The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone heard of Chase the Sun?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone heard of Chase the Sun? Empty Anyone heard of Chase the Sun?

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:28 pm

They made a comment on a Saint song on YT so I went searching. Good, technical metal with great production and I wonder if they are Christians? Anyone know of them? https://chasethesun.band/music
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Chase the Sun? Empty Re: Anyone heard of Chase the Sun?

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:41 am

Yeah they're really good!  Their drummer is a member here. I actually just recently added them onto the CMR Members' Bands thread a few weeks ago:
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t6284-cmr-members-bands
Kerrick wrote:Chase The Sun / Deadpool / bandcamp reverbnation facebook

I believe all of the members are Christians but maybe Deadpool can chime in to confirm. Fun note, they're a local band here and while I haven't had a chance to see 'em live yet, I did get to hang out with Deadpool and chat Christian metal and such recently. Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:05 am

That's cool, maybe move this to the christian section?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:11 pm

Hey! This is Myles (Deadpool) from Chase The Sun. Yeah, had fun hanging out with Kerrick a couple of weeks ago and reveling in our metal nerdiness. 

Thanks so much for the props gentlemen! We're having a great time writing and getting the stuff recorded as we can etc. Just finished up tracking four more songs to add to the previous four and thinking about going ahead with an album release as opposed to another four song E.P. We'll see.

Yes, we are in fact all believers, though when the project was formed that wasn't necessarily the intent. Long story short, the other three had known each other forever and I answered an ad that they had placed for a drummer. It turned out that we had some mutual friends and the bassist and I were also acquaintances from a church way back years before. Anyway, I didn't know that they were Christians when I went for the audition, and they didn't know that about me either (they weren't looking for that specifically), so it just kind of happened. We all clicked really well during the audition, both musically and personally and here we are. 

So, we're not purposefully evangelistic in either lyrics or stage presentation (thought we might be if the mood happens to strike--we don't place many "rules" on ourselves), but at the same time all of the lyrics come from individuals with a Christian world view, so nothing would ever be offensive to the Lord or scripture either. We just write about whatever is on our mind at the time. 

That's enough of my blabbering--thanks for checking it out! 

BTW--to bring this all back around home--one of those mutual friends that I was talking about is the current lead guitar player for Saint, Matt Smith. He and Jason & James (our current vocalist and bassist respectively) used to be in a band called Millennium years ago. I met Matt many years later, long before I ever met the guys, and we used to jam together as well. If you are familiar with the Deliverance tribute album "Temporary Insanity" put together a few years ago, we recorded a version of "If We Faint Not" under the band name GhosTemple.  Matt played all guitars and bass, I played the drums, and Josh Kramer from Saint handled the vocals. 

How that all came together is a story for another time...............

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm

What style of music is this band? It seems like it's power metal.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:50 pm

We have taken to referring to it as Art-Metal. 

Power Metal is an interesting take on it. I don't know if it really falls into that slot.  Maybe a bit in the vocals. Those are certainly in the camp of maybe Geoff Tate or to a degree, Dickenson.

But the music itself tends to lean towards being technical and at the same time kind of moody / atmospheric. Some Opeth and Gojira influence there.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Gojira is a good reference and without out all the earth is about to burn down stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:54 am

Some good news!

Chase The Sun wrote:This morning Chase The Sun steps into Amplified Wax Recording Studio to start our 3rd EP. 4 heavy, melodic, dark & progressive songs will emerge by the end of next week. Please send us blessings & positive vibes. Thank you for your support.
https://chasethesun.band
Anyone heard of Chase the Sun? 383839905_10225020441723704_7708129549900320875_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=4CGakBLyFPsAX9Xhu90&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Wow, very cool and very awesome. It's pretty nuts for a guy like me who doesn't know ANYONE in the music industry listening to stories like this! Thanks for sharing! I believe I listened to some of your music when Kerrick had mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I'm going to go back and listen to it again. Cheers, and all the best!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:31 pm

Kerrick wrote:Some good news!

Chase The Sun wrote:This morning Chase The Sun steps into Amplified Wax Recording Studio to start our 3rd EP. 4 heavy, melodic, dark & progressive songs will emerge by the end of next week. Please send us blessings & positive vibes. Thank you for your support.
https://chasethesun.band
Anyone heard of Chase the Sun? 383839905_10225020441723704_7708129549900320875_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=49d041&_nc_ohc=4CGakBLyFPsAX9Xhu90&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1
Thanks bro.

A goofing around pic that I never thought would see the light of day, and of course it's the one that ends up getting used lol! 

Zach is just like  "I don't know these people and I have to leave now"   Laughing Laughing

Jason's wife was kind enough to grab a few shots of us that night.
But see, this is what happens when the singer gets into his wife's phone.   Smile

BTW, the drum session went real well yesterday.

3/4 of the day is spent with the kit. Setting it up, tuning (this takes the most amount of time because you continue to freshen it up throughout the session), placing everything--drums and cymbals--where I need it, micing it all and getting channels and levels etc, switching mics when one isn't behaving just right, making sure everything is in phase---there's just a ton of stuff to do before we actually get to rolling on the tracks.

But that kit sounds Godzilla huge. 

I think it ultimately took about 10.5 hours, but I got all four songs tracked and done. 

Jimmy said that it was the largest kit he'd ever recorded....and he's been doing this professionally awhile now.

Today we move on to the guitars.

Grabbed about 3-4 takes of each song. The last recording of each was the best (that's why it's the last I suppose) and the others are there for safeties so that if the producer needs to do a patch or two then he's got other takes to work with.

I play to a click of course so every take is pretty much the same.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Kerrick, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:33 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:Wow, very cool and very awesome. It's pretty nuts for a guy like me who doesn't know ANYONE in the music industry listening to stories like this! Thanks for sharing! I believe I listened to some of your music when Kerrick had mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I'm going to go back and listen to it again. Cheers, and all the best!!
Thanks bro!

Appreciate the support man.   Metal 2

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:34 pm

Chase The Sun has a new EP in the works!  I'll definitely be picking it up as soon as it's available.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Deadpool like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpool Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:52 pm

Kerrick wrote:Chase The Sun has a new EP in the works!  I'll definitely be picking it up as soon as it's available.

I love you I love you

It's in the final mix revision stage right now.
But I've heard the first draft on a set of pro JBL monitors, and the recording sonics are off the chain bro.

This sounds even bigger than the last album.

And of course the band member is going to talk it up ( Rockin Loud  Razz ) but I'll leave any performance critiques to the masses.

We had a number of songs to choose from and these are four of our favorites to perform live. So we thought that was probably the best criteria in making the (rather tough) decision on which ones to take into the studio. 

But yeah, I think that you're gonna dig it man.

Deadpool
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:03 pm

Looking forward to it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick and Deadpool like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:49 pm

New song!  (Hmm for whatever reason I can't imbed the video so you just gotta trust me that I'm not Rickrollin' anyone... Twisted Evil )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtv4ds_WKI

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and Deadpool like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down