honest, I didn't care for the Jagged Doctrine track.  I am thinking that I will skip this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:47 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:49 am

^ I like the music and Dale's voice in this one ^
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

JaggedDoctrine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:03 am

Black Rider wrote:Yeah, 15 is enough.

Just be glad he's not on Frontiers records, they'd stick him in a bunch of their "supergroups" (though I really liked that Black Swan album from last year).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:23 am

😆 and I agree on the Black Swan.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggedDoctrine Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:29 pm

Hey Guys..  Gary from Jagged Doctrine here.  
Just saw this post about our single and upcoming full album release on Roxx Records and thought I'd provide some info for those of you that might be interested.
I chose to release "Breathe Your Name" first because it sounded like the the most Dale'esque track on the album and I wanted to attract fans of his style.  
But, as an FYI..  all of these songs were written by Rod and I, including the melodies, and lyrics.  We had already recorded all the vocals too, but then sent them to Dale and had him sing them because he's just a better singer.  And he did do a great job on this release..  I'm very happy about it.
But for those wondering about his theologies and this project, again, we wrote all the songs.  I am the chief lyricist, and I wrote 9 of the 10 songs, with Rod writing the 10th.
Anyway, I hope you guys give the album a chance when it comes out.  
I am also one of those that hates when bands say their new album is always there best.  Most of the time, "best" is a subjective term for when someone most connected to a song or album.  Not usually the best technically, etc.   

Thanks to those above who knew old school Jagged Doctrine with references to our soundtrack to Ted Dekker's trilogy of books (Black, Red, White) and our Flaming Fish release (Absolution)
This is our 12th album, but our first since 2016.  (I had "retired" from music making at that point, and came out of retirement to make this release happen)  
It's also our least industrial.  It's mostly a metal/rock vibe with an occasional sparse cool industrial effect Wink

Hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it, either way, I hope that you at least give it a fair listen.
JaggedDoctrine
JaggedDoctrine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://jaggeddoctrine.com

oldschooldoom, Lex Metalis, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:52 pm

Will definitely check it out. Thanks for dropping by, Gary!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster and JaggedDoctrine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:39 pm

JaggedDoctrine wrote:Hey Guys..  Gary from Jagged Doctrine here.  
Just saw this post about our single and upcoming full album release on Roxx Records and thought I'd provide some info for those of you that might be interested.
I chose to release "Breathe Your Name" first because it sounded like the the most Dale'esque track on the album and I wanted to attract fans of his style.  
But, as an FYI..  all of these songs were written by Rod and I, including the melodies, and lyrics.  We had already recorded all the vocals too, but then sent them to Dale and had him sing them because he's just a better singer.  And he did do a great job on this release..  I'm very happy about it.
But for those wondering about his theologies and this project, again, we wrote all the songs.  I am the chief lyricist, and I wrote 9 of the 10 songs, with Rod writing the 10th.
I am also one of those that hates when bands say their new album is always there best.  Most of the time, "best" is a subjective term for when someone most connected to a song or album.  Not usually the best technically, etc.   

Thanks to those above who knew old school Jagged Doctrine with references to our soundtrack to Ted Dekker's trilogy of books (Black, Red, White) and our Flaming Fish release (Absolution)
This is our 12th album, but our first since 2016.  (I had "retired" from music making at that point, and came out of retirement to make this release happen)  
It's also our least industrial.  It's mostly a metal/rock vibe with an occasional sparse cool industrial effect Wink

Hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it, either way, I hope that you at least give it a fair listen.

Are your other albums available anywhere--even digitally?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

BaleMaster and JaggedDoctrine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggedDoctrine Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
JaggedDoctrine wrote:Hey Guys..  Gary from Jagged Doctrine here.  

Are your other albums available anywhere--even digitally?

We have a few on the streaming platforms.  Our most recent 4 are on Spotify, Youtube Music, Apple, etc..    They are "Electrocuted" (2014), "To Whom it May Concert" (2012), "The Stalker" (2011), & "The Circle Trilogy" (2004).  
If you go to jaggeddoctrine dot com that will redirect you to our bandcamp page.  (sorry, I am too new to the forums so it won't let me post an actual link.
I have put 2 of our mp3.com albums up on there.  (We did 4 albums from 2000-2003 on mp3.com)  
I haven't put the rest of our albums up there yet.  
Note.. our older stuff will sound a bit more industrial metal than our new album will.  Over the years, we've been all over the spectrum musically.  Mostly because we enjoy all music.  I even got us sidetracked while we were working on The Stalker album (which tells a story through the whole album) that we made an entire new wave album (never released under the name Jagged Doctrine )  lol
There are a few other items on the bandcamp page including a couple of Christmas songs, and I used to put up previews of the songs.. 
For example, the song "Eve of Destruction" was online for 7 years with Rod singing it before I took it down after getting Dale to do his vocal version of it.
JaggedDoctrine
JaggedDoctrine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://jaggeddoctrine.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:51 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:38 pm

There is just something not right with this track.  The mix sounds off and the vocals don't really go with they music.

I am a supporter of many of Dale's projects, but this just simply isn't good.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:49 am

NOTW album was released today
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next