The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out

Go down

80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out Empty 80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:23 pm

I saw this mentioned at Angelic Warlord so I checked out the band's website at https://www.thearielband.com/  

I believe I have some mp3 downloads of their 80's stuff, at least I used to. 

Anyway, sounds pretty promising..

From their page:

Formed by Steve Sawatsky 1983 in Victoria, B.C., Ariel had its genesis as a band of musicians relaying the gospel message through quality music.  ​

Their first live show performance was held in August of 1983 in Victoria, to an enthusiastic audience, yielding the beginning of a solid fan base on both Vancouver Island and the lower mainland of B.C. ​

Over the next 3 years, along with some lineup changes, Ariel forged ahead in compositional creativity playing across North America.

Ariel had recorded various demos with the culmination of it's first official self-titled release in 1986 with Ariel Records. The band roster at that time consisted of: Steve Sawatsky, Lisa Sawatsky, Ron Willes, and Bruce Davies.

Ariel continued to tour, supporting the debut release with radio airplay throughout Canada, the American college network and several European countries, eventually reaching as far as South Africa.​

Toward the end of 1989, due to time restraints, Ariel disbanded.​

After a hiatus of more than 30 years the original vision has been kept alive and is now being revitalized by 3 members of the original band lineup.

May you enjoy the energy, sonic pleasure, and uplifting power of Ariel's next chapter

Last edited by Bought4Life on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out Empty Re: 80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down

80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out Empty Re: 80's band Ariel reformed and has an album coming out

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to hear two tracks from their 1986 release

https://www.thearielband.com/epk

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Sounds good!  Reminds me of Deep Purple or Petra.

Thank you for sharing this.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Sounds good!  Reminds me of Deep Purple or Petra.

Thank you for sharing this.

Glad you like it!

And now that you mention it, they DO remind me of Petra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down