The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Sweet - Ten. (Cover art and track list)

+12
Superjuice
JPK72
Ammocas
Andreas89
jusma
My Awesome Timothy
Follower of Jesus
Black Rider
alldatndensum
gunz1977
MikeInFla
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Sweet - Ten. (Cover art and track list) - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Sweet - Ten. (Cover art and track list)

Post by Superjuice Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Mike's heard of this band called Pearl Jam right?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet - Ten. (Cover art and track list) - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Sweet - Ten. (Cover art and track list)

Post by WildWorld Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Superjuice wrote:Mike's heard of this band called Pearl Jam right?
Not to mention all of these other albums:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=ten&type=release

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:55 pm

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Yassssss.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:56 am

This latest track is nowhere close to the first two that were released IMO. It's okay. The lead guitar work is outstanding, but I don't like the chorus at all. I love the lyrical approach, but the chorus is...lacking. I also don't care for the distortion on his vocals. He did something like that on Golden Age from his last solo album and I didn't like it there either. But it's not a horrible song either. I won't skip it when it comes on when I listen to the album eventually, if only for the lead guitars.  Guitar guy
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:57 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:28 pm

That is another smokin track! Todd LaTorre sounds really good. I love the lyrics too.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:46 pm

I agree, I like the interchange of their voices.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 pm

This showed up Thursday. I was actually unclear on the release day so that was a surprise. I really liked the tracks released beforehand but thankfully there are some better ones still to be had. Now or Never, Never Alone, When Love Is Hated and Lay It Down are all personal favorites so far alongside Better Part of Me and Son of Man. 

Michael said this would be filled with surprises. I'm not so sure about that. Never Alone has a pretty meaty riff that carries under the chorus and out after the solo it that's new for Michael. When Love Is Hated has a main riff that is a direct modification of Led Zeppelin's "The Wanton Song." He's been borrowing from Black Sabbath (and covering Black Sabbath) in recent years but I think this is the first Led Zeppelin borrowing. Other than that this is another fantastic album where each song otherwise could appear on Stryper's stuff with no issue. Being in the Stryper box so long as made every step slightly outside seem "surprising" to Michael it seems.

I've actually loved the last 3 Stryper albums including GDE. However these solo discs are leaner and more diverse. It like the "lighter" feel of the songs. He's not trying as hard, if I can say that. These sound more fun, while Stryper sounds more serious, "big." Great album either way.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:22 am

I’ve only gotten through this once but on first listen, my thoughts:

1. As FF said, some of the best songs were not among the prereleased songs. “Never Alone” is as heavy as I’ve ever heard Sweet. There are several great songs beyond the four prereleased songs.

2. I’m wondering if he’s recycling some riffs. For example the beginning of “Lay It Down” sounds so familiar but I can’t place it. 

3. The lyrics are great! I love “Better Part of Me”, as an example. Mike is really getting bolder with each album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am

Stryper/Mike have many songs that I think they've used the riff on other songs but I think most groups do that.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:43 am

All songs are now on YouTube
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm looking forward to this. I'll be ordering this within the next week or so. Someone gave me a free download code for the album. Is TEN better that OME SIDED WAR or mostly the same?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm

I like it better then One Side War, mostly due to the guests but it's pretty similar in style.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 am

As I’ve gotten to know this new album, I think I like OSW a bit more. What’s great about Ten are the lyrics, and the guest shredders. It’s a good album overall with some standout tracks. But I think that OSW was more consistent. I get the feeling listening to much of Ten that I’ve heard these songs, or at least the riffs, before. There are exceptions, of course. Those exceptions are the best songs IMHO. Better Part of Me, Never Alone, and Son of Man are the top songs for me. I like some others too. The ballad, Let It Be Love, musically, is nothing groundbreaking, but I like the lyrics.

If you liked OSW, you’ll like this too. It’s a solid album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:01 am

For me, "Ten" is Michael's shining moment.  There is something about this album that just clicks with me.  The songs seem better written than anything else he's done.  The different lead players bring in new elements we've not really had before.  This is better than anything Stryper has done or than Michael has done as a solo artist.  He has saved his best work until now.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:35 am

Not sure I would say it's better then Soldiers but it is a great album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am

Black Rider wrote:Not sure I would say it's better then Soldiers but it is a great album.

Musically, Soldiers is strong, but some of the lyrics are not very mature.  Of course, when it came out, neither was I and didn't notice.  Michael's lyrics are far better on this record.  The riffage is heavy, and he doesn't sing like a girl on his ballads now.  This is a better project overall in my opinion.

Of course, my opinion and $6 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  They will probably only charge you $5 if you leave my opinion out of it.   lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2