The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update)

+16
Snert I
Simon J.
deathisgain
Tobi Elektrik
Christian metal Horde
CrimsonWarrior
Black Rider
jusma
BaleMaster
Constantine
Fundy
Temple of Blood
Frozen Fire
Kerrick
Pethead
Andreas89
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update) Empty Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update)

Post by Andreas89 Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:12 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to make a separate topic of this for higher visibility. I'll also include the youtube video with the full album in case you people need more convincing Razz 

I'm not sure how it works for funders from the USA though; are the shipping costs included there as well? Don't know yet, but I asked.

Last edited by Andreas89 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Preorder campaign was cancelled)
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Pethead, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update) Empty Re: Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update)

Post by Pethead Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:16 pm

I bought it digitally a while ago, but I really hope this does well. It’s a fantastic album!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update) Empty Re: Preterist - CANCELED preorder campaign (update)

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:04 pm

Nice!  I saw this on FB.  I tried to pre-order but got a server error once I click on "view cart."  Anyone else getting that too?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Andreas89 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Same here, I just asked about it on facebook
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:42 pm

He fixed it.  Smile  The CD has been ordered!  And yup, the 20 EUR includes shipping to the US.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:37 am

I had ordered this but was refunded my order today. An explanation was sent through PayPal for why, at this time, there will be no physical release.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:16 pm

Here's the explanation video:

Andreas89
Andreas89

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:45 pm

I appreciate his honesty and that must be very disappointing for him.

It's very difficult to navigate today's music business, especially when most conventional wisdom is out of date and/or idiotic.

I hope he continues and succeeds despite these current setbacks.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick, Andreas89, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:37 pm

Dangit, that is very disappointing indeed!  Well since my pre-order got cancelled along with the others, I'll pony up and buy it digitally in the near future.  I just wish he had other options than Amazon and iTunes.  For anyone interested, here are links for purchasing/listening:

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/preterist/blood-moon-rising-2

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Oh, no.  I pre-ordered it.  It sounded awesome.  Sad
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Disappointing but makes sense.  He's right that without playing live and building a following, it is hard to move physical merchandise.

Too bad because it is a great album.  Far worse albums get released every day so it doesn't seem fair.
But this is the way the music industry goes, I've seen it play out this way for decades.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:14 pm

I hate that it’s not happening, but I encourage everyone to get it digitally. It’s fantastic and easily worth your money.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Fundy, Kerrick, CrimsonWarrior, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:14 pm

Kerrick wrote:Dangit, that is very disappointing indeed!  Well since my pre-order got cancelled along with the others, I'll pony up and buy it digitally in the near future.  I just wish he had other options than Amazon and iTunes.  For anyone interested, here are links for purchasing/listening:

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/preterist/blood-moon-rising-2
It's on YouTube Music also.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:39 am

I've got mine from amazon.  It's a brilliant album, for sure.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:49 am

Pethead wrote:I hate that it’s not happening, but I encourage everyone to get it digitally. It’s fantastic and easily worth your money.
I'm making an exception and will buy it digitally.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Frozen Fire, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:58 am

Sad news, but I understand it as I don’t buy CD’s anymore these days. Everything seems to be on Youtube for free. Can someone explain why is that? Seems like all bands are putting their stuff for free on Youtube. Does that really generate enough of income for the bands?

It’s also sad that it’s so hard for Martin Simson to put out his stuff. The two singles are good stuff imo, I packed for that project actually because I really wanted to hear rest of the songs (+ some new Rob Rock.)

Btw, in his video it’s seems on the background he is playing an unreleased Preterist song (half of it). Could someone handy mix it up 😬
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:16 am

jusma wrote:Sad news, but I understand it as I don’t buy CD’s anymore these days. Everything seems to be on Youtube for free. Can someone explain why is that? Seems like all bands are putting their stuff for free on Youtube. Does that really generate enough of income for the bands?

That's a great question.

Yes, it doesn't make sense for many people to buy music when the whole album is available on Spotify or YouTube.

Also, it's hard to ask people to pay for your album when many other albums in your genre are up completely for free somewhere, even if yours isn't.

When you release your album digitally for sale to places like iTunes/Amazon, they also have a checkbox that says something vague like "Would you like to release your music to all places to generate revenue?".  Most people check "yes", as I did with our first album.  What it means is, "Would you like to give away your entire album to all streaming platforms including YouTube for next to nothing?"  No, it doesn't generate much more income than Spotify.  Not even enough to pay a new pack of strings for your guitar.

Musicians are not good at business, are easily deceived, and better wise up quick.  Even touring is in serious jeopardy.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, CrimsonWarrior, Andreas89, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:31 pm

I really hope Preterist isn't a one and done project.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Fundy, CrimsonWarrior and Andreas89 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
jusma wrote:Sad news, but I understand it as I don’t buy CD’s anymore these days. Everything seems to be on Youtube for free. Can someone explain why is that? Seems like all bands are putting their stuff for free on Youtube. Does that really generate enough of income for the bands?

When you release your album digitally for sale to places like iTunes/Amazon, they also have a checkbox that says something vague like "Would you like to release your music to all places to generate revenue?".  Most people check "yes", as I did with our first album.  What it means is, "Would you like to give away your entire album to all streaming platforms including YouTube for next to nothing?" 

That probably explains something. But still I scratch my head because it’s so easy to listen pretty much all the music I want legally for free.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Pethead wrote:I really hope Preterist isn't a one and done project.
No, he says he will continue to make music but as a hobby and not a profession.
He doesn't want to be a starving artist but still loves making music.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Fundy, Andreas89 and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:39 pm

Constantine wrote:
Right, but he said he didn't know if there would be another Preterist album. Just because he's going to keep making music doesn't mean there will be another Preterist record in the same style.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:42 pm

I kinda asked him about that just recently on FB and he said he has a lot of songs/ideas he could/ would like to record. So there is hope.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Constantine wrote:

I doubt he ever believed releasing Preterist albums would be his profession.  

Literally no new metal bands who start in 2022 will be able to do that.

In the video, he simply talked about breaking even from just the CD pressing.  That was a reasonable goal.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:49 pm

jusma wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

When you release your album digitally for sale to places like iTunes/Amazon, they also have a checkbox that says something vague like "Would you like to release your music to all places to generate revenue?".  Most people check "yes", as I did with our first album.  What it means is, "Would you like to give away your entire album to all streaming platforms including YouTube for next to nothing?" 

That probably explains something. But still I scratch my head because it’s so easy to listen pretty much all the music I want legally for free.

That explains the low quality of new metal albums, and why most people just want to talk about old classic metal albums.

"Let's just hurry up and make a new album so we can tour and sell t-shirts on the road."
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:05 pm

I find more quality metal albums today than I used to. Sure, there's a lot of sub par stuff but there always was, now, bands can get music out while not being beholden to a label that rips you off which seemed to happen a lot in Christian music. I think a big issue is the amount of entertainment vying for our dollar has grown immensely.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next