The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues

+4
Andreas89
BaleMaster
Dynamis
GACatmandu
8 posters

Go down

Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues  Empty Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues

Post by GACatmandu Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:39 pm

All of Stryper's 1980's CDs are being reissued in Japan. Here is a link to a cheaper place than any of the U.S. places I have seen these for  sale. Even with the posting if you buy more then one of these CDs it's  cheaper the more CDs you  buy.
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=Stryper+

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues  Empty Re: Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues

Post by Dynamis Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Does anyone have further detail regarding the Japan Stryper re-issues?  Are they re-mastered?  I am already disappointed that they are re-issuing the re-mixed version to "The Yellow & Black Attack" and not the original.
Dynamis
Dynamis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues  Empty Re: Stryper - Past Catalog Japanese Reissues

Post by BaleMaster Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:27 am

Are these reissues also on a legitimate label? I'd hate to think they were bootlegs.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:07 am

At least it's a legitimate website, I see it a lot when people want to find stuff from Galneryus and stuff.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:44 am

Good. I don't want Michael and the band to get ripped off.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:05 pm

These are legitimate releases CD Japan doesn't sell bootlegs at all ever. Also, if anyone is thinking of ordering any of these from CD Japan and find the postage a little high the United States Postal Service has suspended service from Japan because of Covid - 19 so there are only FEDEX and DHL service at the moment from Japan. Also, not sure if these are remastered or not there are other artists CDs being reissued at the same time as these Stryper ones and I have ordered some of those too so I am waiting to see myself.

CD Japan is legit I have ordered from them many times they are very trustworthy.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:12 am

Dynamis wrote:Does anyone have further detail regarding the Japan Stryper re-issues?  Are they re-mastered?  I am already disappointed that they are re-issuing the re-mixed version to "The Yellow & Black Attack" and not the original.

No infos about a remaster and because they're using the cover art of the re-mixed version of TYABA, almost certain that this version is the re-released version
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Universal Music and CD Japan are definitely both legit....but man, that shipping price. Wow.

I was going to buy all 5 of the 80's/90's releases but at $67 for shipping that pushes it to $117 for 5 cds that I own the originals of.

While I understand the reason for the expensive shipping, I can't see spending an average of $20+ per cd

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Bought4Life wrote:Universal Music and CD Japan are definitely both legit....but man, that shipping price. Wow.

I was going to buy all 5 of the 80's/90's releases but at $67 for shipping that pushes it to $117 for 5 cds that I own the originals of.

While I understand the reason for the expensive shipping, I can't see spending an average of $20+ per cd
Don't know if you're still interested but CD Japan has an airmail option now open that is much cheaper than FedEx shipping I got 2 CDs shipped for less than $9.00 and they will be sent USPS takes longer to get to you but it's much cheaper. 

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=stryper

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

alldatndensum and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:41 pm

GACatmandu wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:Universal Music and CD Japan are definitely both legit....but man, that shipping price. Wow.

Don't know if you're still interested but CD Japan has an airmail option now open that is much cheaper than FedEx shipping I got 2 CDs shipped for less than $9.00 and they will be sent USPS takes longer to get to you but it's much cheaper. 

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=stryper

I'll check it out. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosro Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:04 pm

BaleMaster wrote:Good.  I don't want Michael and the band to get ripped off.
Well actually they are. They don’t own the rights of those old albums so they won’t get paid.
But they are making new live versions of them all so they will get paid for those.
I’m not telling anyone not to buy from Japan. I just wanted to let you know that Stryper
won’t get the money, that’s all.

Gosro
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Gosro wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:Good.  I don't want Michael and the band to get ripped off.
Well actually they are. They don’t own the rights of those old albums so they won’t get paid.
But they are making new live versions of them all so they will get paid for those.
I’m not telling anyone not to buy from Japan. I just wanted to let you know that Stryper
won’t get the money, that’s all.
Wrong, they are getting paid their royalties through the record company for the sells of their music whether it's sold in Japan the U.S. or any other country that has nothing to do with owning the actual rights to your music very few bands actually own the rights to their music and most that do own the rights to their music make less money a lot of the time. For instance, KISS in no way own the rights to their music but do you think for a second that Gene and Paul aren't getting paid a royalty when one of their albums sale or nowadays a KISS song sales on Itunes that the members of the band aren't getting paid a royalty you would be dead wrong. How much of a royalty they happen to get paid depends on the given contracts that happen to have been signed by a given band and its members.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:57 pm

CD Japan is legit. I've ordered many cd's over the years. I've never had a problem.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by JPDetroit Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm

got mine from CDJapan yesterday. All five covers are the most common ones. ATL is the brown one. No remasters. To my ear they sound better than the original Enigma pressings, but I never had the Hollywood versions. So these could be identical to those, I couldn't say.

JPDetroit
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down