The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums

+15
Son of Nun
Grindboy
Hardcore Christian
zelote
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
mothy
Raegoul
Dustofyears
average joe
eatbugs
Constantine
TZ75
stevegarveyfan
Pethead
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums

Post by Raegoul Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:00 pm

mothy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:I'm so glad that metalcore has diminished so much in popularity.  I wonder if anyone will be clamoring for reunions of those "great" bands.

I hope not! They had their time and place and I liked it for decent amount of time.
Dudes who grew up with the stuff will be all over it in 20 or 30 years just as we are with the metal and thrash stuff.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:06 pm

Raegoul wrote:
mothy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:I'm so glad that metalcore has diminished so much in popularity.  I wonder if anyone will be clamoring for reunions of those "great" bands.

I hope not! They had their time and place and I liked it for decent amount of time.
Dudes who grew up with the stuff will be all over it in 20 or 30 years just as we are with the metal and thrash stuff.

I don't know about that. I think when they got older they got into real metal, as far as I can tell.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:55 pm

I think they're better then most metalcore bands, have more melody and a few hooks.

Ghost Thief is my favorite by them, surprised me how much I like it.
S/T-wore this out 
Reborn
The Infinite Order
Conceived in Fire
Inhabit
Nonexistent
I like death metal but felt there attempts were only okay. I do like the three new songs on the hits album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:00 pm

1. Living Sacrifice 
2. Reborn 
3. Ghost Thief 

NonExistant and Inhabit i not like the vocals, and the rest are generic metalcore for me.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:26 am

1. Reborn (The top two are all time classic records, front to back, heavy and no filler. The roots of Christian metalcore)
2. The Hammering Process
3. Self Titled (Truly an epic thrash record with DJ on vocals,wish they continued in this style on the two subsequent albums)
4. Conceived In Fire (Not as memorable but just a great album, with heavy riffs throughout)
5. The Infinite Order (This one and CIF, and Ghost Thief are all super close, depending on my mood they could change order)
6. Ghost Thief
7. Nonexistant (The vocals on this one are slightly more tolerable but really a fantastic death metal album ruined by terrible sounding vocals)
8. Inhabit (Actually laughable, when I hear the vocals on here I cannot keep a straight face, it really bothers me though because DJ did such a great job with his thrash style on the previous album)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Mostly just here to say. . .

1. Conceived in Fire.  Really, so far NO votes for this one first, and a good bit of hate?  I'm amazed at how great this is.

2.  Inhabit.  Fantastic, classic death metal.

biiiiiig gap before the rest, half of which I don't even keep straight (Infinite Order vs. Ghost Thief?  I think they're both ok, but not even really sure which is which. . .)  But s/t, Reborn, Hammering Process, Infinite Order, Ghost Thief, all fine but not great IMO.

Last: Nonexistent

btw, HC, I think you confused Inhabit and Nonexistent at the bottom of your list, although who cares which order the last 2 are even in, right?

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Hardcore Christian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:50 am

Grindboy wrote:btw, HC, I think you confused Inhabit and Nonexistent at the bottom of your list, although who cares which order the last 2 are even in, right?
I think your right, I actually edited the post once already, but I think I had it correct the first time Razz 

Trust me I do really want to like them, because none of the modern fans even know the first three exist, most of the time, and DJ is a great vocalist
The first album is just so great, I might give them another chance, and try spinning them tonight actually!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:48 pm

1. Inhabit
2. S/T
3. Nonexistent
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Raegoul wrote:
mothy wrote:

I don't know about that.  I think when they got older they got into real metal, as far as I can tell.

There are actually far more fans of Christian metalcore than there ever were of Christian metal, thrash, or death.  It was the most successful period of Christian rock sales-wise than any other in history.  Facebook groups are full of metalcore fans.  They can rank and pick apart all the metalcore bands and albums as much if not more than we can what we're into on this message board.  I haven't see many who have "graduated" to "real" metal, in my experience.  People either like what they liked in their adolescence, or they like something completely different (like country or singer/songwriter), for the most part.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:46 pm

1- self-titled.  Ditto what others have said.  Better than Slayer, IMO.
2 - Nonexistent.  It took me a bit to get over the vocals when it came out, but I love the music so much and consider the vocals just another instrument on this album, adding texture.  I used to listen to this to go to sleep in college, it's very relaxing.
3 - Reborn.  I didn't like this when it came out but I came to appreciate the first wave of metalcore so I dig it now.  It was a pioneering album.
4-6 - Ghost Thief, The Hammering Process, and Infinite Order.  All great groove metal albums.  To be honest, they all run together to me but I love the sound and it's the perfect driving music.
7 - Conceived in Fire.  I think this is the one that had a few clean singing moments, which is the only reason it's lower (if it's the one with the cleans)
8 - Inhabit.  I just could never get into this style of death metal.  All the songs sound the same and the vocals are annoying to me.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Here is their "Not Yielding To Ungodly" demo.  

Definitely different in both vocals and musically, to anything else they've done.

I wonder where it would end up on everyone's rankings?

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:37 am

Constantine wrote:Here is their "Not Yielding To Ungodly" demo.  

Definitely different in both vocals and musically, to anything else they've done.

Slayer
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 am

Dustofyears wrote:

Slayer
I believe you mean:
Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums - Page 2 Slayer-slayer-fan
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the LS demo. 
DJ sounds a lot like Peter Steele from the Carnivore days.

Too bad Nordic didn’t include the demo on the recent s/t reissue. It would’ve been great to have them together. This was definitely my favorite style they had. I love the Slayer/Jeff Hanneman influenced riffs.

Last edited by TZ75 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:29 pm

That would have been cool to add.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:31 pm

average joe wrote:That would have been cool to add.

Maybe if there is another pressing, they could add it on!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:47 pm

Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Slayer
I believe you mean:
Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums - Page 2 Slayer-slayer-fan
lol. ^ Oh no, please no- that would make me one of those metal head type people, you know the kind I mean... Evil or Very Mad
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm

Pethead wrote:Rank the Living Sacrifice Albums - Page 2 Slayer-slayer-fan

that made me think of this guy...

crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Black Rider, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:52 am

TZ75 wrote:Very cool! Thanks for sharing the LS demo. 
DJ sounds a lot like Peter Steele from the Carnivore days.

Too bad Nordic didn’t include the demo on the recent s/t reissue. It would’ve been great to have them together. This was definitely my favorite style they had. I love the Slayer/Jeff Hanneman influenced riffs.
That would have been cool, but Nordic didn't do the reissue.  They're just a distro.  Living Sacrifice did the reissue themselves.  From comments on podcast interviews I think they are embarrassed by the demo stuff i.e. it's not technical or tight enough for their standards.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 pm

4. The Hammering Process
Good metalcore, but it's still metalcore.

3. Reborn
Great metalcore with atmosphere, but it's still metalcore.

2. Nonexistent
The vocals add atmosphere IMO, I like them.

1. Living Sacrifice
It's thrash... whaddya expect

I need to check out Inhabit, ik, but these are the only 4 I know enough of to be able to rank
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Definitely give Inhabit a spin.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by yaark Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 pm

1. Nonexistent - The first album I got of theirs and has been my favourite since. I actually like the vocals.
2. Inhabit - Another great album, but I tend to go for Nonexistent when I want a Living Sacrifice hit
3. The Hammering Process - I was disappointed with the change of sound from Reborn, but I think Hammering Process is top notch metal core. I like they tribal flavour they added.
4. Conceived In Fire - This is a great album and they probably perfected the metal core sound on this one.
5. Reborn - Has some great moments, but I think the drastic change in styles hindered me from liking this more.
6. Self Titled - I didn't get this album until after the Infinite Order had come out. I enjoy it, but as I had already based LS on their Death Metal and Metal Core styles, it kind of felt a little aged
7. The Infinite Order - Not a bad album at all, but along with Ghost Thief just get lost in the catalogue as I prefer to listen to the other LS albums
8. Ghost Thief - See the Infinite Order comment

yaark
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

strangerhoncho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2