The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album?

4 posters

Go down

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album?

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_lcap0%What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_lcap33%What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_lcap67%What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_lcap0%What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? Empty What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album?

Post by Constantine Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Leatherwolf has been a very interesting band since their formation in 1981.  Too musically advanced for the hair metal crowd yet not heavy enough for the thrashers, Leatherwolf blazed their own trail and created some unique U.S. power metal that does not sound like anyone else.

They've been through many line-up changes and are ready to release a new album in 2022 called "Kill The Hunted."
Only Dean Roberts (drummer) is left from the original line-up, but that could change again in the future.

I was always a big fan of their 1st E.P. (later turned into a full-length).  It was rough and heavy and had a unique sound, which was hard to pull off by that time (1984-85).  But in reviewing their material, I would have to say that "Street Ready" is their most consistent and best overall.   Stellar musicianship, and not one bad song from a musical standpoint.

What does everyone else think?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album?

Post by Staybrite Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:32 pm

I would go for Street Ready as well, but I've only heard the first 3 and one of the versions of the "World Asylum" album.
I thought Street Ready did a great job of adding melody and commercial accessibility while still maintaining a "heaviness" that gave the music more "heavy metal credibility" then a lot of the lighter "pop metal" on the radio in the late 80's.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album? Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite LEATHERWOLF Album?

Post by Black Rider Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:43 pm

Kind of like Metal Church, not really thrash but not pop metal either, just great American power metal. I like all their albums but voted the self titled.
Didn't know about a new album, wonder who the singer will be?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:46 pm

They have a new singer, I'm not sure of his name but I saw a clip of him singing at a concert with them.  He's okay I guess - not Michael but the again no one else is quite like Michael Olivieri.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:22 pm

One of the many bands I know of, but still need to check out.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down