The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discovering something new in an old song

3 posters

Go down

Discovering something new in an old song Empty Discovering something new in an old song

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

So, I’m listening to metal the other day and a classic song came on. I’ve heard this song a hundred times but never before picked up on how great the drumming is. It’s fun to find new gems hidden inside great songs from the past. In case you’re wondering, the song was Dio’s “Stand Up and Shout”. You ever notice the drumming in that song?! I was floored when I noticed how good it is. Appice is brilliant on that track.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Discovering something new in an old song Empty Re: Discovering something new in an old song

Post by Black Rider Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 am

I was going to say: well yeah. It's Appice. It's like stuff Cozy Powell was on, just hits different.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Discovering something new in an old song Empty Re: Discovering something new in an old song

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:36 am

This happened to me a few years ago when I was listening to Rush’s Grace under Pressure. All of a sudden, Geddy’s bass line on “The Enemy Within” grabbed me, and now it’s one of my favorite Rush tunes.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:42 am

Yeah, Appice and Powell were fantastic. I prefer guys like that who have their own style rather than just sounding like a drum machine.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down