The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently?

+9
Machine Fish
Constantine
Andreas89
HenrikB
alldatndensum
Snert I
11razorwire
Markus1987
Soulfly
13 posters

Go down

What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently? Empty What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently?

Post by Soulfly Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 7:08

Bands currently on my playlist:
Soulfly
Demon Hunter 
Metsatöll
Deliverance
The Ascendicate
Blood Thirsty
Demoniciduth
Antestor
Holy Blood
Death Therapy 
Circle of Dust
Virginia Creeper

Other bands I like, but am currently tired of:
Machine Head
Metallica
Disturbed
Rammstein 
Korn
Apocalyptica
P.O.D.
Lordi
Destrophy

Would like to se lists of other users. Also a question: How many bands do you listen to at all? I mean for me, these are literally the only bands I like. Am I the only one who listens to only a handful of bands and not really into most other music?

Soulfly
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently? Empty Re: What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently?

Post by Markus1987 Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 13:17

My current list could be:

Lordi
Insomnium
Vorna
Babymetal
Deuteronomium
Stryper

There's a lot more that I've listened in the past few weeks, but these are the more recent ones.

Soulfly wrote:How many bands do you listen to at all? I mean for me, these are literally the only bands I like. Am I the only one who listens to only a handful of bands and not really into most other music?

How many bands do I listen? Hmm... Maybe 30 or 40 bands.  It's kinda hard to answer to that, because it may sometimes take so long when you listen to a particular band for the next time.  No matter if it's your all time favourite band or not. 

To answer to the second question, I don't think you are the only one. But I myself am more of the type of guy who is searching new bands and stuff ALL THE TIME Very Happy .
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently? Empty Re: What bands do you listen to? What's on your playlist currently?

Post by Constantine Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 13:39

Markus1987 wrote:To answer to the second question, I don't think you are the only one. But I myself am more of the type of guy who is searching new bands and stuff ALL THE TIME Very Happy .
I am the same - I enjoy discovering new bands and artists.   I have found a few really good ones just by being on this board.

Generally, I have broad tastes and like a wide variety of music and bands.   However, unless there is variety within an album, I get tired of a band's sound and move on to something else after a few songs.   That's why I like making playlists with a few songs from each artist. 

I could not list every artist or band I listen to because that would be way too big.  But here are some bands I have listened to recently and currently:

Deth Enemy
The Brave
Liason
Firegate
Angel 7
Thunderchild
Griffin
Artch

I have not been in much of a thrash / extreme mood, that comes and goes.  Lately I want more melodic, or just plain U.S. power metal.  But Angel 7 is nice  classic metal / thrash /death hybrid from the Ukraine, and I am enjoying their last album right now....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 8:51

Too many to list, but the main bands in recent weeks are:

Megadeth
Judas Priest
Fit for a King
KISS
Havok
Jorn
Halestorm
Dust Bolt
The Agonist
Breaking Benjamin
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Snert I Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 14:00

Just like Constantine, I like to make playlists with my favorite songs from a lot of bands.
So I'll post the bands that are in one of my Heavy Music playlists. I would not consider all these bands to be my favorite bands - but all of them have songs that I would rank among my favorite songs or that reflect what I like to listen to:

Theocracy
Allen Lande
Amorphis
Saviour Machine
Seventh Avenue
Bride
Ayreon
Gotthard
Epica
Unisonic
Petra
Bloodgood
Rhapsody
Blind Guardian
Wuthering Heights
Sentenced
Nightwish
Rob Rock
Sonata Arctica
Metallica
Helloween
Luca Turilli
Haggard
Machinae Supremacy
X-Sinner
W.A.S.P.

Savatage
Project Aegis
Signum Regis
The Black Tartan Clan
Flatfoot 56

The last album I listened through was by the german punk rock band "Die Toten Hosen".

Last edited by Snert I on Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 11:54; edited 4 times in total

Snert I
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:12

Today, I am finishing the collected works of Nelson.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:21

I like a whole lot of different music, so my playlist will change quite frequently. And I enjoy discovering new music. At this very moment, I'm listening to a playlist with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, The Showdown, Crowbar, Thieves & Liars and The Tug Fork River Band. Before that, it's been a lot of AOR recently. Kansas, Journey, Boston, Foreigner and so on. When it comes to music, my motto is "I'll listen to anything, as long as it's good". With one exception: there's a genre in Sweden called "dansband", I won't listen to that.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:50

At the moment I'm listening a lot to the following bands:

Freedom Call
Toto
Visigoth (especially Mammoth Rider)
Wind Rose (exclusively their latest album though)

Other than that, there's some go to artists like Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Neal Morse, Northern Flame etc. And I regularly put albums that I don't listen to that often on my mp3 player to discover I should listen to them more often: Thy Majestie, Enzo and the Glory Ensemble, Far Beyond, Domine, Dark Moor... and many moor, I mean, more
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 11:38

Andreas89 wrote:At the moment I'm listening a lot to the following bands:

Freedom Call
Toto

I thought Toto XIV (their 13th album, from 2015) was fantastic.  I was never much of a fan, but that one is impressive on so many levels.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 13:58

Oh man... I listen to so many bands. Last year Spotify notified me on the wrapped feature (it's an overview of what you listened to that year.) I listened to 364 separate bands. That's almost as many bands as there are days in the year. ⟵(o_O) 

I have dedicated playlists for each year currently from 2005 to 2019, that have my favorite albums and EP's from each year, it's really varied.

But I frequently listen to:
Overkill, Megadeth, Testament, War of Ages, August Burns Red, Striker, Unearth, Killswitch Engage, DragonForce, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, As I Lay Dying, Haste the Day, Monotheist, Archspire, Warbringer, and Impending Doom. I listen to a huge variety while I'm at work. (Those are only the Metal bands I listen to. I have a few other genres I enjoy too.)
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 3:16

The only album that has had significant repeated listens in recent months is Striker - Play To Win. More than 18 months after its release, I still can't seem to get this thing out of my speakers.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 7:36

Follower of Jesus wrote:The only album that has had significant repeated listens in recent months is Striker - Play To Win. More than 18 months after its release, I still can't seem to get this thing out of my speakers.
That is a fantastic album.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 11:17

Well to make it easy, here is my Spotify Playlist from last year with my Top 100 songs

Granted I listen to a lot on CDs in my car, vinyl, and my entire collection on Itunes

But I did spend a lot of time on Spotify so here it is:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1Etc2sSGjMzoeu
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 4:50

This week, I am playing the catalog of the Scorpions.

Last week, it was all the John Schlitt era Petra albums.

The week before that, I did a Twisted Sister marathon.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 5:53

Constantine wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:At the moment I'm listening a lot to the following bands:

Freedom Call
Toto

I thought Toto XIV (their 13th album, from 2015) was fantastic.  I was never much of a fan, but that one is impressive on so many levels.
That's a fantastic album actually, maybe their best since the 80s. And I have some expertise here since I own all their albums and they're the first band I ever became a fanboy of Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 18:58

This week I've been listening to Steve Perry's 2018 release "Traces".....Several songs I've been listening to over and over.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 14:51

I’ve been listening to Temple of Blood all week since I received the ‘Overlord’ remaster...it’s like listening to a brand new album.
Also, Lordchain discography and Atomic Opera’s remaster of ‘For Madmen Only’
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down