The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Rammstein would have sounded like 50 years ago.

2 posters

Go down

What Rammstein would have sounded like 50 years ago. Empty What Rammstein would have sounded like 50 years ago.

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:05 pm

So...a few years ago a first-generation German immigrant family from our church asked me to digitize some German kids gospel music for them. They grew up in Bavaria and are true German hippies who live off the land and make as many things as possible from scratch, including chairs, tables, gardens, furnaces, etc.

I came across this song while I was digitizing their music. It was from a part of the cassette that wasn't Christian songs, but rather traditional german folk songs. I was immediately STRUCK by how similar it sounded to Rammstein music. You probably all know this (but I didn't), that many of the songs they sing are folk songs. Many of you would have read about it, but I got the unique experience of hearing it from the original listeners! Hope you enjoy it, or at least find it interesting!

If you listen long enough, you'll even come across the instrumental-only, percussion-heavy sections that Rammstein uses, as well as some weird instrument sounds that are eerily mimmicked by Rammstein.

Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What Rammstein would have sounded like 50 years ago. Empty Re: What Rammstein would have sounded like 50 years ago.

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:47 am

Yeah, well, that's German music for you. Very tight rhythmically and vocally.

And I wouldn't call Rammstein songs folk songs to be honest, but they do draw from Germany folklore lyrically at least.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down