The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to now? (Christian-friendly edition)

+27
Christian Thrash Rules
StevenCressler
My Awesome Timothy
seth
tarkellyt
Seth Dusith
ShotGunderson
B Judson
WildWorld
Temple of Blood
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
BaleMaster
oldschooldoom
CrimsonWarrior
Follower of Jesus
Son of Nun
Pethead
Ammocas
alldatndensum
Kerrick
Sevenoneself
Dustofyears
mothy
stevegarveyfan
Black Rider
Superjuice
31 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

What are you listening to now? (Christian-friendly edition) - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you listening to now? (Christian-friendly edition)

Post by StevenCressler Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:41 am

Theocracy - Wynter Fever
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to now? (Christian-friendly edition) - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you listening to now? (Christian-friendly edition)

Post by seth Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:41 pm

Tourniquet - Electric Funeral (Black Sabbath cover)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, oldschooldoom, Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:35 pm

Jupiter VI - Moveable Walls
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Impellitteri - The Nature of the Beast
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Son of Nun, scottmitchell74, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:20 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:Impellitteri - The Nature of the Beast
Love that album
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:21 pm

That one is good, but I prefer the 90s stuff. Answer to the Master remains my favorite.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:25 pm

The 90’s era had some good stuff, but Kill the Beast is my favorite song from them
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:46 pm

Impellitteri - Do You Think I’m Mad
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:03 pm

Impellitteri - Slay the Dragon
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:39 pm

Pethead wrote:That one is good, but I prefer the 90s stuff. Answer to the Master remains my favorite.
That and Eye Of The Hurricane are what I listen to most.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:54 pm

Bride - Thunder in the City. My favorite Bride song
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:30 am

Flukt - Omen ov Darkness
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:13 pm

Knights Oath - I,II,III
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:26 pm

Those EPs have been on my wantlist for a long time, but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.  How are you liking them?  I'm curious about the band's beliefs, as the lyrical themes sure seem to be Christian - though I can't tell if they're just trying to fit in with Wytch Hazel haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:38 pm

Kerrick wrote:Those EPs have been on my wantlist for a long time, but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.  How are you liking them?  I'm curious about the band's beliefs, as the lyrical themes sure seem to be Christian - though I can't tell if they're just trying to fit in with Wytch Hazel haha.
I was like you and decided to pull the trigger. I love them. I think they are more approaching it from the Knights of the Crusades etc point of view but havent done to much further digging. Ill keep you posted.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:15 am

Cursed Earth - Small Will for Survival & Symbiosis

good underground proggy thrash
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:31 pm

CoD - Machines of our Disgrace
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:05 pm

Thousand Foot Krutch - Down. An example of good nu-metal
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:55 pm

I was listening to Incrave - Dead End yesterday evening while out running errands.  I get that their brand of emo-power-metal isn't everyone's cup 'o tea and that you gotta be in the right mood, but I find both of their albums really enjoyable.  Their songs are well-written, catchy, and moody.  Good stuff!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:15 pm

I enjoy those albums, too bad they didn't do more.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:26 pm

For sure!  I just checked the Metal Archives to see if any of the members had gone on to any other bands (they haven't, according to the MA) and saw to my surprise that there was a single released in 2021 that was supposedly a Japanese bonus track for Dead End.  It's on Ulterium's Bandcamp so I think I'll nab it next BC Friday!

https://ulteriumrecords.bandcamp.com/track/no-one-else

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:45 pm

Thank you Mr Kerrick for that preface/intro. Not really necessary as I find this to be straight forward likeable without apology heavy metal. Just wish the vocals are more out front and bold. Love this band! What's up with the Emo labeling? This is top notch Swedish power metal! As far as I know, they had the one studio album plus 2 demos.

Last edited by oldschooldoom on Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:54 pm

Kerrick thinks anything besides Slayer is emo.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Kerrick, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:39 pm

Pethead knows me so well!

oldschooldoom wrote:Thank you Mr Kerrick for that preface/intro. Not really necessary as I find this to be straight forward likeable without apology heavy metal. Just wish the vocals are more out front and bold. Love this band! What's up with the Emo labeling? This is top notch Swedish power metal! As far as I know, they had the one studio album plus 2 demos.

Haha you're welcome?   Razz  It seems whenever these guys get brought up, folks complain about the vocals being too whiny.  And their style, while I'd still consider it power metal too, is far from the typical happy European power meta a la Sonata Arctica, Stratovarious, Helloween, etc.  Like I said, I really like Incrave too and think the vocals fit with the music just fine.  Smile

They actually have two albums, Dead End being their second.  The first is called The Escape and I think was basically just a re-release of their previous band's album under the new name of Incrave.  If you like Dead End, you'll definitely enjoy The Escape too.  While I think DE is overall slightly better, TE is a very good album too and worth getting!

Tyrant
Tyrant

oldschooldoom and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Animetal USA-W

Chris Impelliterri is on guitar, which is why I put it here. Shame we havent gotten anything more since that second album, lots of great anime themes I would have enjoyed being "metalized".

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next