The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease?

+5
Frozen Fire
Lex Metalis
Follower of Jesus
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
9 posters

Go down

Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease? Empty Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 pm

In fact, I love this album, even though I miss solos and the screams.
But the songs are good. 
It was the first stryper album after a break of over a decade and it has too many creativity in it.

I am so looking forward to this.
For those who hav3n't seen yet, it is from angelic warlord.

https://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Michael Sweet in regards to upcoming revamped version to sixth STRYPER album, Reborn:
“Something I’ve always wanted to do is to release the original version of Reborn as a limited run (autographed) CD &vVinyl release. It will also be available eventually as a download. In terms of songs, it’s always been one of my favorite albums.

“What’s made it a little difficult for me to enjoy over the years are the drum tones, limited guitar solos and the overall mix. Due to Covid and our situation, I’ve had the opportunity to hit the studio and record new guitar solos, add more rhythm guitars, add a few high vocal notes here and there, add synth tracks to “thicken” choruses and of course remix the entire album with the original tracks.

“Mixed Emotions Music helped me bring this to fruition and I could not be happier with the results!  The album also includes the original drums and bass tracks, which sound great! Now it’s in the amazing hands (and ears) of @alexsaltz and it’s being mastered.
“To anyone out there who always liked Reborn but never really loved it, I think you will now.  It’s taken on a completely new energy and the sonic quality is right in line with the past few Stryper and MS albums. It sounds killer!
“We also did an alternate mix of “Passion” that will be included. It’ll make you raise your hands to the heavens above I promise.  Once mastering is complete, it’ll go to the plant to be created and packaged. It’ll be available at www.michaelsweet.com via Port Merchandise early 2021. Stay tuned for details and thank you all for your continued love & support.”

Back to top Go down

Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease? Empty Re: Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease?

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Definitely a good idea.  We'll see how it turns out.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease? Empty Re: Is anyone excited about Stryper's Reborn rerelease?

Post by Black Rider Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:25 pm

I didn't like it much, found it mostly bland so anything will be a step up.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:48 am

I enjoyed that album more than many, and I'm very interested in this.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:47 pm

I wasnt excited for it in the original release was such a letdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Me!
I
Eu
Yo

hahaha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:23 pm

I really like the original for what it is. I think the songwriting is great. I like the heavy, chunky production and that they retained the harmony vocals. I'm be excited for this!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Yes, I'm excited for this.
Yes, I like the original.

I said at the time that if it was a one-off reunion album it was a letdown for not sounding like old Stryper but if it was the beginning of a permanent comeback it was a great re-invention to not live in the 80's in 2005.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Maybe Mike should call the album “reborn again” and add a cover of Black Sabbath’s zero the hero.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:13 am

heck wrote:Maybe Mike should call the album “reborn again” and add a cover of Black Sabbath’s zero the hero.

There won't be a Black Sabbath tune on there, but the album is called "Reborn Again".

I am super excited about this.  I always thought it needed more leads and such.  Maybe after hearing this version, fans will get on board with it.  Many metal bands from back in the day tried to do a grunge or modern rock album and few actually made it sound great.  Stryper did.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Wow, I confess I didn't expect such a positive reaction as this album was so criticized by media.

To my mind it is a great album, that deserve some upgrades, you know, some screams and solos here and there.

To be honest, this is the first Stryper album I ever listened to. At that time, I wasn't really into metal, and not ready to enjoy the classic albuns of Stryper to the fullest. So, Reborn has opened the doors of christian metal to my ears. Then, I could get into Bloodgood, Sacred Warrior, barren cross and so on...
So there is an emotional thing about this album, I confess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:I really like the original for what it is. I think the songwriting is great. I like the heavy, chunky production and that they retained the harmony vocals. I'm be excited for this!
I also enjoy the same aspects you mentioned.
As I said, add some screams and solos here and there and we will have a top notch album.

Some might criticize my opinion, but I think the christian message was stronger in Reborn and MbP albums (in the albums released in this century).

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:31 am

How's everyone doing? I haven't been here in over a month. I have all the Stryper first 6 CDs including the angel artwork To Hell With The Devil 2000 Michael Sweet Productions and both the standard 8 songs and 9 songs CBS Sony Japan missiles cover version of YABA. It seems like Girder is marketing these as the angel artwork and the missiles 9 song version. If you go to CD Japan at this link https://www.cdjapan.co.jp and search Stryper for these albums due on December 9 it appears these are the standard common versions you can get anywhere with the 1986 version of YABA and the censored cover of THWTD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down