The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around...

5 posters

Go down

Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... Empty Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around...

Post by FAIRWARNING Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:44 am

Okay everyone. Let's be honest here. This is a no judgement question. Who is going to step up to the plate and admit it.

FAIRWARNING
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... Empty Re: Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around...

Post by FAIRWARNING Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:47 am

I will go first. Sia-Cheap Thrills, Carly Rae- Call Me, Maybe, Maroon 5-Sugar. I feel a little dirty but also experienced a cathartic moment.

FAIRWARNING
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... Empty Re: Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around...

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:03 am

The Offspring-Bad Habit
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:38 pm

I enjoy ALL types of music except salsa/bachata, opera, and rap.  So No guilt here  Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... 1f6ab 

Too many to mention, I can only give a small sample of some favorites. 

Banarama - Cruel Summer
Bill Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
Seal - Bring It On, Prayer For The Dying
Lady Antebellum - Bartender, Long Stretch Of Love
Sade - Paradise
Echosmith - Cool Kids
Michelle Branch - Everywhere
Andy Williams - just about anything....
5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
Orleans - Dance With Me
Melissa Manchester - Midnight Blue
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Paula Abdul - Straight Up
Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
Annie Lennox - Medusa album....
Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
Lisa Loeb - Stay
Brick - Dazz
Heatwave - The Groove Line
Exposé - Point Of No Return
Brenda K. Starr - I Still Believe
Kool & The Gang - Fresh
Nadia Ali - Pressure
Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You
Shannon - Let The Music Play
Deathcab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body
ABBA - Dancing Queen
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Staybrite, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:03 pm

ABBA is one of my favorite bands of all time. 

My wife and I love to jam some Train and have seen them live a couple of times. They put on great shows.

I love a lot of 80s and 90s country. George Strait, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, Garth Brooks, etc. Basically anything before the abomination known as “bro-country” came along and infected country radio with audio cancer. My wife hates any and all country, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm

I've got Celine Dion's self-titled album with Water from the Moon and Beauty & The Beast on it. I listened to it on the radio when I was in grade 4 or 5, and still love listening to it.

Michael W. Smith - Change Your World

Celtic Women - older Christmas album. That original version of O Holy Night where the soprano goes up the octave at the end is the epitomie of musical beauty!

Cuphead Sountrack: it is all 1930's music and is awesome.

Alan Jackson - hymns. There's a few songs where the lady singing harmony--I'd swear she was a hutterite or mennonite the way she slides into her notes. But the whole album is so peaceful and calming.

Sh.... toby mac... sh... My kids love him, but it's...hiphop! And I...kinda like it!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:I've got Celine Dion's self-titled album with Water from the Moon and Beauty & The Beast on it. I listened to it on the radio when I was in grade 4 or 5, and still love listening to it.

Michael W. Smith - Change Your World

Celtic Women - older Christmas album. That original version of O Holy Night where the soprano goes up the octave at the end is the epitomie of musical beauty!

Cuphead Sountrack: it is all 1930's music and is awesome.

Alan Jackson - hymns. There's a few songs where the lady singing harmony--I'd swear she was a hutterite or mennonite the way she slides into her notes. But the whole album is so peaceful and calming.

Sh.... toby mac... sh... My kids love him, but it's...hiphop! And I...kinda like it!
I enjoy some TobyMac, but so many of his lyrics are so terribly written it makes it hard to listen to. I love his heart for Christ, though.

And I like Michael W. Smith up through Change Your World, but not really after that.

Last edited by Pethead on Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 pm

I have Toby Mac's "The Elements" and think it's his best record.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Constantine wrote:I have Toby Mac's "The Elements" and think it's his best record.
I haven’t listened to enough of that one, but it did intrigue me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 pm

^^ We've got 3 or so albums, I think: Eye on It, Elements, and This Is Not A Test. Our kids all liked Test the best.
I can listen to all the songs, I enjoy quite a few. But "Move" is an absolute favourite of mine; probably because it tooks about overcoming depression and anxiety.

Oh yeah, we also have his Christmas album, and we love it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:28 pm

I need to listen to some Abba. I wasn't allowed to listen to non-Christian music growing up, so I have never really listened to them at all. The only song I know is, "take a chance, take a chance, take a ch, ch, chance, chance".
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:30 pm

I listen to a lot of different stuff like Neil Diamond, Beach boys, outlaw country, alt country, Goo Goo Dolls and much more. Metal is probably 80 percent though.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:39 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:I need to listen to some Abba. I wasn't allowed to listen to non-Christian music growing up, so I have never really listened to them at all. The only song I know is, "take a chance, take a chance, take a ch, ch, chance, chance".
Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... 51WHX26rRgL._SX425_

Start here. If you don’t like it, REPENT.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Abba gives me cavities, rather listen to the Bee Gees.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:43 pm

Black Rider wrote:Abba gives me cavities, rather listen to the Bee Gees.
Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... 53241491
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Pethead wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:I need to listen to some Abba. I wasn't allowed to listen to non-Christian music growing up, so I have never really listened to them at all. The only song I know is, "take a chance, take a chance, take a ch, ch, chance, chance".
Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... 51WHX26rRgL._SX425_

OOOH, you're getting really spicy today! First it was Nonexistent's vocals, next was Theocracy, than TMac's lyrics, and now everyone has to love Abba!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:50 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:
Pethead wrote:

OOOH, you're getting really spicy today! First it was Nonexistent's vocals, next was Theocracy, than TMac's lyrics, and now everyone has to love Abba!!
I offend with truth.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Pethead wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Abba gives me cavities, rather listen to the Bee Gees.
Guilty pleasure songs you hate to admit that you listen to when noone else is around... 53241491

Last edited by Black Rider on Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Since I’m on a roll:

In God We Trust>To Hell with the Devil

I don’t like The Brave’s new album. 

(You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:59 pm

Another guilty pleasure:

I like Amy Grant’s stuff from Age to Age through Lead Me On.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

crucifyd and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:39 pm

I find her boring.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:I find her boring.
Understandable.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Pethead wrote:Another guilty pleasure:

I like Amy Grant’s stuff from Age to Age through Lead Me On.
I love this as well! I wore out my cassette of The Collection when I was a kid.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down