The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Kirkpatrick (R.I.P.)

+35
Aryeh Yehudah
eatbugs
bodachi
ChosenNightwolf
Andreas89
crucifyd
Joelpz27
zelote
Second Wind
Raegoul
Sevenoneself
Sir Shred A Lot
Grind4christ
Ammocas
Tourniguy
shekkian
Fundy
jaydeecrawson
alldatndensum
Bahana
Friday13th
Constantine
Grindboy
Black Rider
bgsully
Temple of Blood
Pethead
Frozen Fire
Tombie
Airola
Lex Metalis
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
My Awesome Timothy
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick (R.I.P.) - Page 6 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick (R.I.P.)

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:19 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
He never sounded like he was ripping off anyone's style, which is a testament to his artistry.

He didn’t… but a couple songs from Aaron and Luke had obviously borrowed from Korn and Sepultura. 

The tribal instrument at the beginning of Martyr’s Pose is just like what Sepultura did on the Roots album. And “The Tell-Tale Heart” has almost the exact same riff as Korn’s Blind.
My favorite songs Aaron contributed were his two on AB. Love those.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Wow, I don't even know where to start. As many here have already stated, Tourniquet is my favorite band of all time and has been since the first time I heard them on the Hot Metal Summer compilation (I think?) back around 1990. I rushed out and bought STB and Deliverance st/weapons as a result. Tourniquet quickly became my favorite band, and Ted my favorite drummer, song writer, and lyric writer of all time. Nothing in this world compares. Many of us here were on the original Tourniquet Discussion Zone (way before the CMR, Facebook, etc). I spent countless hours listening to Tourniquet, hours wasting time on message boards discussing the band and songs, and being totally obsessed with the band. I have never anticipated and been emotionally impacted by an album as much as I was with Pathogenic, and then years later Microscopic. I had the pleasure of seeing them play live in 1993 in Houston a few weeks after Luke joined the band, then again at the Texas Rockfest in 1996/97 when Crawl just came out. Ted inspired me to play guitar and spend countless hours trying to figure out and create guitar tabs for many Tourniquet songs. He would often comment and thank me for tabbing their songs, and even sent me some very special and rare items over the years as a "thank you". This included some autographed pics, a handwritten "tab" of his when he was writing "Crawl to China", and a custom made guitar strap with original artwork of the "Collected Works" arm on the strap. He even called me on my 40th birthday. As a life-long hunter, I obviously didn't agree with his extreme stance on animal rights, but I understood where he was coming from and I never argued about it or let it affect my love for his music. I was also severely bummed about the way he let Luke go and wanted to hold a grudge for that, but it did not stop me from anticipating, buying, and thoroughly enjoying "Gazing at Medusa". I was really looking forward to the new album. Like others, I hope that we can at least hear some more unfinished clips at the very least.  Until then, I will look forward to tributes, cover songs, new Flood music, and new music from Luke Easter.  Who knows, maybe we'll have a new band or at least some new songs with Luke and Aaron trading off vocals again. How awesome would that be? Just a final thought, I heard the news of his passing late at night shortly after his wife posted the news a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting in a hotel room in Houston TX (where I saw Tourniquet play for the first time almost 30 years ago), coming down from a musical high of just seeing Poison, Motley Crue, and Def Lepperd in concert. Needless to say that high dropped quickly and radically, and I cried myself to sleep.
Thank you Ted for all of the music, inspiration, and great memories over the years.

Zeb a.k.a Wigeon a.k.a Lanch (alter ego from the Tourniquet DZ many moons ago)
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Luke Easter, Frozen Fire, TZ75, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:Did anyone get word on whether or not orders are still being fulfilled? I'd rather buy a bunch of merch right now and help support TQT that way while the merch is still available. Thanks guys.

The t-shirt vendor is.  I ordered one early last week and it came already.

I’m not surprised. Ted was using a print company that is licensed to make them. I assume all funds from shirt sales will be directed to Cristy (Ted’s widow). 

I’m still curious if someone will continue to manage the actual Tourniquet store online? I believe Ted personally handled the orders himself. Will they keep it going and order more merchandise, or have a liquidation sale? I’m somewhat expecting Cristy to announce a big auction for a lot of Ted’s gear. It certainly would help payoff some of his medical care debt (in addition to the current fundraiser).
Are we sure about this? If so I would place an order tomorrow.

I’m not sure… I’m waiting for someone to confirm. I was speculating. I hope we can continue to buy stuff.
Well I ordered some merch in flashy colors. Let‘s see how long it takes to ship the stuff across the pond.
What site did you order from?
The Tourniquet merch site linked on the Tourniquet website. https://tourniquetband.myspreadshop.com/
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:57 pm

Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:Did anyone get word on whether or not orders are still being fulfilled? I'd rather buy a bunch of merch right now and help support TQT that way while the merch is still available. Thanks guys.

I’m not surprised. Ted was using a print company that is licensed to make them. I assume all funds from shirt sales will be directed to Cristy (Ted’s widow). 

I’m still curious if someone will continue to manage the actual Tourniquet store online? I believe Ted personally handled the orders himself. Will they keep it going and order more merchandise, or have a liquidation sale? I’m somewhat expecting Cristy to announce a big auction for a lot of Ted’s gear. It certainly would help payoff some of his medical care debt (in addition to the current fundraiser).

I’m not sure… I’m waiting for someone to confirm. I was speculating. I hope we can continue to buy stuff.
Well I ordered some merch in flashy colors. Let‘s see how long it takes to ship the stuff across the pond.
The Tourniquet merch site linked on the Tourniquet website. https://tourniquetband.myspreadshop.com/
That’s what I figured, but I wanted to make sure and order from the right place!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:00 pm

Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

That’s what I figured, but I wanted to make sure and order from the right place!
I am not sure it is the right place but the shirts look dope on the pictures. Hopefully they will fit.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:10 pm

I believe Spreadshop is like Cafepress and a bunch of other shops that print on demand. So the money goes to an account that you draw from.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:09 pm

I placed my shirt order on 8/21 (the day after he passed) and it arrived on 8/27.  This was from the Spreadshop site, I don't know about Bandcamp ordering.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Grind4christ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 pm

When the owner of a copyright dies, is it legal for any public person or business to print the copyrighted images?

The reason I ask is to know if the business Ted was using will continue to print the shirts and other merch.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:18 am

TZ75 wrote:When the owner of a copyright dies, is it legal for any public person or business to print the copyrighted images?

The reason I ask is to know if the business Ted was using will continue to print the shirts and other merch.
Not sure about the US but usually the rights and obligations of a deceased person pass onto the heirs so if Ted had a merch deal with Spreadshop (gave them a license to use the images and logos against a fee), this contract would pass on to the heirs who can continue or terminate the contact.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:48 am

Like someone mentioned up there, have a funny feeling TQT merch and music is going to become rare and expensive in the not too distant future...

Hmm... might have to snap up Pathogenic at the very least! Special album that.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Grind4christ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:32 pm

Tourniquet albums should still be relevant and in demand for years to come. I’m certain that indie labels like Retroactive or Bombworks will license them for limited runs. Or better yet, maybe someone will buy the rights and keep the name alive on a regular basis. 

Tourniquet is too good to fade away!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:39 pm

I wonder what Aaron is gonna do? It’s heartbreaking to see him as the sole remaining member of Tourniquet (and Ted as a former). 

There’s no way Aaron will continue with Tourniquet, but he could possibly take over the business.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Grind4christ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:41 pm

TZ75 wrote:I wonder what Aaron is gonna do? It’s heartbreaking to see him as the sole remaining member of Tourniquet (and Ted as a former). 

There’s no way Aaron will continue with Tourniquet, but he could possibly take over the business.
I was wondering that, myself.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:51 pm

This is hard to look at… Sad

Ted Kirkpatrick (R.I.P.) - Page 6 9d74ea10
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:33 pm

Does anyone know if there will be a grave/memorial site?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:57 pm

Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Update: The stuff arrived today, which is quite quick for overseas delivery imho. Ironically I can’t try the shirts because I am at the hospital recovering from lung surgery.

Edit: prayers are appreciated, thx.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:06 pm

Praying, man. What happened?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:20 am

Pethead wrote:Praying, man. What happened?
Thanks brother. Punctured lung from a coughing fit. I am genetically predisposed for this and it happens already for the fifth time. They now tried to stick the lung to the diaphragm so hopefully it shouldn‘t collapse anymore.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:18 am

Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:Praying, man. What happened?
Thanks brother. Punctured lung from a coughing fit. I am genetically predisposed for this and it happens already for the fifth time. They now tried to stick the lung to the diaphragm so hopefully it shouldn‘t collapse anymore.

Sorry to hear of this… I will send a prayer too!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 pm

Ordered a Pathogenic long sleeve last week and it came 6 days later. I'm still curious if that benefits Cristy or not. At the least it will be a continuous reminder to pray.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:33 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Ordered a Pathogenic long sleeve last week and it came 6 days later. I'm still curious if that benefits Cristy or not.

I think so!
It is a very fortunate circumstance at this moment that Ted has set up the spreadshop. The complete processing is done by Spreadshop and the income is automatically transferred to Ted's account on a monthly basis. So as long as Tourniquet's spreadshop is active and the relevant material is in stock at Spreadshop (textiles, mugs, etc.), the sale goes on automatically and the money flows into Ted's bank account.
Again for explanation, the merch is printed on demand by Spreadshop, so it's not finite stock.

Ted's wife either already has access to this bank account or can get it at the bank. So it's safe to assume that the money gets to Cristy and she doesn't have to worry about production, sales and shipping at all. So you don't bother anyone from Ted's private circle with an order there.

It's a little different with the store on tourniquet.net. As far as I know, those orders were actually processed and shipped by Ted personally.
The news page of tourniquet.net is directly linked to the tourniquet Facebook page and Cristy fortunately has access there and has already posted messages. So she can comment on the subject of orders there if necessary. She hasn't done that yet so I suspect that orders will continue to be processed through tourniquet.net as well.
However, it would also not be surprising if she does not deal with this topic at all at the current time and only comments on it at a later time.

Therefore, I would personally say: With orders on tourniquet.net I would wait until Cristy or someone else comments on the fact that orders are processed and you do not overburden anyone with it. If I want to have something from the spreadshop, there would be nothing to stop me from continuing to use it.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood, Frozen Fire, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:27 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:Ordered a Pathogenic long sleeve last week and it came 6 days later. I'm still curious if that benefits Cristy or not.

I think so!
It is a very fortunate circumstance at this moment that Ted has set up the spreadshop. The complete processing is done by Spreadshop and the income is automatically transferred to Ted's account on a monthly basis. So as long as Tourniquet's spreadshop is active and the relevant material is in stock at Spreadshop (textiles, mugs, etc.), the sale goes on automatically and the money flows into Ted's bank account.
Again for explanation, the merch is printed on demand by Spreadshop, so it's not finite stock.

Ted's wife either already has access to this bank account or can get it at the bank. So it's safe to assume that the money gets to Cristy and she doesn't have to worry about production, sales and shipping at all. So you don't bother anyone from Ted's private circle with an order there.

It's a little different with the store on tourniquet.net. As far as I know, those orders were actually processed and shipped by Ted personally.
The news page of tourniquet.net is directly linked to the tourniquet Facebook page and Cristy fortunately has access there and has already posted messages. So she can comment on the subject of orders there if necessary. She hasn't done that yet so I suspect that orders will continue to be processed through tourniquet.net as well.
However, it would also not be surprising if she does not deal with this topic at all at the current time and only comments on it at a later time.

Therefore, I would personally say: With orders on tourniquet.net I would wait until Cristy or someone else comments on the fact that orders are processed and you do not overburden anyone with it. If I want to have something from the spreadshop, there would be nothing to stop me from continuing to use it.

That makes sense and I am happy that my money most likely serves a good purpose. As an update I got rid of the tubes in my lung today so I could finally try on the merch. A word of caution: I ordered four size M t shirts (and a hoodie), two of which I would qualify as true to size, whereas one was slightly larger and one noticeably smaller. According to the label, the smaller one is a "unisex" model. I didn't order this consciously so watch out when ordering. It wasn't an issue for me as I could pass it on to my wife who gladly wears it (and looks good in it).
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 03, 2023 6:17 am

While I was watching this, I immediately thought of Ted. He would have loved it!

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6