The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album?

+2
Black Rider
Pethead
6 posters

Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album? Empty Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album?

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:54 am

Favorite: Rubber Soul

Least favorite: toss up between Beatles for Sale and Magical Mystery Tour (I’m not counting Yellow Submarine)
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album? Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album?

Post by Black Rider Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:22 am

I only have songs on a playlist, not a big fan.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album? Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Beatles Album?

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:04 pm

I bought Abbey Road because it is iconic. I like the song that was played in The Muppets Show
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:57 pm

Sounds like we have some people round these here parts who need some musical repentance.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Nah, I don't have much place for sixties music in my heart. Only exceptions I can think of at the moment are Frank Zappa, The Moody Blues and The Corries, a Scottish folk group who started back then.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:40 pm

I didn’t care for the Beatles for years, despite having a friend who’s an obsessive fanboy. But one day I took a chance and listened to all of Rubber Soul and it clicked. They still have songs and albums I don’t care much for, but I consider myself a Beatles fan.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:49 pm

I don't have all of their albums, but that is mostly because I don't care for their style prior to Rubber Soul (so I guess the pre-drug daze).

Favorite: Abbey Road (although Sgt Peppers and The White Album, come in a close second).

Least Favorite:  Hard to say but I found the Yellow Submarine soundtrack horrible (even excluding the orchestrated side B).  The Magical Mystery Tour is something of a disappointment as well.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:I don't have all of their albums, but that is mostly because I don't care for their style prior to Rubber Soul (so I guess the pre-drug daze).

Favorite: Abbey Road (although Sgt Peppers and The White Album, come in a close second).

Least Favorite:  Hard to say but I found the Yellow Submarine soundtrack horrible (even excluding the orchestrated side B).  The Magical Mystery Tour is something of a disappointment as well.
I really like those early records, but the stylistic shift is remarkable.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:31 pm

I could say Sgt Pepper is my favorite, I do like most of it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:25 pm

Pethead wrote:
Staybrite wrote:I don't have all of their albums, but that is mostly because I don't care for their style prior to Rubber Soul (so I guess the pre-drug daze).

I really like those early records, but the stylistic shift is remarkable.

Oh yeah, almost like a different band.  My mother-in-law loves that early 60's pop version of the band, and can't stand their later stuff.  I also find it amazing how much music they recorded in just 7 years.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:42 pm

In the past I've only had Abbey Road on vinyl, and compilations like the Red album (their old stuff from 1962-66) and the Blue album (their later stuff from 1967-70).   Those were all I thought I needed since their music was played often on radio back then.  

Of the 2 "eras," my favorite by far is the later material (1967-70).   It's more sophisticated and stylistically unique.  
I do like some of the early Beatles songs too, for their energy and vocal harmonies.

Interesting tidbit:  

The Red album was the very first album I ever bought.  I was in middle school and the kids in my class were really into the Beatles and I was trying to fit in and be cool.  This was before I developed my own musical tastes. 
But I did end up discovering many great bands from the kids at school back then, from Aerosmith, Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues to Robin Trower, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and others.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:48 pm

While I like a few of their more well known songs, I don't really care for The Beatles.  I have never owned an album of theirs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down